British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

Well Done Andreas / Andreas Now Hurt

I spoke to AJ a few weeks ago. He wants to miss out riding in Britain in 2007 and return to Coventry in 2008.

I spoke to AJ a few weeks ago. He wants to miss out riding in Britain in 2007 and return to Coventry in 2008.

Thats nice! Talk about keeping your options open!

1. He can always change his mind nearer the time

2. What makes him so confident Coventry will want him?

He's a great rider I love watching but I'd never have him in my team if I was a manager/promoter.

Thats nice!  Talk about keeping your options open!

1. He can always change his mind nearer the time

2. What makes him so confident Coventry will want him?

He's a great rider I love watching but I'd never have him in my team if I was a manager/promoter.

Maybe he needs to wait another year in the hope that colin Pratt may retire and then he may get a place again!!!

(and before anyone takes this post as the gospel truth - I dont know anything abot Colin Pratts plans for the future, I say this in jest)

Well done Andreas Jonsson. Of the four finalists he was the only one i wanted to see win, because apart from the fact he wasn't involved in any dubious stuff ! he also totally deserved it. A happy ending to this GP :)

AJ has been just taken to hospital after an awful crash with Hampel in Wroclaw v Bydgoszcz..

Don't have any details now, will try to call to Poland later to find out anything.

:(

(and before anyone takes this post as the gospel truth - I dont know anything abot Colin Pratts plans for the future, I say this in jest)

Speedway wouldn't be the same without his smile :wink:

Really pleased to see AJ win at GP level, Its about time for a rider with the ability that Andreas has got.

If you are ever in the position to FULLY commit to a UK elite league team I would love to see you back at Coventry however untill that time - good luck in the Gps beacuae frankly we dont want you!

Mind you, you are by a VERY long way a far superior rider in class and proffesionalism to Nicholls!

Well done AJ

Andreas Jonsson - Coventry Rider / owned

TNT133 - Wolverhampton Fan

end result

Well Done AJ

One of the few Wolves fans that actually admires his racing and skill on the bike. He may not be as consistant as the top boys but sure a great racer who on his day provides great entertainment.

Said a few years ago that Hans Andersen and Andreas Jonsson would be my choice of targets for Wolverhampton but that looks highly unlikley

Well Done AJ

very nice comments TNT - after the abuse he used to get a wolves sure AJ will appreciate your comments

A huge well done to AJ on his win. He produced some magnificent overtakes, hanging off the bike out in the dirt, in difficult conditions and was a very deserved winner, reminding all us Cov fans of what we are still missing. It's took a while to gain his first win but hopefully now he's done it once, others will follow. Nice to see a rider so over the moon afterwards and getting so excited in true AJ style.

Hope he can go on to make the top 3, as I think he deserves it.

Agreed - the ability of AJ is something we all miss in the Uk and more so at brandon. he certainly was happy at the end and i for one was delighted to be there to see his first victory-

His sliding on the track at the end was brilliant shame though that he decided to give me a big hug and cover me with the wet shale though!

Would love that to be true but after speaking to AJ on several occassions he does not need to be in the UK to be a top rider. just look how relaxed and happy he is and unfortuantely the travel, meeting rainoff's etc will jsut change that so i beleive u will only see Aj in the UK for GP's or for practice before the season starts.

A well deserved win. AJ was clearly the best rider on show, and it's about time he won one. This is his true form, and lets hope we see more of it. I've been wondering if he'd be another that would never do himself justiced on the world stage. Now he's got one in the bag he might just relax, and let the riding do the talking. Congrats AJ. :approve:

Don't know if this is better news or not about the AJ/Hampel crash.

http://www.speedwayworld.tv/en/news/a6661?...14ab528cad58ff8

LUCKY ENDING TO A DRAMATIC ACCIDENT

ATLAS Wroclaw defeated Polonia Bydgoszcz 54:35 in a match that will be remembered for the frightening crash of Jaroslaw Hampel and Andreas Jonsson.

The Grand Prix riders hooked their motorbikes directly together after the start of Heat 9. Both fell did not move for some time.

"We were both very lucky," said Hampel after the match. He has only sustained some bruises. Andreas was taken to Wroclaw hospital.

"Luckily nothing is broken. Jonsson suffered shock and was complaining of neck and elbow pain.

"I was saved by the air-fence. That is the best thing that has happened to speedway in recent years," admitted Hampel, who returned to the track two heats later. "I felt pain, but did not want to finish the match so early. I wanted to ride and get the feeling that nothing was wrong," said Jarek, who won that heat.

That gives the impression that AJ also has no worse injuries than bruising. Lets hope that is correct, and that he's striaght back on the bike. It would be a cruel blow to pick up an injury so soon after the best week of his career.

All the best AJ. :)

Always good to see a new winner step forward. Gets a bit boring when it's the same old names every time. Let's hope it spurs him onto to what he is capable of achieving.

Shame that British speedway is missing someone of his calibre though - on form he's as good as anyone and more entertaining than most.

Hi Bunny,

Here's a consoling thought - just for you. I don't want you worrying and losing sleep!

The consoling[?] thought is that we do have a 50% share in Mr Crump who was born in Bristol whilst daddy Phil was racing here. Well, he probably wasn't actually circumnavigating a speedway track at the time - just the maternity unit!

Joy to you,

Ron.

I have always like AJ, his riding style is great to watch and he's a real racer. His riding with Polonia Bydgoszcz is nothing short of incredible at times and I recommend anyone to see him ride there. I love his celebration of sliding in the mud and it meant a lot to him and his team.