British Speedway Forum
bmth11

How The Hell Was Nicholls Excluded ?

I personally feel it was a 50-50 decision. It was a hard race, both riders tried their very best to get the better on each rider. And because a rider fell someone had to be excluded for it. On this occassion it was Scott Nicholls, next time it might be the other way round. It is pointless in complaining because it is not going to change anything, especially after the event.

I like both riders. And i really do like the new Scott Nicholls. He is showing more and more determination to win, as well as a positive attitude. And to be a winner you need that very recipy, exactly!

Scott is showing the same in his racing attitude and ability as of Hans Andersen.

And Hans is already on his way to becomming a winner in this sport.

All i can really say is that they are so similar that they are having a personallity clash.

However it makes the racing between the two of them extremely exciting.

And here`s looking forward to Scotties first G.P win :)

Highside,

what do you mean? nicholls took hans throwing his weight about and didnt need to drop the bike. It seems it is Andersen who cant take a bit of pushing and shoving.

btw,I've made a bit of an amendment to your post

Why the hell does everyone stick up for Andersen?last night he got what he deserved he thinks he can throw his weight about everyone else has got to take it,when someone does it to him all hell breaksout .if you give bloody take it.

I thougtht Nicholls was slightly unfortunate last night - maybe the referee should've had done with it and excluded them both. But you're right, it seems that Nicholls increasingly only has the "throwing weight" around option on track.

The correct decision was the one made by the referee, everything else is opinion. Last night Scott got one decision and lost the other, however there does seem to be something familier about last nights two incidents. Both involved Danes, both had been, or were about to be passed and both dropped their bikes! Maybe we Brits have something to learn about track craft from the World Champions?

The correct decision was the one made by the referee, everything else is opinion. Last night Scott got one decision and lost the other, however there does seem to be something familier about last nights two incidents. Both involved Danes, both had been, or were about to be passed and both dropped their bikes! Maybe we Brits have something to learn about track craft from the World Champions?

There was another similarity, both included Nicholls throwing his weight around. Personally, I think the aggregate of the two Nicholls incidents told against him when the referee came to make his second decision.

Edited by Subedei

Here we go again :blink:

That's exactly what I thought last night, the Hans/Scott thing has to stop someone is going to get seriously hurt.

Nicholls was excluded because it was his fault!

If Hans didn't have his elbow up under Scotts armpit he could of had his own racing line and not slid down Scotts leg only to disappear under the fence.

Hans will be world champion Scotty never will while he has a chip on his shoulder.

Would Hans like the chip back? So we can have our Mr Nice back.

It is good to see Nicholls with some bike speed recently (does his dad not do his engines anymore?) and with a battling attitude. All the things British sports fans should enjoy in a British sportsman. Brits are too quick to knock their sportspeople.

The Nicholls/Andersen situation has been mirrored many times over speedway's history and can only be good for the sport (rivalry = controversy = publicity) as long as it doesn't go too far and people start getting hurt. And they are both riding brilliantly at the moment and are their nations' captains. Any other sport's publicity and marketing people would be making great capital out of it now.

I admire both of them (well, I admire all speedway riders) and can't wait for the next version of 'what comes around, goes around'.

I guess Hans will be well received the next time he is at Brandon.

Well, I have now seen the race at last. I was unable to watch it last night but recorded it and saw it this morning.

Having watched it several times, I think it was a very tough decision to make. No doubt a 50-50 call. I think if I'd been the ref I would probably have excluded Andersen but I've got no real argument with the decision.

Andersen was not 100% at fault and the decision certainly doesn't make speedway "a joke".

Had a look at it this morning and looks they were just haveing a fight witch scott got the better of then hans took a dive in the box and the ref pointed to the spot .

Felt sorry for scott as hans was out with the washing when nicki took a another dive and try to get scott ex with scott in a clear second place, nicki looked a right pratt after trying to defend himself .

You got to give scott a lot of credit for someone who can't gate at this level for toffee he fights and battles for second and third places to get into this semi finals and for a rider in my eyes has not that much talent punches way about his weight by sheers guts to get where he is.

Had a look at it this morning and looks they were just haveing a fight witch scott got the better of then hans took a dive in the box and the ref pointed to the spot .

Felt sorry for scott as hans was out with the washing when nicki took a another dive and try to get scott ex with scott in a clear second place, nicki looked a right pratt after trying to defend himself .

You got to give scott a lot of credit for someone who can't gate at this level for toffee he fights and battles for second and third places to get into this semi finals and for a rider in my eyes has not that much talent punches way about his weight by sheers guts to get where he is.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Scott looked as though he was shoving all the way down the straight. Hans probably kept to the left to stay on. The referee should have got them both together and told them to cut it out. The track was too wet and dangerous for that kind of nonsense.

And Nicholls riding style and attitude is different?  Talk about biased!  :rolleyes:

I honestly think it was a 50/50 decision - bith riders were riding stupidly IMHO and it was always going to end with someone hitting the deck.  I think the ref probably should have excluded Andersen but Nicholls was hardly and innocent party in the whole thing!  :P

Lupos I`m not biased I`m expressing an opinion!

I`ve got reasons for not particulaly liking anderson but thats my problem.

Just for the record I`m not a great fan of nicholls either but he tries? It just seems that when something is said "against" Mr anderson we are biased etc.

Indeed it will, World Champion in 2007 or 2008 :unsure:  I think that you need to sound out Prozac suppliers before then ;)

why would I need to do that?

Just watch a GP and you fall asleep!!

Lupos I`m not biased I`m expressing an opinion!

I`ve got reasons for not particulaly liking anderson but thats my problem.

Just for the record I`m not a great fan of nicholls either but he tries? It just seems that when something is said "against" Mr anderson we are biased etc.

I don't particularly like either rider - I'm certainly not an Andersen fan but my point is that people see the behaviour of a foreign rider in a different way to a British rider - like it or not this is being biased. Fact is that niether rider was willing to give an inch in that race and, using your 'logic' they've probably both got 'what's coming to them'! :P