British Speedway Forum
womble53

Fryers Testimonial Meeting (change Of Date)

If they add Tony Atkin to that lot, I would seriously have to reconsider what I was doing that day. :D Might see ya there SCB. :D

:blink::blink:

I'd still go. I have no problem with Tony Atkin in individual meetings, or a meeting where I'm a neutral :P;) As he's a Newport rider I'd support him there :)

I just hope the EL rider are all of a similar stanrd and we Paul doesn't end up with a lop-sided field as at the moment, all the Pl riders riding look quite even and can all beat each other on their day. Even Glenn (if he's on gate 1) :o

I'd still go.  I have no problem with Tony Atkin in individual meetings, or a meeting where I'm a neutral :P;)  As he's a Newport rider I'd support him there :)

I just hope the EL rider are all of a similar stanrd and we Paul doesn't end up with a lop-sided field as at the moment, all the Pl riders riding look quite even and can all beat each other on their day.  Even Glenn (if he's on gate 1) :o

GC likes the outside line (the only line he can ride at the OTA

GC likes the outside line (the only line he can ride  at the OTA

I hope he does miss the gate so we can see his customary blasts around the boards.

The way things stand at the moment it might be the only chance we get this season to see them.

Paul Fry Testimonial Meeting Press Release

Saturday 24th February

World Champion to ride at Paul’s ‘Fry-Up.’

Paul Fry is delighted to announce that 2000 World Speedway Champion, Mark Loram is now a confirmed starter at his Testimonial meeting on Friday 23rd March at Somerset’s Oak Tree Arena.

“It is fantastic news that Mark is able to ride at my meeting” Said Fry at the announcement. “Mark and I rode together at Exeter in 1995 and 1996 and became good friends during those two seasons.” “I know Mark has an extremely busy racing schedule, so I am extremely grateful that he has found the time to fit this meeting into that schedule.” “This will be the first time Mark has ridden at the Oak Tree Arena, and I know he is really looking forward to the experience!”

As well as lifting speedway’s ultimate prize, Loram is a three times British Champion, the last of these coming in 2001. After a couple of season blighted by injuries, Loram was back to his best in 2006 riding for Ipswich, for whom he will be riding for again in 2007.

In addition to Loram’s involvement in the meeting, Fry has also confirmed that both Neil Collins and Brent Werner will be part of the starting line up, which brings the total confirmed starters to date to nine, with more names due over the next couple of weeks.

“Mark’s inclusion is just the first of what I hope will be a number of Elite League riders that will confirm their availability for the meeting,” explained Fry, “Not only will they be stars of the Elite League, but there might well be a couple more Grand Prix stars amongst those names!”

Anyone is interested in sponsoring riders or any of the heats for what promises to be a great night of racing, then please contact Paul (07980 275 965) for further details.

Official Press Release by Ian Belcher

Paul Fry Testimonial Meeting

07816 107 751.

Fantastic News about Mark :) Always wanted to see him ride at the Oak Tree! After the disapointment to with Readies farewell last season and Mark not being able to ride... great news :)

Think there may be more than a few Exeter fans heading up the M5 that night. :P

You included? :rolleyes:

On 2nd thoughts.... think I'm busy that night :D  :lol:

:D

Poor Nevs. You can always stand with me Nevs if nobody else wants you.

Paul Fry Testimonial Meeting Press Release

Saturday 3rd March

Three more named for Paul’s ‘Fry-Up.’

Three more riders have confirmed their availability to ride at Paul Fry’s Testimonial meeting on Friday 23rd March at Somerset’s Oak Tree Arena.

All three of the riders are ex-team mates of Paul’s, the first of these being Swindon’s Danish International, Charlie Gjedde. After spending last season with Reading, Gjedde finds himself back with Swindon for the 2007 season, for whom he rode during 2002-2005, with Fryer being his team mate for two of those seasons.

“I rode alongside Charlie at Swindon for the two season in the Premier League prior to the Robins moving up into the Elite League in 2004 when Charlie stayed on at Blunsdon whereas I moved on to Somerset.” Explained Fryer. “He was a great guy to have in the team, and I’m really pleased that he is able to be part of my meeting.”

Gjedde is an ex Danish under 21 Champion and had an excellent record at the Oak Tree Arena on his visits there with Swindon, and will be a considered a top contender for at least a podium place come the end of the meeting.

For the next rider it is a welcome return to the Oak Tree Arena for Somerset asset Jamie Smith, who will be plying his trade with Mildenhall this year. Now fully recovered from his much publicized accident at King’s Lynn in the early part of last season, Smith will be out to prove not doubt that Somerset’s loss will be the Fen-Tiger’s gain as far as the 2007 season will be concerned.

Joining Gjedde and Smith in the line up will be Somerset favourite Simon Walker, for whom 2007 could be a defining season.

After spending his Premier League career to date riding in one of the two reserve positions, Walker finds himself lining up for the Somerset ‘Sharp’ Rebels in 2007 in the main body of the team, possibly in the number two race jacket.

“I really feel Simon has got what it takes to make the move from reserve into the top five, and he will not be fazed by it” said Fry, “I’ve a lot of time for Simon and he was one of the first riders I pencilled in when compiling the list of potential starters.”

With the announcement of Gjedde, Smith and Walker to the line up, this brings the number of confirmed riders to date to twelve, the four remaining riders to be named next week to complete the line up.

Following the meeting itself, Paul will be holding an auction of race jackets and other memorabilia, so fans are advised to bring some extra cash along with them to bid for some rare and unique items that could be going under the hammer.

:D

Poor Nevs.  You can always stand with me Nevs if nobody else wants you.

Your coming aswell? :unsure:

Im deffinetly busy that night :D:lol:

(im joking btw :lol: )

Your coming aswell? :unsure:

Im deffinetly busy that night <smilies removed>

(im joking btw :lol: )

I'll be there, I like Fryer and I also try to get to testimonials of anyone who has rode for Newport. I even went to Glenns :o Plus Wato will be there and I can't wait to see Mark Loram, the man who can ride any line race around Somerset, the track where you can use any line :D

I take it you'll be busy buying me and Nevs our drinks form the bar all night?! B)

I take it you'll be busy buying me and Nevs our drinks form the bar all night?!  B)

Don't think Naj's pocket money will stretch to that :P:D

Mark Loram, the man who can ride any line race around Somerset, the track where you can use any line :D

I take it you'll be busy buying me and Nevs our drinks form the bar all night?!  B)

Pyshic are you SCB? :D Hes never ridden at the OTA before!

Lemonade if I'm buying then! :D

And KayJay.... sssssh :D