British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Wayne Carter Farewell Meet - Scunthorpe Sun 1 Apr

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter...WayneKable

Updater...SCB

Line up (from scunthorpespeedway.com)

Garry Stead 3 X 3 3 1 = 10 +3 1st

Ben Wilson 2 1 3 1 2 = 9 +1

Lee Complin 1 0 0 X 3 = 4

Daniel Nermark 0 N 1 2 3 = 6

Jack Hargreaves 1 3 0 1 0 = 5

Derek Sneddon 0 2 EF 3 0 = 5

Simon Lambert 3 1 3 0 3 = 10 +2 2nd

Ronnie Correy 2 N 2 3 0 = 7

Richie Dennis 0 2 0 1 EF = 3

Chris Kerr 1 3 2 0 3 = 9 +2 4th

Paul Cooper 3 0 2 0 1 = 6

Byron Bekker 2 1 2 2 1 = 8

Robbie Kessler 3 1 1 2 2 = 9 +3 3rd

Josh Auty 2 0 3 1 2 = 8

Peter Carr 0 3 1 2 2 = 8

Andrew Tully 1 3 1 3 1 = 9 + 0

Joe Haines 2 = 2

Scott Richardson 2 = 2

Heat Results

Heat 1: Stead, Wilson, Complin, Nermark 60.02

Heat 2: Lambert, Correy, Hargreaves, Sneddon 63.17

Heat 3: Cooper, Bekker, Kerr, Dennis 64.35

Heat 4: Kessler, Auty, Tully, Carr(10m), 62.50

Heat 5: Hargreaves(10), Dennis, Kessler(20), Stead(20,EX) 62.28

Heat 6: Kerr(10), Sneddon, Wilson(15), Auty(15) 60.78

Heat 7: Carr, Haines, Lambert(20), Cooper(20) 59.92

Heat 8: Tully(10), Richardson, Bekker(15), Complin(10) 59.7

Heat 9: Stead, Cooper, Tully(20), Sneddon (15, EF) 62.84

Heat 10: Wilson(10), Bekker (10), Carr(20), Hargreaves(20) 61.47

Heat 11: Auty, Correy, Nermark, Dennis(15) 61.09

Heat 12: Lambert(10), Kerr(20), Kessler(10), Complin 61.36

Heat 13: Stead(20), Bekker(15), Auty(20), Lambert(20) 62.15

Heat 14: Correy(15), Kessler(10), Wilson(20), Cooper(15) 62.0

Heat 15: Tully(10), Nermark(10), Hargreaves, Kerr(15)

Heat 16: Sneddon, Carr, Dennis (10), Complin(FX) 60.10

Heat 17: Kerr, Carr(15), Stead(20), Correy(20) 60.72

Heat 18: Lambert, Wilson(10), Tully(20), Dennis(10, EF) 59.96

Heat 19: Nermark(15), Kessler(15),Bekker(15), Sneddon(20) 60.16

Heat 20: Complin, Auty(10), Cooper, Hargreaves 60.40

Run-off for 3rd: Kessler, Kerr, Wilson, Tully(FX) 60.60

Run-off for 1st: Stead, Lambert 60.28

Comments:

Weather looks beautiful but the wind brings you back to reality.

Heat 4 : Carr touches tapes, 10 metre handicap.

heat 5 : Here comes the fun, riders are now going to be handicapped based on the result of their last heat. Stead crashed into Kessler.

Heat 7 : Joe Haines replaced Nermark

Heat 8 : Scott Richardson replaces Correy

Heta 9 : Sneddon EF bend 4, lap 1 when last.

Heat 16 : Complin fell bend 1 lap 3, excluded from re-run

Heat 19 : All 4 back. Unsatisfactory start

Run-off for 3rd : Tully FX, chain come off. Re-run, 3 riders only

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on behalf of Wayne and the committee.

We all hope you had a great day and thanks to the Edinburgh fans for their great support, the fans that travelled up from Wolverhampton and we even met some fans who had made the journey from the Isle of Wight.

We hope you all liked the emu racing I know for definite the riders enjoyed it well done Gary Flint and thanks to the other riders for joining in the fun.

Wayne very much appreciates your years of support

Well done to Lynn, JL, Joanna, Heather and Angela and everyone else involved, i know you all had a very busy day!

Was a good day with a very good turnout for Wayne, emu racing was a good laugh and the day went very well.

Wasnt a fan of the handicap racing but maybe thats just me!

All the best Mr C, you will be missed round Scunny!!

Well done to Lynn, JL, Joanna, Heather and Angela and everyone else involved, i know you all had a very busy day!

Was a good day with a very good turnout for Wayne, emu racing was a good laugh and the day went very well.

Wasnt a fan of the handicap racing but maybe thats just me!

All the best Mr C, you will be missed round Scunny!!

I was confused over the handicap thing too but once I got into it I suddenly realised I'd never get the flaming hang of it anyway so resigned myself to freeze to death and enjoy the festivities and yes the emu racing was great fun to watch.

Best race by far for us was heat 19.

Was great meeting up with pammie again and Fd who finally realised who I was and paid me the biggest compliment of my life.

Cheers Fd and if age is anything to go by then by the time I'm 70 I'll prolly only look 15...lol :wink:

It was great to see a good turn out for such a great guy! Seeing Sam and Wayne riding together brought many a tear to the Wolves fans eyes! :cry:

It was good too to meet up with Pat and Alan (Wayne's mum and dad) who I haven't seen for 10 years or more! :D

I'm glad the sun shined (even if it was bloody cold!) and the meeting committee did a stirling job. :approve: We were probably the only ones in the stadium who understood the handicap thing as we have the Olympique at Monmore every year. :lol:

Good luck to Wayne for the future and thanks for the memories (and the hugs!) you gave me over the years - you are, and always will be, a TRUE Wolf! hug.gif

Edited by lupus

Well done to Wayne and his committee, for put on an excellent show that I think everybody enjoyed, young junior come away even more happy as his bid for Lee Complin's race bib was accepted at the auction, and it now sits proudly on his bedroom world with Lee's and Wayne's signature on it (Lee was his first ever favourite rider).

Would like to wish Wayne all the best and hope that he still comes down to Sheffield on Thursday.

How is the handicapping hard to understand! If it confusses you just accept someone is starting further back, it#s not like it effects the points.

I'm glad the sun shined (even if it was bloody cold!) and the meeting committee did a stirling job. :approve: We were probably the only ones in the stadium who understood the handicap thing as we have the Olympique at Monmore every year.  :lol:

Oh **** it was cold! Interesting meeting though with youngsters Lambert, Tully and Auty mixing it with the top riders throughout the meeting. Oh, and Joe Haines looked good as well in his only appearence!

I definitely liked the trip to Scunthorpe, shame about the arctic wind, but hey, you can't have it all.

B)

Oh **** it was cold! Interesting meeting though with youngsters Lambert, Tully and Auty mixing it with the top riders throughout the meeting. Oh, and Joe Haines looked good as well in his only appearence!

I definitely liked the trip to Scunthorpe, shame about the arctic wind, but hey, you can't have it all.

B)

I like the trip too! Great to have a programme-filler with Me:) Great too see Andre Compton Up and Go. More then great to see Uncle Sam on a jap;) and Joshua Auty was worth the entries.

Well done to Wayne and his committee, for put on an excellent show that I think everybody enjoyed, young junior come away even more happy as his bid for Lee  Complin's race bib was accepted at the auction, and it now sits proudly on his bedroom world with Lee's and Wayne's signature on it (Lee was his first ever favourite rider).

Would like to wish Wayne all the best and hope that he still comes down to Sheffield on Thursday.

saw his face before and after his bid was accepted, happiest person in the stadium

Nice to see such a good turnout yesterday for Waynes meeting, I had chance to catch up with old friends, and meet new one's. It was also great to see the supporters that had travelled all the way from Sweden, hope they all enjoyed the meeting and they had a safe journey back home. What can you say about the coach that came down from Edinburgh they were great, all dressed up in their kilts, they all looked to be having such a good time.

Edited by MOTO-X-MADNESS

I was confused over the handicap thing too
I was a bit busy and didn't watch all the racing. But it did seem to be a bit bonkers when you had all four on handicaps. Wouldn't it have been sensible to move them all forward so that there was at least one rider at the gate?

Fd finally realised who I was and paid me the biggest compliment of my life.
For the record, I was lined up for my first race of the day (sidecars) and this woman kept waving in my direction. Honestly, I was looking over my shoulder to see who she was waving at (they always go for the younger guys). When I'd eliminated every other possible I assumed she'd mistaken me for someone else so I went over. She took off her sun glasses and I still didn't get it. Then she spoke and the dulcet tones gave her away. If we'd been in the street I'd have walked right past you Krissie, you're looking terrific. Aging in reverse suits you.

Phew! The run off for 3rd eh! Kerr Wilson n Kessler. be hard to find a better advert for speedway than that race! :blink:

Cracking meeting Sunday, great day out, well done Wayne and all the best mate

Great send of for a legend !!! Must be one of the best testimonial events I've been to in years.

Does anyone know when the DVD will be available to buy?

(Might be a good idea to get a batch up to Edinburgh :) )