Martin Smolinski

Rune Holta

Wieslaw Jagus

Ryan Sullivan

Robert Kosciecha

Matej Ferjan

and that the top 3 qualify for the '07 GP's

but has a date and venue been set yet?

It's without doubt a competitive field and one with at least six riders who could hold their own in a GP field. Very suprised at the lack of current GP riders in the lineup and come the announcements for the wildcards some may well regret not taking part.

The story of the meeting hopefully will be that Ales is taking part and of course qualifies.....that would really cap off a magnificent recovery :)

Gafurov comes in for Ales.David Howe is now a reserve

And you can be sure that no one will be keeping a closer eye on procedings than BSI. They'll be hoping the likes of Andersen, Kolodziej, Protasiewicz, Stead, Harris or Holta make it through - they don't want the likes of Jagus, Ferjan or Smolinski cluttering up their circus. They don't like qualifying, they can't control it.

Edited by Subedei

Being a bees fan and English I would really like Bomber to go through, I dont think he would worry the leaders however he would be sure to give some entertainment as he did throughout the WTC.

Plus it would be another learning curve which would hopefully help his Coventry career.

Edited by Sir Jasper

Vetlanda 19th August i think!

thx :) im not sure I know anything about this track........is anyone a home rider?

Gafurov comes in for Ales.David Howe is now a reserve

well that is a shame....still im sure Ales has other things to think about (perhaps it was a bit hopeful!)

And you can be sure that no one will be keeping a closer eye on procedings than BSI. They'll be hoping the likes of Andersen, Kolodziej, Protasiewicz, Stead, Harris or Holta make it through - they don't want the likes of Jagus, Ferjan or Smolinski cluttering up their circus. They don't like qualifying, they can't control it.

indeed Subedei ......also looking at the current GP lineup and counting the numbers representing each nationality I've come to the conclusion that BSI's winter wildcard selections could well be influenced by the result of this qualifying final....................assuming the top 11 are retained for next season (can't see them dropping any of them) it would leave one final permanent wild card to be given on top of the 3 qualifiers.........If Hans qualifies as of right I really can't see a Danish rider getting one as they would have 3 riders already.....the same with the Swedes, Poles and Aussies if one of their guys gets through............if Simon or Bomber don't make it through and if crowds and TV interest are high on the agenda GB are in pole position for the final wildcard as otherwise they are likely to only have one rider .........the major spanner in the works with this would be if Hans didnt make the top 3 in this final as he surely would be given the final wildcard......wouldnt he?

can't see them wanting Pepe through again.....I would have thought their favoured qualifiers would be Hans, Steady and either PK or Janusz

p.s. just found Tomazpozrl's original thread on this....that'll teach me not to be observant (although in my defence there are 4 pages of SWC inbetween :D)

anyway here is the riding order:

1 Chris HARRIS ACU Great Britain

2 Charlie GJEDDE DMU Denmark

3 Janusz KOLODZIEJ PZM Poland

4 Peter KARLSSON SVEMO Sweden

5 Wieslaw JAGUS PZM Poland

6 Renat GAFUROV MFR Russia

7 Simon STEAD ACU Great Britain

8 Mikael MAX SVEMO Sweden

9 Rune HOLTA NMF Norway

10 Robert KOSCIECHA PZM Poland

11 Ryan SULLIVAN MA Australia

12 Kaj LAUKKANEN SML Finland

13 Martin SMOLINSKI DMSB Germany

14 Piotr PROTASIEWICZ PZM Poland

15 Hans ANDERSEN DMU Denmark

16 Matej FERJAN MAMS Slovenia

17 David Howe ACU Great Britain

18 David RUUD SVEMO Sweden

Edited by spook

can't see them wanting Pepe through again.....I would have thought their favoured qualifiers would be Hans, Steady and either PK or Janusz

If PePe keeps hold of Pental as a sponsor, I'd imagine BSI wouldn't mind having him around.

If PePe keeps hold of Pental as a sponsor, I'd imagine BSI wouldn't mind having him around.

a bit difficult for him to lose that particular piece of sponsorship! :D

well we all had our suspicions as to some of the real reasons he gained the wildcard in the first place this season ......but I cant see after this year's poor form how even sponsorship could make BSI happy with his inclusion!

(sorry HenryW)

Edited by spook

Guest PanthersChamp06

I'm hoping Ryan, Hans and Steady to through.

Not going to happen, but I guess the "nightmare" scenario for BSI and the FIM is where Kolodziej, Jagus and Protasiewicz all qualify, along with Gollob and Hampel in the top 8 - oh dear, what to do?

Andersen, Sullivan and Holta I reckon. Although it would be nice for Bomber and/or Steady to finish in the top three B)

Kaj Lukkanen

Gufarov

Janusz Kolodziej - Early season form suggested he could of been a contender but struggled in SWC. With a good performance may become a consideration due to need for Polish representation and sponsorship ....

Michael Max

Hans Andersen - Will be in the SGP series next year even if he fails to make the top 3. has to be handed a Wild Card whatever.

Chris Harris - With Richardsons' likely demise from the SGP as I cant see him making a top 8 finish. A good performance from Bomber or Stead may see them on the SGP stage with a Wild Card simply to give BSI 2 jewels to their Cardiff Crown.

Peter Karlsson - If fit and on early season form PK has a great chance also ... although has struggled a little.

Simon Stead - see Chris Harris ....

Piotr Protasiewicz - Pentel could be the key but has struggled so badly on the SGP scene unless he makes top 3 - bye pepe !!!!

Charlie Gjedde -

Martin Smolinski

Rune Holta - I understand the meeting is on one of his home tracks so should have a good chance of qualifying. I wonder if he does whether he will become Polish again ......

Wieslaw Jagus

Ryan Sullivan

Robert Kosciecha

Matej Ferjan

Kaj Lukkanen

Gufarov

Janusz Kolodziej - Early season form suggested he could of been a contender but struggled in SWC. With a good performance may become a consideration due to need for Polish representation and sponsorship ....

Michael Max

Hans Andersen - Will be in the SGP series next year even if he fails to make the top 3. has to be handed a Wild Card whatever. 

Chris Harris - With Richardsons' likely demise from the SGP as I cant see him making a top 8 finish. A good performance from Bomber or Stead may see them on the SGP stage with a Wild Card simply to give BSI 2 jewels to their Cardiff Crown.

Peter Karlsson - If fit and on early season form PK has a great chance also ... although has struggled a little.

Simon Stead - see Chris Harris ....

Piotr Protasiewicz - Pentel could be the key but has struggled so badly on the SGP scene unless he makes top 3 - bye pepe !!!!

Charlie Gjedde -

Martin Smolinski

Rune Holta - I understand the meeting is on one of his home tracks so should have a good chance of qualifying. I wonder if he does whether he will become Polish again ......

Wieslaw Jagus

Ryan Sullivan

Robert Kosciecha

Matej Ferjan

Definitely Hans, either way he's gonna be in it. I reckon he's probably gonna go through in the qualifying final - god knows he's good enough. He'd wanna do that way as well I think.

Difficult about the other two.. I think Rune Holta has a good chance, and I'm thinking maybe Kolodziej as well.. I'd like to see him in there, he's a hell of a talent. It'd be great to see Chris or Steady in there too. If Richardson doesnt qualify in the top eight at the end of this season (looking pretty likely at the moment), Steady should get the wildcard instead.

I think that Hans & Re-Run Rune will qualify, but the other one is anybody's.

Anyone from Kolodziej, Max, Karlsson, Protasiewicz, Sullivan, Ferjan or even Jagus (who rode for VMS for a few seasons up till this year & fly's around Vetlanda) have a chance of qualifying for next year's GP.

I think this could be the meeting of the year & can't wait for it

Quite simply Hans HAS to qualify ......if he doesn't it spells big trouble for others in getting the final wildcard on offer

If we consider that Crump is the only guy who is safe from qualifying automatically with only Hancock and N pedersen who have been able to seperate themselves from the rest of the field to any degree........from Gollob on 62 down to Lindback on 45 there are 8 guys....all of them world class and none of them realistically 'sackable' (hmmmm but we thought the same about Hans last year!)..................i'm finding it a nailed on certainty that positions 9-11 will get wildcards

this leaves one permanent wildcard, one reserved for each GP and 3 to come from the qualifier

I'm not sure about Pepe or Rico's chances of qualifying or getting a wildcard but it certainly looks like NKI is unlikely to get in for next year now he is out of the qualifier...I really can't see BSI putting a 4th Dane in