British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ezekiel

Mark Loram

Harris an embaressment? Like he was in the world cup I suppose against GP opposition. :rolleyes:

Hope he qualifies :approve:

He's clearly the second best Brit about at the moment, and I think, he is amongst the best 16 in the world as well.

If the stats are right and i am no stats man.He is 27th in the Ekstraliga and 24th in Sweden. :unsure: Maybe all put together he is amongst the best 15(we do need a wildcard i guess),but the fact remains he didn't even try to qualify.Give the places to the best who have gone through the process of competing against each other through the system

Harris an embaressment? Like he was in the world cup I suppose against GP opposition.  :rolleyes: 

Hope he qualifies  :approve:

In the SWC final, the only GP rider he defeated was Antonio Lindback.

Iris123,

League form, is to some extent, irrevelant. It's form in World events that count. And Loram showed, during the SWC that he is Britain's second best rider and that he is maybe amongst the 15 best in the world.

Also, Loram didn't so much not enter the round this year, as have the opportunity taken away from him. Remember all the hoo-hah regarding the British Final?

Subedei,

Er... didn't Harris WIN a race during the SWC Final?... three beaten opponents there already!! I agree that he's not ready for the GP series though.

Will be interesting to see how Stead, Harris and Howe (if Kolodziej is still unfit) fare in the GP qualifying final in a week's time. If none of them perform, then it has to be Loram in the 2007 GP series.

All the best

Rob

Yes Rob.But it is his league form everyone is raving about and saying he should be in the GP's because of it.Also part of the problem was that he wouldn't commit to going further in the qualis,wasn't it?

Guest schumifan
Yes Rob.But it is his league form everyone is raving about and saying he should be in the GP's because of it.Also part of the problem was that he wouldn't commit to going further in the qualis,wasn't it?

Uh oh. Don't open up that can of worms again :blink::D

Subedei,

Er... didn't Harris WIN a race during the SWC Final?... three beaten opponents there already!!  I agree that he's not ready for the GP series though. 

All the best

Rob

Make that TWO beaten opponents, since the third, Hans Andersen, was excluded after Harris - yes HARRIS - did his dying swan impersonation when he realised he couldn't hold Andersen off. So, if there'd been a decent referee, he wouldn't have even beaten Lindback, since he'd have been excluded.

Uh oh. Don't open up that can of worms again :blink:  :D

Rob started it,not me.Honest Shazzy :(:wink:

I see she has joined us

No. Mark had his chance and its time for the youngsters. If he wanted it he should have applied to enter and quaify through this year.

It was awful watching some old Norwegian beat him in his last GP. Don't want to see that again.

Let the youngsters have a go.

I liked you up until that posting Mr Shovlar, roll on next Friday/Saturday :rolleyes:

Will he be world champ again? not likely, but good GP's for TV with him in the races - Definitely.

:approve: oh how much of heaven would that be for the Mark fans, they gave Chris Louis a 2nd chance at Cardiff one year so why not let Mark be a wild card, get the noiseometer ready for when he appears on the tv., or on track at Cardiff or any other GP track!!!! Made me cry one year was so emotional, this lad that I've known since we were kids at Canterbury now a national hero! Who would of thought it?

Rob started it,not me.Honest Shazzy :(  :wink:

I see she has joined us

Had to read the whole thread before replying Iris :P Was going to reply to your posting there but not going to argue on this count just think it would be wonderful to see Mark in the GPs again next season. :approve:

In the SWC final, the only GP rider he defeated was Antonio Lindback.

Who is in the grand prix..... :blink:

Take it you've chosen to forget his move on Gollob in the race-off then? :rolleyes:

Take it you've chosen to forget his move on Gollob in the race-off then?  :rolleyes:

I'll never forget Boyceys move on Gollob at the start line Hackney GP 1995 :lol::approve:

Who is in the grand prix.....  :blink:

Take it you've chosen to forget his move on Gollob in the race-off then?  :rolleyes:

That'll probably be why I said the "only GP rider he defeated was Lindback".

Didn't I read somewhere that Gollob had never seen Reading before and that his defeat by Harris was in his second race? Anyway, in the race-off, he also defeated Nicki P and Iversen.

And, as has been said before, the GPs are a step up from the SWC, although, frankly, I think the SWC a more compelling competition.

Although Mark can provide great races, I feel Simon Stead and even Chris Harris would get in front of him with only Steady a better call really.

Nicholls and Steady - may not be World Champions but some good races ahead.