British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shortcrust

Czech Gp Prague 26/08/06

Congratulations to Jason Crump on his World Title ..... simply rewards his excellent season, he has been far and away the best rider out of the 16 riders.

I understand that in terms of the SGP series he has won the title in the quickest time, which is some going considering TRicks performances last year.

Which brings me to congratulating the BSI on not having Hans Andersen in from the start of the series as he should of been !!! Perhaps if he was in from the start they might of had some competition for Crumpie this season and in the last couple of SGPs be interesting to see if BSI are burnt financially in terms of attendances - or lack off.

Perhaps??

check last four rounds...Hans v Jason....perhaps.....

I have to say I thought Ryan was on his way down before there was just about the slightest of contact feom Nicki's dirt deflector. And when I say slightest I mean just that. It certianly wasn't anything enough to knock him off. This was one of the many bad calls by the ref.

Referee was a total joke - even made Ma Vardy look decent with some of those decisions.

Hope Rico isn't badly hurt - that was a nasty couple of incidents and was amazed he came out for that penultimate ride. Bjarne was well out of sorts tonight - think carrying Poole for the last couple of weeks is catching up with him. Amazing how fresh a break can make a rider..

I take it that you are referring to Antonio Lindback in your last sentence!

Personally, I am pleased to see that Antonio has recovered from his illness.

He didn't bother to actually tell us what was in the letter which was bl00dy annoying.  Apparently it says that the ref does not have to exclude a rider.  However, that dopey g!t was too busy going on about Ryan's tyre to actually tell us what the rule is.  I have always thought that once a race is stopped a rider has to be excluded.  If anyone from Sky is reading it would be nice if you could share your new found knowledge.

No. If a race is stopped it is at the discretion of the refereee. Fact is 99/100 he will exclude who he deemed as the cause of the stoppage. I have though seen incidents going into the 3rd /4th bend....One at Stoke v Hackney in 80's looked a clear case of Trevor Banks being the cause...The ref called all four back.

Must of been really nice for the Poole fans to see Lindback riding as they must of forgotten what he looks like by now.

No, not at all. We saw him winning his (only) race by a mile last Wednesday, before the meeting was unfortunately stopped.

Thought it was one of the poorer GP's this season. Lacked atmosphere and racing wasn't that good. Maybe something to do with not having Nicholls to support. As much as I don't mind Rico I can't get behind him in GP's.

Referee was dreadful. Where do they get these fat, hairy Polish refs from? They are awful. They are on a par with our awful women referees.

Nicki Pedersen does exact same thing as Crump did to Lindback and Pedersen excluded. You couldn't make it up. How he didn't stop the Rico and Zagar coming together just shows how incompetent he is. Crump should have been chucked out of the race where he came off behind Bjarne. He roared in too fast and although Bjarne lost control for a split second it was Crumps fault. No one touched him and he was the cause of the stoppage. Crump has had everything go his way this year in terms of ref decisions.

Good old Nicki reared his head again. Thank god as I thought he had gone into his shell abit this season. Certainly gave old Hans a brown pants moment when putting him in the backstraight fence. Good old Nicki.

Millard comment on the Millard thread.

All in all abit disappointing. Don't think the rain helped the track.

Well I watched this one altho my mind was not exactly on it so forgive any bloopers.

First massive congrats to Crumpy - fully deserved, the perfect role model for any young rider to aspire to. As has been said before he not only wins the GP series but he fulfils all his league engagements, never hold back coming up to a GP and always gives value for money. Oh for a few more like him.

Was I the only one that thought certain riders were playing to the cameras?Nicki seemed perfectly happy following his exclusion when they showed him in his pit, laughing etc , sees cameras and then stomps to the conveniently glass walled booth to ring his "friend" the Polish ref. Bjarne likewise seemed happy enough, then went to give salutory greetings to everyones fav referee :P I must admit tho it did cross my mind that he did it more to allow more time for the fallen rider to get his bike together for the rerun.

Loved the after race discussion between Nicki and Hans. Now a few non Danish riders could do well to watch this over a few times. A hard racing incident which could have been very nasty, followed by hand shakes and arms round shoulders, no sign of any agressive reaction. Great sportsmanship IMHO.

Millard - crap no other word for him- get rid of him. Thought some of the camera work was a bit dodgy couldn't keep up with the racing. Great to see Ales Dryml so fit and well considering all that's happened. As for Sullivans tyre - so what? It was made of rubber wasn't it? I really cannot get excited over minor technical changes to engines, tyres etc. Seems to me when the racing is boring, and sometimes when it's not, Sky try to make it interesting by discussing set ups etc. Am I the only fan that doesn't giving a flying fart what the timing is, how long the frame is and if they go up or down a tooth? I want to see good racing not discuss the finer points of tyre pressures etc :mad: Put em all on standard machinery I say, let's see what Ermolenko and co find to talk about then :wink:

Finally it was great to see some of the younger riders in the final.

Edited by Star Lady

A hard racing incident which could have been very nasty, followed by hand shakes and arms round shoulders, no sign of any agressive reaction. Great sportsmanship IMHO.

Only cos it WAS a racing incident and they are both danes probably, no aggro there in the first place :lol:

Millard - crap no other word for him- get rid of him.

Poor old bloke, I've only watched from heat 18, dunno which heat it was but he thought it was Hancock in front saying he'd got the position he needed when all the time it was Andersen, oops. Is it a possibility that nobody wants or has time to take on his role full time hence they overlook his booboos and stick with him?

Hugely disappointed for Mr Adams, how unlucky can you get!!!!!

Edited by Trees

Tony Steele was at a forum in Oxford a few years ago and said that you did not have to exclude a rider,wether it is different in FIM meetings is another thing.

Is there anymore news on Lee Richardson?

I'm surprised that the referee is getting such a bashing, because it was an incident pached GP and he called just about all the decisions right.

His big blunder was not to bring the race back after Lee Richardson had the spokes taken out of his wheel.

Otherwise:

Heat 4 - Greg excluded for tapes, correct

Heat 6 - Nicki excluded for tapes, correct

Heat 7 - Richardson excluded for falling, correct

Heat 10 - Nicki excluded for bringing down Sullivan, correct

Heat 11 - Bjarne Pedersen excluded for causing Crump to fall, correct

Heat 13 - Sullivan excluded for two minutes, correct - the riders know the GP rules regarding two minutes, Sullivan was there a second too late. Very harsh, but those are the rules. Notice how Sullivan wasn't blaming the ref, but his mechanics. So he knows what the rules are.

Heat 17 - Bjarne Pedersen excluded for two minutes, correct - see above.

Heat 19 - Adrian Rymel excluded after locking up bang in front of Jonsson, causing Jonsson to run into him and Rymel to fall, correct

One bad decision during the whole night. I think the ref wasn't bad at all.

All the best

Rob

Perhaps??

check last four rounds...Hans v Jason....perhaps.....

Absolutely no pressure on Hans to perform though this year, he had nothing to lose! It'll be more of a test when the pressure is on next year. Looking forward to it though!

;)

Is there anymore news on Lee Richardson?

[/quot

Havent heard how he is ,but apparently Davey Watt is guesting in his place tomorrow.

Get well soon Lee. :cry:

Thanks Shirls