British Speedway Forum

Just heard Derek Brockweir say that Sunday is going to be dry and sunny, so anything that Derek says is fine by me!

Edward Kennett is unable to take his place in the line up due to him being on holiday. And if there is an uncertainty about the weather than a postponement/cancellation will be announced on the Saturday.

Just heard Derek Brockweir say that Sunday is going to be dry and sunny, so anything that Derek says is fine by me!

Edward Kennett is unable to take his place in the line up due to him being on holiday.  And if there is an uncertainty about the weather than a postponement/cancellation will be announced on the Saturday.

Tanya, will anybody on here who is not in Wales have any idea who Derek is, our animated TV weatherman? :lol::lol:

Pity about young Edward, can we have young Lewis instead please Tim?

ps. I think his surname is Brockway :wink:

Edited by philcrumpisgod

Brockway, Brockweir whatever his name is he's the Charlotte Church of the weathermen in Wales :D

so has Lubos Tomicek. any ideas who are the replacements?

Aw no, does that mean we don't get to see the future world champion/greatest rider ever/most overhyped rider in speedway?

No news as yet on replacements for the meeting, the official site is not updated with the names as yet and the local paper isn't running a rider list - maybe tomorrow.

The weather is really good for the weekend with it being dry Saturday, Sunday and Monday, couldn't be better really.

Three changes to last weeks line up.

Lubos Tomicek is unable to get back over and is being replaced by Glenn Cunningham.

Eddie Kennet is on holiday and Shaun Tacey is his replacement.

Finally Sam Simota is a last minute cancellation. Although his ticket was booked he was unlucky enough to get some metal fragments in his eye while in the workshop. The metal has been removed and there is no long term problem with his eye but he doesn't want to risk it quite so soon. He has accepted a place in the Welsh Open so that should be something to look forward to. Replacing Sam is Ricky Ashworth who should do very well.

Three changes to last weeks line up.

Lubos Tomicek is unable to get back over and is being replaced by Glenn Cunningham.

Eddie Kennet is on holiday and Shaun Tacey is his replacement.

Finally Sam Simota is a last minute cancellation. Although his ticket was booked he was unlucky enough to get some metal fragments in his eye while in the workshop. The metal has been removed and there is no long term problem with his eye but he doesn't want to risk it quite so soon. He has accepted a place in the Welsh Open so that should be something to look forward to. Replacing Sam is Ricky Ashworth who should do very well.

Will save myself some work on the scorecard.Just put noughts next to Tacey`s rides. :D:D

Hope this isnt a sign of things to come :angry:

Is Tim Stone taking the piss? Glenn Cunningham and Shaun Tacey? I'd prefer to watch a couple of 3 pointer than that pair! The 3 pointers would actually put in a bit of effort too, something Tacey and Cunningham have rarely managed to do at Newport.

Is Tim Stone taking the piss?  Glenn Cunningham and Shaun Tacey?  I'd prefer to watch a couple of 3 pointer than that pair!  The 3 pointers would actually put in a bit of effort too, something Tacey and Cunningham have rarely managed to do at Newport.

I hope GC proves you wrong SCB as judging by the article in the Speedway Star he has got a point to prove!

I hope he proves me wrong too, I don't want to pay to see a meeting she where make very little effort.

I can't work out why he is willing to ride on such a dangerous track anyway :rolleyes::D Quite funny how he now needs Newport after the slagging eh gave us back in 2001. Ahhhh, quite funny actually.