British Speedway Forum

It is supposed to be a bit of fun and something for people to go to and enjoy.

But speedway/sport is meant to be about fun, so according to you, so what if people cheat/we don't get fair results.

BTW, If Morris really did have his wheel over the carpet, he and another rider could have fitted over the blue line and referee should have excluded him or it defeats the object of having a meeting. You may as wlel just have a load of guys arsing about. I went for a speedway meeting (on ice), not to see anarchy where you could ride into another rider if allw as going fwrong for you and get put back in the re-run.

David Howe alwaso got away with riding into someone (Steffan Katt maybe?!) and was put back in the race, that was bad enough but when we're talking Broadhurst, Morris and Collins, we're talking the 3 guys who are likely to win the meeting, the referee should have seen then the winner of the meeting was going to be effected by his uselessness.

Really, I paid £30 to see a fair speedway meeting and didn't see one!

My first visit, was in two minds about going, but really enjoyed it, was good to see something abit different.

I was suprised with a few of the all four backs, but the ref was consistent and to be fair with so many riders sliding all over the place you could probably have excluded someone for doing something wrong in almost every race.

On a promotional side it wasn't the best thing I have ever seen - struggled to hear the announcements and it did feel abit rushed, but the riders made it with their antics - particularly during the quad races and some good showmanship - wheelies and doughnuts (very impressive - Hargreaves I think?) after race wins.

All in all, worth the visit and for novelty value the price - programmes a bit steep though £4.

Will probably go again next year.

I see  Les Collins did not do too badly still think there is a place in the PL for this guy what a role models for the youngsters .The guy just wants to ride and IMO his age is not an issue but to many others it is !!!!!!!!!!!

Hear Hear Totally agree

Only went to the afternoon meeting which i usually do.

i agree it was quite lack lustre with 3 or 4 good heats.

but come on whingers - its SPEEDWAY ON ICE!!

its NEVER gonna be proper racing and it should only be fun.

I thank all the riders for trying and having a go.

On the plus side it was great to see david lHowe look the star performer in the afternoon, i think i jinxed him when i told he should do ok on the evening!

sorry David :)

lol

the crashes were pretty spectacular tho and im glad all got up and walked away.

i think the main problem with telford now tho is that riders have a better understanding of how the elements work and so theres a lot of the `fun` element lost.

i remember in the earlier days you were amazed that they ever completed a race never mind get thru the meeting.

if thats what people call fun then i personally dont.

but its good to see that it levels up all abilities tho, thats the interesting part to me.

ill be at telford 08 - no whining from me - its a fun day BEFORE the start of the season.

Go or dont go!!! :rolleyes::approve:

ill be at telford 08 - no whining from me - its a fun day BEFORE the start of the season.

Go or dont go!!! :rolleyes:  :approve:

If David Howe was in Phil Morris' position you'd be saying different :rolleyes:

How many wheels did they have over the line?

Could the referee see the line clearly?

been to telford three times and its the day out that does it for me, the racing is never any good it consists of riders making mistakes. the buzz is going with friends to the event and having a good day out, the racing is awful.

does it matter, its not the GP is it?

I was only wondering because if only the front wheel was over the line, that is within the rules: If the referee could not see the line clearly how could he exclude anybody.

It does not matter to me at all but then I was not there and other people have different expectations.

Obviously you do not think the racing at Sheffield is import, after all it is not GP racing is it?

Best wishes,

Judy

Edited by The Little Un

no what i was saying was that it wasnt meant to be deadly serious with loads of money riding on the outcome, it has always been a fun day out, why spoil the fun by excluding riders and having three rider racers.

apart from the play offs last year most of the matches didnt matter as we were always going to qualify for the play offs, this year will be different because there are only four teams in the play offs.

no what i was saying was that it wasnt meant to be deadly serious with loads of money riding on the outcome, it has always been a fun day out, why spoil the fun by excluding riders and having three rider racers.

Ok, so why was the race where Tom Brown fell not stopped a re-run? It meant that heat of the pairs was over and they had no chance. Surely on ice, a little leniency should be allowed on the 1st bend? It should if it's allowed on the 1st bend of lap 2!!! Broadhurst fal oln his own in a heat that really means something, he's re-instated, Tom Brown falls in a race that that mean just as much (it a knock out format) and he lets the race carry on.

It's quite obvious, the referee is a racist ;)

why spoil the fun by excluding riders and having three rider racers.

Because it's still a speedway meeting. You can't ride dangerously, take someone out to get a rerun and expect to be in the re-run in 'real speedway' why should you be allowed to in this?

Yes it's a bit of fun but Phil Morris wanted to win that meeting yesterday and there were people who wanted him to win it. He was effectively robbed of the title. yes it's a bit of fun, but if the riders are going to take it seriously, why don't the people who make the decisions? :blink:

Edited by Silver Bee

Would the outcome be any better if they moved the event from Telford to say maybe the NIA in Brum or Gmex in Man.