British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ezekiel

Mark Loram

Personally, I'm not sure about the age argument. After all, riders like Hancock can still compete with the very best, who if I've got my stats right for once, is older than Loram. Adams is around Loram's age, as is Gollob. Yet they're still all making finals and even winning GP's.

Yes, but Hancock has been an ever-present and Adams and Gollob continue to qualify via the top eight. The difference is, Loram had a particularly poor GP series last time out, and was deemed not good enough to warrant a nominated spot. I'm not suggesting he is not good enough at present, but he did have a marked dip in form that led to his expulsion from the series. I'll be interested to see how easy it is to get back in once you've been left out in the cold - really depends what line BSI want to take on this one.

The difference is, Loram had a particularly poor GP series last time out, and was deemed not good enough to warrant a nominated spot. I'm not suggesting he is not good enough at present, but he did have a marked dip in form that led to his expulsion from the series. I'll be interested to see how easy it is to get back in once you've been left out in the cold - really depends what line BSI want to take on this one.

Injury had played a big part in Marks form, now (touch wood) he's back to full strength and most of the fans would like to see him one more time in the GP series.

Injury had played a big part in Marks form, now (touch wood) he's back to full strength and most of the fans would like to see him one more time in the GP series.

I think that's how we all see it, but unfortunately it's not our decision. And as for those who do have to decide, I just hope they can see it the same way - although, if truth be told, I hugely doubt that they will. Youth is the way forward, after all... :rolleyes:

Yep youth is the way forward but they will get there chance.

Please Mr BSI man let Markie have a go again :approve:

SC you've already been warned once, we are trying to get Mark in the GP's and you are not helping so when Tabby catches up with you boy are you gonna get it :approve::P:approve:

You 2 have your favourite riders....I have mine :P

Admittedly, Mark is one of them but in this case.....

Get Bomber in ;)

Yeah right maybe the year after, that's if Lewis isn't already there :wink:

Yeah right maybe the year after, that's if Lewis isn't already there  :wink:

To be honest, the way Harris has been going after the first couple of months of the season there's very little difference in their form.

If Loram is good enough to be in the GP's, so is Harris.

The only way Bridger is going to be in the GP's in 2008 is if BSI are 'looking to the future.' And in which case, they're hardly going to put Mark back in.

I'll go into hiding now shall I ? ;)

Now,now Shazzy.Where do you get that from.If i remember rightly even the petition to get him in the British Final got about 50 names on it(after it was extended further than planned).Maybe if you said "most of my speedway mates".That might come to a 30 or 40 :D.

Now Now Iris. :angry:

Give Loramski another crack at it.

Chris the year after-racing against Loramski after Loramski gets through again.

You know it makes sense :)

Edited by Nevs

Now Now Iris. :angry:

:rolleyes:

Nevs!Feeling ok?If i point out something that is clearly untrue(just look at the posts here and it is clear that we are not unanimous in wanting Loram in)is that grounds for getting angry?If you get angry everytime someone disagrees with the opinion you hold......well.Lifes a bitch :P

Iris with you in Hamburg it is very doubtful that you get to watch Mark or anyone else ride as much as we here in England, therefore we can see their form, you can only read what people think and say about a performance, no disrespect meant to you everyone knows I am a Mark Loram fan (I say it often enough :lol: ) so am yep a tad bias in my postings, when I go to different tracks and hear people saying about Marks performance and how he really should be in the GP series for the Brits again there are a lot of Mark fans out there that 1. don't read the forum therefore couldn't vote on the petition and 2. don't read the speedway star either.

I don't get the speedway star anymore as most of it is on here before that goes to print and anyway in a few years it will all be in Backtrack magazine (there ya go Tony nice little plug there :approve: ) So in theory all you get to see is the blinkered views of Mark fans and non Mark fans that use the forum :wink:

Thats more like it Shazzy.At least it's based on facts.....but.....lets face it ,you probably go to meetings that Mark is riding in or at least to tracks where he is more likely to be popular than the others.If you went further up north,maybe popular opinion would be more towards Stead or Harris.If you went to Swindon,maybe fans would still be saying Lee should be given a chance.And lets face it even someone as talkative as you hasn't managed to talk to 51% of the crowd at every track you visit.And how many tracks have you been to this year?

I know your biased,just wanted to point out what i think is an overexageration :P

Btw i have seen Mark recently watching Eliteserien.Think he was beaten by Kim Jansson amongst others.Just like i said,ok he is doing well in england but he can't put those performances in everywher nowadays and imo the GP's would be stretching him too thin :unsure:

And lets face it even someone as talkative as you hasn't managed to talk to 51% of the crowd at every track you visit.And how many tracks have you been to this year?

:lol: Iris I talk to everyone!!!! believe me!!!! (well I spoke to Vega didn't I?!!) in fact most people approach me, perhaps I look lost at Eastbourne in my Poole Jacket and they feel sorry for me :unsure::lol:

In all honesty 3 tracks this season same as most seasons, yep mainly when Mark is riding at them or a team that I have friends attending.

I was using Marks name just as an example, was getting at the fact we see more riders here that you do in Germany therefore we get to build an picture more by seeing them week in week out, I've probably seen Dean Barker and Floppy ride more this season than Mark and I can see if they have improved over the season or not, whereas you can only read about them and not form your own opinion as to their form (does that make sense it's not meant to sound patronising yet it's coming across that way :oops: )