British Speedway Forum
cwf

Russian League

Hmm... Mafia? Petro-roubles? BIIIG money? Top equipment? Do you know what you are talking about? It's ridiculous!

Abramovich doesn't know anything about speedway. Chelsea is just a way to show his wealth, he would never invest those money in speedway.

Our country is really huge and rich for talents, and I hope, that Russian teams will be very attractive for the riders from all over the world soon.

For example, Yohnsson (I don't know how to spell exactly) phoned "Vostok" team manager several times and offered to ride for our team. He has already ridden for "Vostok" last year and as I understand he is interested in further collaboration.

So be afraid of us! We are coming!!! :mad::lol::D;)

Any pics on the stadium in Togliatti?

How far from Moscow are Togliatti?

Does Russian Speedway have website in english.

thanks

What are the dates of the Russian League season?

If a load of top riders decided to ply their trade over there in a new League

which other European League(s) would suffer most.?

Personally, looking forward to the possibility of a Russian GP!

If a load of top riders decided to ply their trade over there in a new League

which other European League(s) would suffer most.?

An interesting question.The Russian league doesn't really have a fixed day,like Poland,Sweden and Denmark.If they are hoping to get top foreign stars on a regular basis and not just one or two meetings here and there i guess they have to have a fixed day.Thursday maybe?Can't really see Sweden or Poland suffering,so it will be Denmark and Britain,i guess :unsure:

An interesting question.The Russian league doesn't really have a fixed day,like Poland,Sweden and Denmark.If they are hoping to get top foreign stars on a regular basis and not just one or two meetings here and there i guess they have to have a fixed day.Thursday maybe?Can't really see Sweden or Poland suffering,so it will be Denmark and Britain,i guess  :unsure:

Russia no fixed day. In Russian league, four strong clubs, capable constantly to take the good racer. Two clubs capable to take the average racer. One club not capable nobody is not required.

there is alot of money involved in russian speedway,rumours£ 4000 for a top rider just to turn  up

Do Not know. But racers speak the Russia of the league pay , approximately as Polishe. in Britains little.

QUOTE(tarabanko @ Nov 24 2006, 12:03 PM)

How far from Moscow are Togliatti?

1000 kilometers on orient

Not quite as far as Rovno and Vostock then ;)

1000 kilometers on orient

Damn!! >That is quite a distance. Russia is enormous big, Sweden is just a little country if you compare with Russia.

I hope the russians get on with their league and more russian young boys come through.

Damn!! >That is quite a distance. Russia is enormous big, Sweden is just a little country if you compare with Russia.

There is command "VOSTOK (translated as orient). From city Vladivostok. She is discovered in 10000километрах from Moscow. Near by Japan.

There is command "VOSTOK (translated as orient). From city Vladivostok. She is discovered in 10000километрах from Moscow. Near by Japan.

Yeah...and it's interesting that Vostok are the team that AJ has raced for, and is being talked about for 2007 when travelling to the UK was allegedly an issue for him :blink:

Yeah...and it's interesting that Vostok are the team that AJ has raced for, and is being talked about for 2007 when travelling to the UK was allegedly an issue for him :blink:

Perhaps he likes the Trans-Siberian railway?

Perhaps he likes the Trans-Siberian railway?

LMAO.....I'm not convinced that this mode of transport would get him to and from his destination in a timely fashion to allow him to continue to compete in the Swedish and Polish leagues :D

LMAO.....I'm not convinced that this mode of transport would get him to and from his destination in a timely fashion to allow him to continue to compete in the Swedish and Polish leagues  :D

The Train impossible. The Train Moscow-Vladivostok goes 7 day, and Vladivostok-Moscow back 7 day. Possible 4000 dollars for arrival Andreasа Jonssonа. Paid Orient in 2005 year Edited by Niklos