British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Pride Of The East - Kings Lynn

We will need some kind of home track advantage aganist Rye. Lynn are the top scorers at home with Rye 2nd. Whilst away Lynn have scored more points than anyone else, while Rye are 7th in that particular table.. So even when the track was ok at Lynn. Rye still had a massive home advantage over the Stars

Gutted for TT, just hope Mr Simpson can work his miracles and have TT back on his bike real soon.  I know getting a guest is no probs but it's TT I feel for the most here.

Can just picture the Rye House Mafia rubbing their hands with glee at this news. :rolleyes:

Still it was bound to happen at some stage imo, pity the POTE had to be run before the important stuff.   Perhaps light will dawn on our promotion at some point as to what takes priority in the future.

S-Star, Will ignore the middle comment, as I know how you feel - after Robbo being injured in October last year!

However, I am surprised this individual was not scheduled at the end of your season, and as you say - an injury was unfortunately bound to happen at some stage. Speedway can be cruel at times. :(

Best wishes to TT - he's a class act.

Edited by Rob S.

Damn Rob, you get there first

That was a pretty comment really SS. Take the blinkers off and realise that beyond the rivalry, yes that's all that is, the Rye fans will fully sympathise with KL. Rye lost their number 1 man but now have him back so they know how gutted the KL fans will be at this important time.

You should know what riders are like anyways. TT will most likely make one of them important matches. Riders just don't know when to stay down.

I absolutely sincerely hope that the management do their level best by the team re the track, every team needs their home track advantage/knowledge ........... communication between the team and track man is VITAL now Huggy has gone :blink: Such a bleeding shame this has all had to happen this season, at this point in the season, our best ever, damned bull skulled males!!!!

So what did Bart Simpson do to upset Huggy so much?????

a few pictures from this meeting around the pits HERE

S-Star, Will ignore the middle comment, as I know how you feel - after Robbo being injured in October last year!

You have every right to ignore Rob, you have always been fair with your comments. My comment was directed at the minority, and they know who they are. I do read the Rye House Fan board from time to time and my comment is nothing compared to what fans from other teams get branded.

Damn Rob, you get there first

That was a pretty comment really SS. Take the blinkers off and realise that beyond the rivalry, yes that's all that is, the Rye fans will fully sympathise with KL. Rye lost their number 1 man but now have him back so they know how gutted the KL fans will be at this important time.

You should know what riders are like anyways. TT will most likely make one of them important matches. Riders just don't know when to stay down.

My blinkers are well and truly off thanks B4E, is that all it is, rivalry? Yes with most fans, but unfortunately the minority as I stated above do seem to have a pure hatred of all things King's Lynn. Sad really isn't it? :rolleyes:

I thought last nights meeting provided some very good racing...but i do have to say i was a little anxious everytime that Chris Holder was out on the track especially against our boys but he is a class act and i am glad that he will be our guest for TT at Somerset...it is such a shame that Tomas has picked up an injury at this very crucial stage of the season and i wish him the very best in recovering from it and hopefully he will be back with us next wednesday :)

..Also a deserved Well Done to Davey Watt on winning the POTE a rider i fully enjoy watching when he comes to the NA and also well done to Batchelor and Nermark for finishing 2nd and 3rd and to the rest of the KL lads :D

Not at all then preferably. :P

Well I for one am glad that it was staged! Probably the best Lynn meeting I have seen this year with some great racing, and contrary to what greenman says I thought there were plenty of racing lines. Ok it was slick by Lynn standards but there was still enough dirt round the outside to offer a quick line. The race between Troy and Noddy was tremendous stuff :approve:

Great shame about Tom but it could have happened anywhere at any time. Luckily we can use anyone bar Zorro, Havvy and Parker as a guest although it obviously hampers our chances for the Fours and Pairs (will still be there to support them though!) :)

As for the track I now feel more comfortable about facing teams at the NA when its a bit slicker as they all looked quick last night, expect perhaps for JO who I think needs grip to ride at his best :rolleyes:

I thought this was quite a good meeting all things considered. Davey Watt was a deserved winner on the night. Daniel Nermark and Troy Batchelor put up some stiff opposition. Hard luck on Tom, hopefully it will prove not too bad a blow. All riders appeared to give it a go and kept the interest up. It was a pleasure to see Paul Lee back, he will make a good capture for some-one next season.

Not at all then preferably. :P

Well now he's had a taster of the KL fence, hopefully it'll calm him down a tad. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should ask Dan the Man for lessons in passing on the outside cleanly.  :D 

I sense a dislike 4 young holder, why is this SS??

Don't think there's a dislike there EVMJ, but rather he was a TAD wild/scary. Sure I wasn't the only one that needed a change of underwear.. ;)

Pretty much agree with most of what has been said about the meeting last night. Certainly better than some of the team meetings this season.

With regards to Holder, yes he's a bit wild at times but he is one of the most naturally gifted riders I have seen and given a couple of years more experience, I'm sure some of that wildness will disappear.

Just wish Holder and Batchelor were British because they are head and shoulders above 90% of the British riders in our Under 21 final this season.

Have to admit I share the concerns over the track. Just think it's daft to change a winning formula especially at this point of the season. IMO if the riders want the track with more dirt down (and from what I've heard they do) then the management should oblige, after all it's the team that go out and do the business :)

Well I seem to be in the minority but he just frightens the hell out of me every time he takes to the track. He can count himself very lucky that he too isn't injured right now after last night's tumble. He was an accident waiting to happen imo and extremely lucky to walk away. :rolleyes:

I don't dislike the bloke as I don't know him, I dislike his erratic riding style, yes he's quick and yes I can understand why some find him exciting to watch, just not my cup of tea thanks. :D

if the riders want the track with more dirt down (and from what I've heard they do)

it's not just about having more dirt down as there was quite a bit there last night, the problem is the moisture in the track.

last night there was ample dirt but after a few races that had dispersed leaving a hard dry track that obviously becomes slick.

normally, the track is starting to have water on it a couple of days before the meeting letting it keep soaking in, therefore giving a nice spongy track which in turn produces the extra grip.

the dirt thats on the track on race night is then able to bind with the spongyness making it stay good for the duration.

i think

Can just picture the Rye House Mafia rubbing their hands with glee at this news. :rolleyes:

just shows you don't really know the Rye fans doesn't it? - we've seen quite enough injuries to our own riders this year to start 'rubbing our hands in glee' when ANY rider gets injured - I was at NA last night and TT was extremely lucky that hand injury was the only one he suffered - get well soon TT in time for our semi final matches as I enjoy watching a quality rider whoever he rides for (and I think you'll find that applies to most Rye fans that I know) - I think the picture you have of Rye fans rubbing their hands with glee is way off the mark