British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Rule concerning dead heats in GP's

What is the rule in the Grand Prix, if there is a dead heat for 2nd and 3rd in an eliminator? Which rider carries on?

It's decided on the following criteria

1 Is one of them Danish?

2 Is he in the top 10?

3 Is he one of Skys favourites?

4 Is he a character and good for TV?

5 Does Ole like him?

First rider to get 3 yeses goes thro :evil: ;-) :D

Now I will hand over to the serious lot cos I don't really have a clue :D

A dead heat in a GP....

Is that like a warm day in Cardiff? :P

Seriously, this is an interesting point and if anyone can clarify the ruling I'm sure it would of interest to everyone.

.... anyone wearing an anorak , that is :clown ....

I honestly don't think any referee would be brave enough to award a dead heat-I think he'd be expected to call it one way or the other and therefore it would come down to the individuals thoughts and feelings on the matter.

You're not suggesting personal preferences could come into play are you Lioness? :shock:

Peter has some very stylish anoraks ...

Now I think Star Lady has probably got it right.

Another suggestion is that they probably haven't even thought about that possibility and may well make it up as they go along... probably along similar lines as already oulined by Star Lady.

Also there is a possiblity that something is written down - I would guess that the instructions concur with the points provided by Star Lady stated in the first response to this question.

Of course to be fair and equitable it is necessary to examine the possiblity that there may not any bias demonstrated in the decisions made in relation to the event of a second and third rider crossing the finish line at the end of a fourth circuit of a Speedway track in an eliminator round at exactly the same time - well according to the fairies at the bottom of my garden that is ...

Notwithstanding.

I think the ultimate question would be:-

What would be the referee's decision if all four riders crossed the finish line (after the fourth circuit of said Speedway Track) in the Final race of the GP Simultaneously ?

Now that is a question, the answer to which I am sure would be of interest to everyone.

Now that is a question, the answer to which I am sure would be of interest to everyone.

Well, everyone wearing an anorak anyway :clown

think the answer is that whoever has the higher riding number goes through

i.e if TR had a dead heat with Crump, it would go to TR as he is #1

sure someone will correct me... one of these anoraks you are talking about perhaps...

sure someone will correct me... one of these anoraks you are talking about perhaps...

Interesting concept .....an anorak with brains :P

What would be the referee's decision if all four riders crossed the finish line (after the fourth circuit of said Speedway Track) in the Final race of the GP?

Isn't that what we pay good money for, to see four riders start and finish a race 8) :lol: :-o :):D

What would be the referee's decision if all four riders crossed the finish line (after the fourth circuit of said Speedway Track) in the Final race of the GP?

Isn't that what we pay good money for, to see four riders start and finish a race 8) :lol: :-o :):D

Another suggestion is that they probably haven't even thought about that possibility and may well make it up as they go along

Personally, I'd say you're right. I don't think there is a rule in place to say which rider goes through, but it would be interesting to know what the rule is, if there is one!

think the answer is that whoever has the higher riding number goes through

i.e if TR had a dead heat with Crump, it would go to TR as he is #1

Don't you mean whoever has the lower number goes through? ;) That's what I was thinking it would go by as well. It would be interesting if there was a dead heat in the semi-final at the Millennium Stadium between Scott Nicholls and Tomasz Gollob. Gollob has the lower number, but, would a British referee eliminate Nicholls in front of 30,000+ British fans?! It wouldn't surprise me if he thought of an alternative way that would eliminate Gollob!