British Speedway Forum
bmth11

How The Hell Was Nicholls Excluded ?

just seen the replay some 20 times now.

Firstly nicholls rides right into the side of hans, forcing him a bit wider than he wanted to be, so hans angles a little more aggressively for the corner, nicholls pushes an elbow which commects to hans' shoulder, forcing him a little wider again, so hans leans in a little more to try and keep his line, forcing his own elbow and handlebars below scott's, and with his bike leaning back at that angle, and with the track in the condition it was in, Hans was never gonna stay on.

A very difficult decision IMO, but the right one.

Perhaps Linback should learn to ride like Hans then Crump may not have made the final!

(Playing for the professional foul in football)

What comes around goes around has been said by Nicholls in recents weeks, and today it came around. 2 weeks ago, should never had been in the final, but thanks to a British Ref he was. It's a pity really because he had a better chance of winning this week, than 2 weeks ago.

How can someone who knows there is a TV camera pointing right at you use language like was used today.

Nicholls was unlucky in my opinion, but hey it's over now and not a damn things anyone can do about it.

Anything else i say will no doubt just be a repeat of what's already been said.

Congrats to Andreas "s*** happens f*** it" Jonsson

Either one could have gone, Nicholls for nudging Andersen off, or Andersen for causing the stoppage.

It was a 50/50 but the ref made an inconsistent decision compared to those he had already made!

For my part, if that had been Panthers v The Bees I'd have happily been shouting for Nicholls exclusion but on the night I want Nicholls to win so I wanted Hans excluded, it could have gone any way :blink:

Personally, and with respect to all other contributors, I feel that Nicholls got the thin of the wedge here given some of the referee's earlier decisions in this GP. Pedersen had already fallen off in the first attempt to run the semi and Scott was well in front of Andersen. He then passes him again in the re-run and Andersen falls off without any contact. OK there was barging between the 2 of them coming down the straight (50/50?), Nicholls had won that tussle, got the line, did not move out and Hans fell off of his own accord. It doesn't matter whether it was wet or not. Andersen's reason for falling was his own lack of control in the bend.

And, lets face it, if Nicki had got off the track in the first running, instead of kneeling in the mud gesticualting in a 'Its not fair' way, Nicholls would have easily beaten Andersen and made the Final for the 2nd GP running. What a shame Nicki didn't act as quickly and sportingly as Jason Crump did when he fell in the Final.

Well done the Brit for riding so well in conditions that do not suit non-gaters and well done to AJ for winning the Final. The best rider on view, even if on his home track, and deservedly in the Final, unlike a couple of the others. A shame Greg didn't make the Final and keep the WC going a bit longer than it will (why didn't you chose blue Greg?)

A great meeting and well done to all for getting it on and getting on with it.

And Creamer: "Creamer Posted Today, 10:56 PM

What comes around goes around has been said by Nicholls in recents weeks, and today it came around. 2 weeks ago, should never had been in the final, but thanks to a British Ref he was. It's a pity really because he had a better chance of winning this week, than 2 weeks ago.

How can someone who knows there is a TV camera pointing right at you use language like was used today."

Pot and kettle? Or are you joking? Hans Andersen's language and violent behaviour at Reading in the World Cup Final was surely far worse than Nicholls' expletives tonight.

Edited by macca56

just seen the replay some 20 times now.

Firstly nicholls rides right into the side of hans, forcing him a bit wider than he wanted to be

You might want to watch it 20 more times, there is no contact. As Scott pulls along side Hans, Hans stops letting the bike run up the natural line that eh had been taking every other lap and flicks it so he starts to turn left.

There was definatly no contact until AFTER Hans' bike had flicked.

End of the day, final analysis, people can watch it until the cows come home and then continue watching it until the cows go back out again and they're not going to change their minds. Those who are devoted to Nicholls will still believe he did nothing wrong and those that are devoted to Andersen will still believe the referee was correct.

How can someone who knows there is a TV camera pointing right at you use language like was used today."

Pot and kettle?  Or are you joking?  Hans Andersen's language and violent behaviour at Reading in the World Cup Final was surely far worse than Nicholls' expletives tonight.

Exactly my point, in the heat of the moment, people say things before they really think about it, wether one comment was worse than another isn't really here or there. Although this isn't the first time i have heard Nicholls use foul language on live tv.

It's not right for anyone to use that kind of language on TV, no matter who it is or how much of it there is.

I just find it funny that many people were using Andersen's language as amuntion during the world cup, claiming that others never used it. That's all that comment was meant to be...

Andersen could've rode it differently. He's an aggressive defensive rider. He defends his lead (or second place, whatever) until it's gone which is why he's so great to watch (IMO).

Wouldn't disagree with that at all pal! :rolleyes:

hand andersen is just a cheat he has showed it over and over again the gp circuit was a much better place whilst hans was out of it sulking we wants to grow up and think about other riders cause he is going to eith hurt someone or is going to meet his match and get hurt himself the arrogant prick just wants that smug smile wiped off his face

Exactly my point, in the heat of the moment, people say things before they really think about it, wether one comment was worse than another isn't really here or there. Although this isn't the first time i have heard Nicholls use foul language on live tv.

It's not right for anyone to use that kind of language on TV, no matter who it is or how much of it there is.

I just find it funny that many people were using Andersen's language as amuntion during the world cup, claiming that others never used it. That's all that comment was meant to be...

Fair comment and point made. I just didn't see Nicholls being violent or scaring a female TV interviewer with his behaviour.

I suppose if we take your view a bit further, there would be no televised football (some may say not a bad thing), but of course that would never happen. Maybe we expect too much from the speedway fraternity and are lucky that it is only very rarely it happens. (I wonder if F1 drivers swear under their helmets, but we don't get to hear it? Could be interesting - Schumi you are a ******* - Alonso you little ***** - Jenson, what the **** are you doing in 1st place)

Edited by macca56

hand andersen is just a cheat he has showed it over and over again the gp circuit was a much better place whilst hans was out of it sulking we wants to grow up and think about other riders cause he is going to eith hurt someone or is going to meet his match and get hurt himself the arrogant prick just wants that smug smile wiped off his face

So your opinion is based solely from a neutral standpoint, and you have no liking or disliking of any riders on the "circuit"? :unsure:

Hans was well out of order tonight in the GP. He is a great rider and doesn't need to do that sort of thing. the chances are if he had let Nicholls through he would probably have overshot the bend because of his speed and Hans could have nipped up the inside. However, I am happy to see one Brit with some passion and determination.

Fair comment and point made.  I just didn't see Nicholls being violent or scaring a female TV interviewer with his behaviour.

I suppose if we take your view a bit further, there would be no televised football (some may say not a bad thing), but of course that would never happen.  Maybe we expect too much from the speedway fraternity and are lucky that it is only very rarely it happens. (I wonder if F1 drivers swear under their helmets, but we don't get to hear it?  Could be interesting - Schumi you are a ******* - Alonso you little ***** - Jenson, what the **** are you doing in 1st place)

He may have "lost his temper" as for scaring our dear female tv presenter, the whole pits is filled with testosterone, but that's a different argument.

F1, i am waiting for the moment they cut to the drivers/pits radio, and i hear something like that... So far they have had a little too much restraint :(