British Speedway Forum

compton tangled with havvy who cut across, anyway he ended up on floor in a mess, was badish crash and not what he wanted having come back too soon in my eyes. :unsure:

it was more, compton made a great start but then lifted which slowed him well down, Lyons and Havvy moved across, Compton's front wheel landed and im not sure if it was the collision which sent him tumbling or it was lyons footpeg getting in front wheel which caused it, it was an accident and a bad one but hopefully Andre will be fine.

Edited by Who's Winnin

Get better soon Andre :( nasty looking crash and looked in a lot of pain down on the track.... really hope you make a speedy recovery....had such a great season too!

One of the best moves of the night overtaking zorro on the 3rd bend!

Well done zorro....deserved win....class act on the night... and well done Jason Lyons.... he looked pretty good too!

At last.....in a final.... the result stood at how they finished in the qualifiers!

compton tangled with havvy who cut across, anyway he ended up on floor in a mess, was badish crash and not what he wanted having come back too soon in my eyes. :unsure:

you watching the same race? Lyons cut across him ,Havvy was leading by a couple of bike lengths when it happened. Looked a very nasty tumble though and hope heis not too badly hurt.

Zorro was by far and away the best rider on the night, absolutely awesome. Havvy did well enough, always on the pace but couldnt seem to gate. Heat 11 was fantastic by him though.

Well done Zorro!

Some great racing tonight , Heat 10 with Compton and Zetterstrom was just AWSOME !!! , the speed those guys were going at was just unreal and to be so close together for so long was making me wince lol , Heat 11 with Havy from third to first on the 3rd and 4th bends was incredible , but for me personally the shock of the night was Tai Woffinden beating Josef Franc in heat 13 , he looks like he will be very good in the future , what a pass I must say

Edited by Van Helsing

Just got back and van helsing - great racing youre having a laugh . Time this was moved from sheffield cause tonight was a joke . If you werent off gates 1 or 2 youd be as well standing up in the bar with me and the mildenhall lot . Casing point - Topinka ht4 in yellow and a bad last - next 4 races 11 points . 22 races tonight 15 of them won by either red or blue . Our danny touching the tapes in the semi-final - he was nowhere bloody near them , but since he was in yellow he had no chance anyway so it probably didnt make any difference .

Best rider won tonight all the same cause zorro was in a class of his own- the only blip was a great race with compton , but andre was in red . Hope thats not his season over by the way .

But i think that will be the last PLRC for me unless they move it somewhere else cause that was just pants tonight . Only saving grace for me was meeting up with the fen tigers barmy army again - see you guys in a fortnight at dodge city for the fours . :P

Is there any news on Andre?

Congrats to zorro who is just about the best and most consistent rider in the league anyway,he has his odd poor tracks but dont they all,well done.

Just got back and van helsing - great racing youre having a laugh . Time this was moved from sheffield cause tonight was a joke . If you werent off gates 1 or 2 youd be as well standing up in the bar with me and the mildenhall lot . Casing point - Topinka ht4 in yellow and a bad last - next 4 races 11 points . 22 races tonight 15 of them won by either red or blue . Our danny touching the tapes in the semi-final - he was nowhere bloody near them , but since he was in yellow he had no chance anyway so it probably didnt make any difference .

Best rider won tonight all the same cause zorro was in a class of his own- the only blip was a great race with compton , but andre was in red . Hope thats not his season over by the way .

But i think that will be the last PLRC for me unless they move it somewhere else cause that was just pants tonight . Only saving grace for me was meeting up with the fen tigers barmy army again - see you guys in a fortnight at dodge city for the fours .  :P

Each track has it's own plus and minus points and is there for riders to race on. To say Owlerton doesn't give a stage for good racers to race on makes little sense. I've seen plenty of tracks and am struggling to think of many that would give a much better chance of exciting racing - and be prepared to stage this meeting.

Look down any meetings with a similar standard of rider and gate 1 is nearly always best and 4 worst. It's about the standard of the riders not the track. The shortest line (gate 1) or best racing line (3) to the first corner gives riders an advantage. Staged on any PL track this would be a meeting where the top riders are good enough and fast enough to gate and hold their own with very few able to get past. By the way gate 3 outscored 2.

The racing wasn't fantastic but there was some good stuff in places and the track had dirt and space for riders to give it a go. Where would you suggest holding it that would generate as big a crowd and better racing? I'd prefer all 'final' meetings to be on neutral tracks but it is unlikely to happen because attendance would be lower. It's a serious question by the way, I'm not doing the biased Sheffield fan thing saying Owlerton is the best race track ever. I watched the PLRC at Coventry and that was a joke - what I could see of it through the dust.

As for the meeting the best 3 riders on the night finished in that order on the rostrum which was great to see. Zetterstrom was outstanding and on that form would have had as much of a chance even if Andre had been in it. Shame about Andre though - and the rest of our season. Hopefully he's not too badly hurt and it was good to make it a more neutral meeting. Also satisifying to see 3 of the PL top 4, in my opinion, in the final - just needed Parker instead of Topinka and we'd have had the 4 best riders in the league in there.

I Always want to support my own club but I am fed up with home teams and riders winning everything. Neutral tracks make sense for entertainment and the best teams/riders winning, as we got last night, but it's down to money as always.

Well done to Magnus, hopefully he's not quite as good for Somerset in the KOC semi although I suspect it won't matter without Andre in the side now. Also just to mention the highlights of the night with Tai Woffinden beating Franc and the performance from Chris Neath who really gave it a go. Not sure if I'd be happy or ****ed off as a Rye fan that he can score more in that sort of company than in a league meeting?!?

Edited by Shoddy

Completely agree Shoddy. I do believe that the same 4 riders would probably have been in the final irrespective of where it was held. For those who bought a programme, Nigel Pearson got it about right in his article. Its all down to money. I also remember going to Belle Vue for the PLRC and quite honestly that meeting was awful

But i think that will be the last PLRC for me unless they move it somewhere else cause that was just pants tonight . Only saving grace for me was meeting up with the fen tigers barmy army again - see you guys in a fortnight at dodge city for the fours . :P

[/quote

Notice the SOME great racing paulco , I didnt say that it was all great racing

Just got back and van helsing - great racing youre having a laugh . Time this was moved from sheffield cause tonight was a joke . If you werent off gates 1 or 2 youd be as well standing up in the bar with me and the mildenhall lot .

I knew I heard one of them say something about Paulco, thought it was just me lol.

Not a bad meeting really, agree about gates but that could have been the same at any track. Zorro - 100% deserved the win. Great on the night, in fact no, awesome on the night, and at last the guy deserving it, with the highest average I think(?)wins it and does a good job doing so.

Hope Andre's ok, was a nasty crash but nobody at fault, just one of those things and I hope even if it isn't this season he makes a full recovery.

Edited by tigerblues

I knew I heard one of them say something about Paulco, thought it was just me lol.

You should have come over and said hello :)

Your not always going to get a lot of passing because you have the best of the best their not going to let each other through just for sake of it are they, they are there to win and stay in front.

When they were a good race last night it was really good and got some class moves including the Zorro versus Compton, could it have got any closer than that.

The top boys have good bikes so the guys behind really have to fight to get past and we got quite a bit of that last night.

Edited by Who's Winnin

he has his odd poor tracks but dont they all,well done.

And Sheffield is usually one of them ruckerroo! It just shows what can be done with some PMA*. So all credit to Magnus, it always pleases me when the best rider during the meeting itself wins, that's how it should be.

I thought the racing was dire as well, except for that one with Zorro and Andre. But I think it's more because of the larger quantity of the top, top riders who are together at once, which you don't get in your usual meeting. Grands Prix are a bit like that as well.

*PMA - positive mental attitude

Edited by Tigerblade