British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJT

2007 Line Up - Any Thoughts

Yes, and you also said: 'No F1 team that I can think of has ever had two drivers of the same Nationality' and we've already proved that that was wrong......

But then you're the person who asked "Are there any other sports that nominate its world finalists?" and when proved wrong still continued to argue. Can you really not see that F1 drivers are nominated by the team mangers? Plus the teams you mentioned having two drivers from the same Nations were from year when I was 7, 9 and 11, not exactly a time I was too bother about who drive for which F1 team, tho I do conceed I was wrong with my semantics. It's certianly true these days however that teams avoiding signing two drivers form the same Nation on commercial grounds.

i wondered if it could count for Hans now? beacuse hes officially replaced Tony R, so why shouldnt his points count? I understand when he was just the wild card that they couldnt count..... but now isnt he officially a GP rider?

And he qualified anyway...!

From the official FIM "Individual Speedway

World Championship Grand Prix Regulations"

FIM Grand Prix Regulations

The total Grand Prix points scored by each rider having taken part in the

Individual Speedway World Championship Grand Prix Series during the season

shall be shown on the Final Overall Grand Prix Classification of that year.

The current year's Final Overall Grand Prix Classification, after removing the

Wild Card riders, the Qualified Reserve riders, the Track Reserve riders and any

substitute riders who have participated in the year's Championship, as they are

not taken into consideration (my emphasis), shall determine the riders' qualifications for the next

year's Championship as follows :

The top 8 riders of the Final Overall Grand Prix Classification of that year

shall be directly qualified for the following year’s Grand Prix Series.

• The top 3 riders from the FIM Speedway Grand Prix qualification

system shall be directly qualified for the following year’s Grand Prix

Series.

• To make up the 16 riders for the following year's Speedway Grand Prix

Championship, the remaining 4 riders, plus 1 Wild Card rider, will be

decided by the Speedway Grand Prix Promoter and the SGP Commission.

If you thought Iversen was poor in the GP series, christ knows how bad either Stead or Harris would be, both of these riders have been pretty useless when they have been wildcards, at least Iversen managed a couple of decent Wild Card performances before he was put in the series full time.

I like Stead but he was really in the main quite awful at this years GP while the only memory I have of Harris in a GP is flipping it on the straight a few years back!

Although very unpatriotic give the place to Karlsson, a genuine world class rider, not a couple of Brits on the basis that they had decent World Cups, as riding amongst a team and individually I'd imagine are a completely different kettle of fish! :rolleyes:

Lets hope not, the one track Pony that's useless everywhere else's presence is mostly pointless.

Made the final in Krsko and Eskilstuna this season - that's as many finals as Leigh Adams has made and more than Nicholls.

Jagus will last a year in the GP's Chrzanowski II.  I bet after a month they wish thay hadn''t held a final so PK would be in rather than him.

I agree that's probably what BSI are thinking right now - Jagus' victory has spoiled their chances of bringing in Kolodziej. But, PK? PK has hardly set the GPs alight when he's been in them. I see no reason for that to change. And Jagus would still have qualified without yesterday's meeting finale - Holta would've missed out, not Jagus.

Lindback I can't see keeping his place and if he has the right mentaility he'll do an Andersen.

Lindback will be safe - he's the type of rider BSI want around.

Richardson, Iversen & Pepe are toast already.

Agreed, but with Iversen enjoying the protection of Olsen and Richardson seeming to have more GP lives than a cat, nothing would surprise me.

Out with Gollob, also, pointless these days outside Poland.

Made GP finals in Slovenia and Sweden so far this season. And he's likely to qualify on merit. Anyway, BSI won't want to lose such a charismatic figure from the circus.

If you thought Iversen was poor in the GP series, christ knows how bad either Stead or Harris would be, both of these riders have been pretty useless when they have been wildcards, at least Iversen managed a couple of decent Wild Card performances before he was put in the series full time.

Harris was a wild card in 2002, when he was with Peterborough and Trelawny! I don't think you can compare that with Iversens wild card last year.

Edited by Joester

Thats harsh on Bomber he have never been a wildcard.. he got a very later call up about 4 years ago at Cardiff and went ok considering his experience.. Harris constantly outscores Stead internationally...

It was quite a cut-throat meeting yesterday and after scoring 14 points in the main meeting, I believe PK has morally earned a place in the 2007 GP.

What is a worry is that the new New Pretenders have made little impact on the Old Guard yet again. We would like new blood in the GP series, but these riders need to be competitive. Would either of Stead or Harris be truly competitive at this level?

Call me old fashioned but I would like the series to consist of riders there on merit - I think that the nomination of wildcards sucks.

Without going over the old ground of GP's v. World Final and the imperfections of the qualification system for a world final, at least every rider in the world final had to qualify via a number of meetings.

I think that the top 8 should qualify for the next year's GP series and all the rest should qualify on the race track and not smoke filled rooms.

Edited by Cheekee Raylee Monkee

Without going over the old ground of GP's v. World Final and the imperfections of the qualification system for a world final, at least every rider in the world final had to qualify via a number of meetings.

Not, strictly speaking, true. The world final's home nation, whether that be Britain, Poland, Germany, wherever, always had a seeded spot available should none of their riders qualify.

Harris was a wild card in 2002, when he was with Peterborough and Trelawny! I don't think you can compare that with Iversens wild card last year.

Chris only had the phone call to go to Cardiff on the Friday morning after Hans Anderson had picked up an injury at in a match against Pererborough the night before. Hardly great preparation for a GP debut.

Some mentioned Jagus will be Chranowski Mark II. I don't think this will be the case. Chranowski at the time of qualifying was a Liga 1 rider in Poland for his club Gdansk and he was not in the top 20 of averages in Poland. However, Jagus despite the foreign imports in Poland this season has remained there and came second in the Polish Final. Secondly, he is a good rider for his Swedish.

Jagus has been a good rider in Poland and Sweden. He's just never hit the shores of Britain. He is probably on the same standard as Ulamek and Walasek, he should be a touch better than these two on the international tracks. Expect him to struggle at Cardiff and Copenhague however.

The choice is as someone mentioned Harris, Stead or Karlsson?

Regardless of Harris or Stead being out of their depth wouldnt it be nice to see a Brit be able to develop on the World stage. Lets not forget the sponsorship they would get through being on the world stage, something which has beena a probelm for Harris has been is lack of decent equipment. He has also kept his own in the failing Rynbik side in Poland.

Some mentioned Jagus will be Chranowski Mark II. I don't think this will be the case. ...................

He is probably on the same standard as Ulamek and Walasek,

Think the second sentence says it all.What did/would those 2 do?Thing is there are very few riders not in the series that would do well.He qualified through the system so no complaints,but to think he will do well.Can't see much chance of that :unsure:

Think the second sentence says it all.What did/would those 2 do?Thing is there are very few riders not in the series that would do well.He qualified through the system so no complaints,but to think he will do well.Can't see much chance of that :unsure:

I don't think Jagus would be great at GP level but he would be on the pace.

Not, strictly speaking, true. The world final's home nation, whether that be Britain, Poland, Germany, wherever, always had a seeded spot available should none of their riders qualify.

That's not strictly true either. Not always.

Think the Wild cards nationality will be determined by the final 8 placings .... however if :

Crump

Hancock

N Pedersen

A Jonsson

L Adams

S Nicholls

B Pedersen

Gollob

Make the top 8 this season - with the 3 qualifiers of

Jagus

Holta

H Andersen

The wildcards are likely to be :

Hampel - Polish good sponsorship with Red Bull who the BSI must be continually pitching. Poland has 2 SGP's and biggest fanbase.

Lindback - Most of the PR around the SGP's have been based on the boy from brazil etc etc. With him being black and offering excellent marketing opportunities and the next generation of Swedish rider and possibly AJ the only Swede in the top 8 - Nailed on for a Wildcard.

Zagar - Has mixed it in a number of the SGP's and on his 1st season deserves another shot at the series.

It is looking beyond these 3 then the equation gets difficult .....

BSI like British representation with Cardiff the jewel in the crown will they ensure a 2nd Brit. Harris did his chances no harm with 5th place in the qualifier BUT does he have the appeal of Loram ?????

PK missed out in the final had a good season generally but has failed at SGP level will they offer him a go at the SGP's again or look at a younger option like Lindgren.

Off the other riders in the SGP series Richardson has blown his chances and has continually failed to deliver. Will have to earn his place back in the series by qualifying next year. PROTASIEWICZ like Richardson has had plenty of opportunities and blown it ...

Niels Kristian Iversen may get a place he is young exciting and featured in the Danish SWC team and the BSI marketing