British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scarletrider

Should He-shouldn't He?

First let me say, I'm a big fan of Gary Havelock!  But the question must be asked, should Gary have been in the pits with Scott Nicholls in Poland the night before a big meeting like the PLRC.  Is it the right way to prepare for such an important meeting?  Or is the PLRC "no big deal" anymore.  I'd be interested in what other speedway fans think!

Why not some people relaxby going to the pub some by staying home with the family Gary decided to go and help Scott, what happend on the day happened and it wasn't to be his day, one of those things.

ah so it seems the rumours were true about Nicholls, not the best way to prepare for the meeting.

I had heard the rumours before hand and did not want to believe them however his face looked puffy when interviewed. Very disappointing....

Which were? :unsure:

I hope these aren't going to be connected with Sophie Blake again. :wink:

First let me say, I'm a big fan of Gary Havelock!  But the question must be asked, should Gary have been in the pits with Scott Nicholls in Poland the night before a big meeting like the PLRC.  Is it the right way to prepare for such an important meeting?  Or is the PLRC "no big deal" anymore.  I'd be interested in what other speedway fans think!

Actually, I have the 2000 British GP on video and it says on there ' The night before Martin Dugard won the GP, he actually skipped the pratice session just to watch Brent Collyer in a meeting'. :wink:

Havvy is past it, cant even see why Scotty wants him in the pit.

Witchnut

That really is an unfair comment WN, I've never really been a fan of Havvy but I wouldn't mind having him in the Brit team again, I watched him at Arena recently and I wondered what the hell he's doing in PL in the first place! A lot of people seem to think that once you hit a certain age you are past it, well Mr Havelock certainly proved that night he wasn't. So WN you comments really are unjustified Scott obviously appreciates his help/advice or he wouldn't have him there which in my eyes makes him an assett rather than a "past it" :wink:

my freind went to support the brits and at 5am they was crawling back to there rooms :P no wonder we never win any thing. proberly the best lager in the world :P

Which were?  :unsure:

I hope these aren't going to be connected with Sophie Blake again.  :wink:

The rumour above is about Scott, Gemini.

Rumour?!

More like the truth...! :shock:

At least Havvy wasnt riding on the Saturday so would probably have recovered well enough for the Sunday meeting.  :)

Probably the best quote from the thread ................. seems we are back to Mr Havelock again rather than what Scott was up to before during and after a GP :wink:

So going by what F4E says above Havvy wasn't riding the next day so therefore he probably had sobered up before his meeting so basically he was sensible enough so the answer to the title question should he / shouldn't he is................. he's a big boy now he can make his own decisions in life :approve:

Who'd be a speedway rider huh :rolleyes:

Alan ham foots the bill for gary to be at the g.p and dont think he is best pleased hows its gone.

Maybe time to put his money into another rider :unsure: one that can bring results for him.

Maybe time to put his money into another rider  :unsure:  one that can bring results for him.

Sound advice there. At the minute, he's just throwing good money after bad.

Maybe time to put his money into another rider  :unsure:  one that can bring results for him.

I think Allan Ham is now sponsoring Josh Auty too. Maybe he is looking at backing a team of younger GB riders aswell.

Not really fair classing all the brits were rolling in at whatever time. Although Lee hasnt had a great season, he was still gone from the Savoy around midnight ish and wasnt actually drinking.

Scott was very disappointing in Big Josh - and although it was some 18 hours before the start of the meeting, it still is very frustrating to travel all that way to support a professional sportsman and then see him wasted "on the actual day".

It was a great trip, but we all knew on the morning of the GP that there was no chance of him winning - but hey thats life i guess - was still a great meeting :)

Maybe he should have someone like Andrzej Huszcza in his corner. Here's a guy just a few months away from being 50 and he's won his first couple of rides in the Poznan versus Krosno meeting today. And I don't think he's got retirement on his mind - he broke the Poznan track record earlier in the season.

I doubt Huszcza, supposedly a fitness fanatic, was out getting "wasted" last night.