British Speedway Forum
bmth11

How The Hell Was Nicholls Excluded ?

There have been many comments to the effect that it was a 50/50 decision. Perhaps it is time to look again at the requirement to exclude someone?

Still, it's all good fun and we've got a fair few pages to go if we're going to catch the "scamming Panthers" thread.

I don't particularly like either rider - I'm certainly not an Andersen fan but my point is that people see the behaviour of a foreign rider in a different way to a British rider - like it or not this is being biased.  Fact is that niether rider was willing to give an inch in that race and, using your 'logic' they've probably both got 'what's coming to them'!  :P

Yeh I take your point.

I havnt got a problem with foreign riders,honest!!

Fact is that niether rider was willing to give an inch in that race and, using your 'logic' they've probably both got 'what's coming to them'!  :P

Which is why it has to stop now before someone gets seriously injured.

Which is why it has to stop now before someone gets seriously injured.

I agree - the animosity between Andersen and Nicholls does appear to becoming unhealthy.

I can't believe this, 10 pages and counting again over Hans v Scott :angry:

I notice no thread on the Crump v Lindbach episode, (or if there is not 10 pages).

Nothing anyone says will change the decision from last night, and I think we all ought to thank those brave riders for riding in atrocious conditions.

What seems to have started as a bit of rivalry at the Witches in 2004, has now got to the stage where if they are not careful someone will get hurt.

I'm afraid all this discussion on the TV doesn't help as they are so biased they can't see the truth(or not as the case may be) if it came and bit them on the nose.

Scott is a hothead, and at times loses his head and Hans is completely the opposite and is cool and determined, both dangerous when roused.

It does make for exciting racing, but at the end of the day safety must come first.

I do think it sad that people have to resort to name calling etc., if a decision goes against their favourite rider, not necessary and I suspect untrue to boot.

My feelings on the matter, for what it is worth, Scott had his luck in Lonigo and this time wasn't his ;)

Scott is a hothead, and at times loses his head and Hans is completely the opposite and is cool and determined, both dangerous when roused.

Cool and determined ......... ermmmmm didn't you see the coverage of the WTC?

I can't believe this, 10 pages and counting again over Hans v Scott :angry:

I notice no thread on the Crump v Lindbach episode, (or if there is not 10 pages).

Do you seriously think young Shovlar would let the Lindback-Crump clash go without a few comments? That incident is well documented within the meeting thread.

Cool and determined ......... ermmmmm didn't you see the coverage of the WTC?

Complete the sentence,....dangerous when roused :(

Don't think Nicholls deserved to be excluded for Hans falling,(and I had money on Hans tonight), but then I thought there was a clearer case for exclusion for Pedersen going down. (and strictly IMO even clearer case for Crump being excluded earlier). All I'd say is when you set a precedent all evening of excluding the rider who has gone down it was a bit strange to take the opposite view in the Nicholls/Andersen incident.

Just shows how hard it is for referee to make the right decision, as opinion seems completely polarised on all these incidents. 

At the end of the day it was probably best that AJ won, given many will consider that Hans was more than slightly fortunate to even be in the final.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think hans had decided it was to wet and he was heading for the grass (going by his thoughts on rain when racing in GB) but scott was saying no you dont. Or maybe he wanted to try scotts bike for size, cause he had his top half on it so all he had to do was throw his leg over lol :D:D

They were both as bad as each other!!

Hans with his 6ft wide elbows and trying to get on Scott's bike on the home straight and Scott for the hefty thump and taking Hans leg away into the corner.

It reminded me of the kids arguing over a toy....it was bound to end in tears.

Excluded? If they were my kids, both would have sent to their rooms with the loss of pocket money!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think hans had decided it was to wet and he was heading for the grass (going by his thoughts on rain when racing in GB) but scott was saying no you dont. Or maybe he wanted to try scotts bike for size, cause he had his top half on it so all he had to do was throw his leg over lol  :D  :D

Oh NO!! Maybe you've found the problem......... Hans wanted to get his leg over Scott!! :P:D:lol:

If Hans didn't have his elbow up under Scotts armpit he could of had his own racing line and not slid down Scotts leg only to disappear under the fence.

:D .....

Well described Shazzy. :P