British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Good advertising for the Super7even. Already looked at my diary for them all. Will be glad not to have to stand in a queue for the 4 I can go to. Was a bit worried about Somerset when neutral tracks were mentioned but its there now, can see alot of GP fans going to that one. Looking forward to the first one at King's Lynn. Not been there since 1999.

When the British final was at its peak it was staged at Coventry

...on a Wednesday :o

ELRC at Sheffield on a Thursday? What a total crock of cr*p on two counts.

One. Sheffield have shown scant regard for considering moving up into the elite league for years. Their promotion are backward thinking and would rather be kings of their own back yard than take the step up their fans demand. To give them such an event panders to promotions who lack any drive.

Two. A Thursday? Might be OK for the Sheffield fans, but who else is going to travel in mid week? Terrible decision. Next they will be announcing that Compton and Ashworth will be riding in it!

point 1 i dont understand, if being the most succesful PL track for the last seven years shows a lack of ambition then god help the other teams. also if making sure you can give attractive speedway year inyear out with competative teams and a financially secure future means a lack of ambition then leats be unambitious and have guarenteed speedway every season

Point 2 i agree with totally, and at £20 and on sky i think a few sheffield fans will give it a miss as well. the last time it was at sheffield it attracted an average league attendance, and the prices were more reasonable as well. maybe they need compton and ashworth to attract sheffield supporters to make it a success

Edited by The Third Man