British Speedway Forum

Its just appeared on easy-tiger that the ashfield classic has been put back to october 29th .

It is because it would be in competition with newcastle v redcar , the craven shield final and the fen finale . So putting it back for a week would enable the strongest field possible to compete .

Guest thetiger2799

Probably the best thing, Shane had withdrawn due to his groin injury, and I think everyone would like to see him in it.........Also this allows last years winner to defend his trophy, along with Grieves.......and Hopefully Havvy

Just to add that because the clocks go back next weekend the meeting will start at 3PM .

and it looks like it will suffer again cos of Mildenhalls event after it got called off today and they are restaging it next Sunday apparently.

being further north very definitely has its disadvantages when these meetings are offered.

its been a glorious day up here today as well, beautiful blue skies, I was out walking the dog along the canal this morning in just jeans and t-shirt. Would have been superb for speedway.

Ah well, thems the breaks as they say

Any news of Sunday's line-up yet? Or any news of when we will get news? I imagine it's probably difficult getting a decent line-up arranged with so many riders finished for the season and other meetings on Sunday too.

Any news of Sunday's line-up yet?  Or any news of when we will get news?  I imagine it's probably difficult getting a decent line-up arranged with so many riders finished for the season and other meetings on Sunday too.

There was supposed to be a press release yesterday ( wednesday) , but there wasn't . The silence is deafening - got a feeling that the name of the event i.e ashfield " classic " is looking a bit optomistic . :blink:

I think maybe my post has come across wrongly grid-girls as you appear to be referring to it. Just to clarify even if Mildenhall were running I don't b;ame them - was just trying to make the point that the options of riders would be diluted and geographically more probably think it easier to travel to Mildenhall than Glasgow.

No ones fault - just an observation :)

hope that clears it up, I sometimes dont word things very well!

Ashfield Classic postponed again due to rider shortages

...and to think some punters wanted Edinburgh to wait til October to run the Scottish Open :rolleyes:

...and to think some punters wanted Edinburgh to wait til October to run the Scottish Open :rolleyes:

Fair comment .

Yip I hold my hands up to that one (although splitting hairs I did actually say until after the PL cut off but it was almost the same anyhow!0

Looks like Im coming up from Boston for this meeting tomorrow :D

Leaving at 6.00am!! :( thank gawd the clocks go back tonight & I get an extra hour in bed :P .

Look out for someone wearing a Boston jacket & Cap, that'll be me :approve:

Looks like Im coming up from Boston for this meeting tomorrow  :D

Leaving at 6.00am!!  :(  thank gawd the clocks go back tonight & I get an extra hour in bed  :P .

Look out for someone wearing a Boston jacket & Cap, that'll be me  :approve:

Ben I'd love to say 'hi' - I'll probably be on the 2nd bend and you still have my number from live updates.

Have a safe trip up :)