British Speedway Forum

Havent seen this posted here yet (From BSPA site)

Any early tips?

LINE-UP - IN RIDING ORDER: George Stancl (Newcastle), Chris Holder (IOW), Kevin Doolan (King's Lynn), Carl Wilkinson (Newport), Chris Neath (Rye House), Michal Makovsky (Berwick), Jason Lyons (Mildenhall), Theo Pijper (Edinburgh), Mark Lemon (Stoke), Garry Stead (Workington), Shane Parker (Glasgow), Andre Compton (Sheffield), Tomas Topinka (King's Lynn), Gary Havelock (Redcar), Magnus Zetterstrom (Somerset), Danny Bird (Glasgow).

Mmmmm pick a winner out of that lot :rolleyes:

Just a pity that Boxall isn't the Rocket's representative :unsure:

Compton vs Havelock its as simple as that!!!

Maybe depends on Andre's confidence on the day. At his best no one will beat Andre, not even Havvy, who will provide the main challenge, but in the year he wwon it I believe he felland scraped through by the play off also last year he fell and came nowhere. Parker will also be a main threat. Outside bet Lemon. Topinka, Bird, Doolan,Stead outside bets for podium place

and a real outside bet for a top 3 finish Holder, think this could be Birds year!

It's a good field right enough. Maybe it's just the cynic in me but I wonder how many of them will make it to the starting line. :blink:

It's a good field right enough. Maybe it's just the cynic in me but I wonder how many of them will make it to the starting line.  :blink:

this is the PLRC, not the ELRC ... a lot more chance of the riders listed actually turning up.

Andre will win it if fully fit. Only other two that will come close are Havvy and Chris Holder.

Mark Lemon will possibly scrape the last place in the final.

Parker will do nothing, except moan that is and Danny hasn't been the same around Sheffield since his days riding for the Islanders.

I am disappointed for James Wright, he is easily the best Worky rider, but Garry gets in as he is slightly ahead on the averages.

Barring mechanical gremlins Steady is a better rider around Owlerton and the best hope for any Workington supporter

my pick for the final.....in no order {just a feeling from looking at the list}

COMPTON*/**

ZETTERSTROM

BIRD

TOPINKA

*if compton is fit/**if not havvy

After the controversial final a few years back, I hope Compton does naff all. Can't stand the guy, I feel towards him in speedway how I felt towards Roy Keane in football.

I'd like to see Parker win it, a rider I've always admired.

After the controversial final a few years back, I hope Compton does naff all. Can't stand the guy, I feel towards him in speedway how I felt towards Roy Keane in football.

dont follow at all the replays clearly showed what happened, may the best man on the day win whether i like him or not

I am disappointed for James Wright, he is easily the best Worky rider, but Garry gets in as he is slightly ahead on the averages.

have to disagree with that.

Steady's been at 1 or 5 all season, whereas Wright was able to 'hide' in the easier 3 or 4 berth for the first 12 meetings...

besides, if Steady's "slightly ahead on the averages" then surely he is a deserving representative, seeing as that's the criteria set for qualification? :unsure::wink: