British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Philip Addison

Slovenian GP Result

Well done Scotty :):D;) 8)

Guest BritPeter

I cannot believe no one has mentioned Mark Loram, he was a true hero tonight, coming back from such a bad injury after a mere 3 months is fantastic, and even though he hit the ground yet again, he still gave 100%.

Mark Is absolutely unique!

wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo go Scotty !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlucky Grumpy :oops: I mean Crumpy, next time check your own fuel someone knobbled ya m8 :cry:

I don't think this is his first time he ran out of fuel.

didn't see the GP as at Rye House... what happened...did Rickardsson not get his inside gate for the semi??

Tomasz Bajerski, who should be offered a place in the Elite League,

He has been.

Believe me, tonight was a horrendous night. I have to say I feared the worse and 80 odd people at our BBQ including the wife of Lukas' mecahnic (who mothers Lukas when he is here) were extremely worried.

Thank god the news appears to be good, this GP meant nothing to me, please sort out the safety in our sport. First Lol and now such a horrendous crash involving Lukas, something HAS to be done !!

Hey there's a name from the past (remember him Shazzy?) What's Tim doing now - did he go back to toolmaking?

After the first eight heats or so, I thought 'this is the most boring GP ever'. The early races were well strung out, but thankfully, it got better as the meeting went on.

Lukas was very lucky his injuries weren't worse. It's about time they got rid of the air fence on the straights before someone is seriously injured. I'm sure they took the air fence away on the straights for the remainder of the World Cup in Poland, after Sam Ermolenko got dragged into it, but they still had them on the bends. If BSI insist that there must be an airfence on the straights, they should have kickboards, so that you don't get sucked into it.

From a Belle Vue point of view, it was a shame Crumpy never made the final. He would have done, had his fuel tank be filled properly. I'm not suggesting anything deliberate here, but isn't it a co-incidence that Nicki Pedersen was in the race, who is a great friend of Jacob Olsen, son of Race Director Ole Olsen.

Guest BritPeter

That I believe is a conspiracy theory too far!

From a Belle Vue point of view, it was a shame Crumpy never made the final. He would have done, had his fuel tank be filled properly. I'm not suggesting anything deliberate here, but isn't it a co-incidence that Nicki Pedersen was in the race, who is a great friend of Jacob Olsen, son of Race Director Ole Olsen.

:x Does it never stop :?:

I also think Jason deserved to be in the final, but what is the Jacob/Ole comment about :?:

Great to hear Lucas will be allright, it looked horrible. Get well soon Lucas.

Firstly, can I say that I'm so glad that Lukas is relatively ok after one of the worst crashes I've ever seen!!!

But now onto my moan!!! How many times have we had threads on here saying how 'all clubs should have air fences'? I have always questioned this and have often been ignored or shot down in flames for suggesting they were actually dangerous in certain circumstances! I have said time and time again that I can see the reasoning behind airfences on the bends - where usually the bike has lost some momentum before it actually hits the fence - but on the straights, air fences just ADD to the problems. The incident with Lukas is just the latest in a string of crashes caused soley by the damn air fence dragging a rider in and catapulting him down the track after the bike stops dead!!! It is a good idea to use something to INCREASE rider safety, but to introduce something that CAUSES accidents is nothing short of criminal!!!

The problem is that riders have grown up on tracks where either the fence itself or the kick board causes you to bounce off and carry on your way. If we are to continue to have passing and close racing, the riders have to feel that they can do this in safety. Having the damn air fence on the straight, and witnessing crashes like last night, will surely cause riders to think twice about trying an outside line. Sam said, after his crash TWO YEARS ago that something should be done about the air fence on the straights - but here we are two years later and another rider could have been very seriously injured - AT LEAST - becuase of exactly the same situation!

This needs sorting out NOW - before we're all sitting here lamenting the death of another of our 'family'!!! :x :x :x

1 Pedersen,Nicki 20 8 25 16 20 /89

2 Rickardsson,Tony 25 13 18 20 13 /89

3 Adams,Leigh 11 18 13 11 25 /78

4 Crump,Jason 11 5 20 25 11 /72

5 Hancock,Greg 8 16 16 18 11 /69

6 Dryml,Lukas 18 20 8 7 5 /58

7 Gollob,Tomasz 16 8 3 13 16 /56

8 Holta,Rune 13 11 11 13 8 /56

9 Sullivan,Ryan 6 25 7 8 8 /54

10 Nicholls,Scott 6 2 13 11 18 /50 :)

11 Bajerski,Tomasz 4 11 7 6 13 /41

12 Protaswiecz,Piotr 13 6 8 6 2 /35

13 Max,Mikeal 7 13 5 1 3 /29

14 Jonsson,Andreas - 2 11 7 7 /27

15 Karlsson,Peter 1 3 6 4 6 /20

16 Lyons,Jason 1 6 2 8 3 /20

17 Pedersen,Bjarne 2 7 4 5 - /18

18 Cegielski,Krzysztof 8 7 - - - - /15

19 Wiltshire,Todd 2 5 5 2 1 /15

20 Brhel,Bohumil 5 3 1 5 - /14

21 Pedersen,Ronnie - 4 6 3 - /13

22 Loram,Mark 5 - - - 7 /12

23 Richarson,Lee 7 1 4 - - /12

24 Howe,David - - 2 - 6 /8

25 Andersen,Hans 3 4 - - - /7

26 Povazhny,Roman - - - 2 4 /6

27 Zagar,Matej - - - - 5 /5

28 Ulamek,Sebastian 4 - - - - /4

29 Gjedde,Charlie - - - 4 - /4

30 Santej,Izak - - - - 4 /4

31 Kurmanski,Rafal 3 - - - - /3

32 Dados,Robert - - - 3 - /3

33 Stead,Simon - - 3 -

- /3

34 Tihanyi,Sandor - - - -

2 /2

35 Zetterstrom,Magnus - 1 - - - /1

36 Harris,Chris - - 1 - - /1

37 Jensen,Jesper - - - 1 - /1

38 Stojs,Denis - - - - 1 /1

Guest cheetahhawk
Firstly, can I say that I'm so glad that Lukas is relatively ok after one of the worst crashes I've ever seen!!!

But now onto my moan!!! How many times have we had threads on here saying how 'all clubs should have air fences'? I have always questioned this and have often been ignored or shot down in flames for suggesting they were actually dangerous in certain circumstances! I have said time and time again that I can see the reasoning behind airfences on the bends - where usually the bike has lost some momentum before it actually hits the fence - but on the straights, air fences just ADD to the problems. The incident with Lukas is just the latest in a string of crashes caused soley by the damn air fence dragging a rider in and catapulting him down the track after the bike stops dead!!! It is a good idea to use something to INCREASE rider safety, but to introduce something that CAUSES accidents is nothing short of criminal!!!

The problem is that riders have grown up on tracks where either the fence itself or the kick board causes you to bounce off and carry on your way. If we are to continue to have passing and close racing, the riders have to feel that they can do this in safety. Having the damn air fence on the straight, and witnessing crashes like last night, will surely cause riders to think twice about trying an outside line. Sam said, after his crash TWO YEARS ago that something should be done about the air fence on the straights - but here we are two years later and another rider could have been very seriously injured - AT LEAST - becuase of exactly the same situation!

This needs sorting out NOW - before we're all sitting here lamenting the death of another of our 'family'!!! :x :x :x

Hear Hear Lupus.Also didn't Paul Hurry get "sucked " into the airfence,same year as Sam :?: I think air fences on the straights are too dangerous and should be got rid of before something terrible happens. Lukas's crash was bad enough but it could have been avoided if that was an ordinary fence.

Does it never stop

Hanne, you took the words right out of my mouth! And I'm totally lost with the 'Nicki donating a tooth' comment. The attitude of some people on here is just ridiculous and immature.