British Speedway Forum

New point to add to this price structure(for all speedway stadiums)is that the new leaving age for schools is now 18 as of a couple of weeks ago.so theres something new to think about.They're gonna have to put multi storey carparks at schools because most kids will now be able to drive themselves to school!!!!!!! But if at school they should pay child prices

Actually the leaving age thing was only a proposal not a definate change! Also it will be phased in if it does get adopted so it will be a number of years before it comes to pass!!! :P

Edited by lupus

Actually the leaving age thing was only a proposal not a definate change!  Also it will be phased in if it does get adopted so it will be a number of years before it comes to pass!!!  :P

As long as I dont have to go back :D

I for one can,t wait for this match as Owlerton is one of, if not the fairest track in the country,as for the £20 admission fee,it,s only £5 more than we pay to see 2 top riders(1 from each team)so surely £20 to see the top 16 EL riders is,nt that bad.Also,some of you(and i dont mean B Vue :sad: )will get to see 2 of your riders :wink: .

Another thing,it will give me chance to cheer on my 10th favourite rider,who will probably be picking up the siverware. :)

just a pity andre can't be in the line up to really liven the evening up....wild card maybe? a compton/steady rematch (and throw in nicki and hans) and lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!i worth20 quid of anyones money :P

Its a shame that the fans dont seem to be getting too optimistic or enthusiastic about these "Super 7 Series" matches, or whatever they are called.

I hope that they are a success and the fans dig deep, get their wallet's out, and support the riders or clubs of their choice.

At least Chapman has had a go at doing something about these events, they have been a bit rubbish in recent years.

Also its a good move to allow children under 11 in free of charge and I hope we can look back on this series at the end of the year and say it was successful.

Well it is different.

But not family entertainment, is it? Do you think J. Chapman knows what he booked for an occasion when he is trying to encourage the kids along.

The men may like this, but to women it's bread-and-bread!! :D

Can't wait for ELRC at Sheffield. Haven't been there for years, but will definitely go to this. I agree that maybe chucking Compton & A.N. Other Sheffield rifer in would be a good idea.

I agree that maybe chucking Compton & A.N. Other Sheffield rifer in would be a good idea.

That would just be more padding in the specially prepared cell (not for you) if you ask me. It's the ELRC, and should not include lower league riders.

That would just be more padding in the specially prepared cell (not for you) if you ask me.  It's the ELRC, and should not include lower league riders.

Track reserves :P

Can't wait for ELRC at Sheffield. Haven't been there for years, but will definitely go to this. I agree that maybe chucking Compton & A.N. Other Sheffield rifer in would be a good idea.

Sorry, much as I would like to see some home interest, I would be against this as it would not be a proper ELRC.

At least Chapman has had a go at doing something about these events, they have been a bit rubbish in recent years.

But has he really ?.

I mean the E.L.R.C at a track where it failed miserably about 4 years ago.

The 4s at Peterborough, it was moved from there because the crowds had became so poor, a fun fair wont bring them back in there thousands.

Things like a model at a track,signing sessions, meet the rider were being done in the 80s, and now just because its JC ( who is young and vibrant and everything he does is great ) , it will change the face of the sport , not for this fan.

Its not really the major revamp that was promised, I for one am not looking forward to the events any more than i had in the past, its just same s*it different shovel IMO.

Edited by wjm

But has he really ?.

I mean the E.L.R.C at a track where it failed miserably about 4 years ago.

The 4s at Peterborough, it was moved from there because the crows had became so poor, a fun fair wont bring them back in there thousands.

Things like a model at a track,signing sessions, meet the rider were being done in the 80s, and now just because its JC ( who is young and vibrant and everything he does is great ) , it will change the face of the sport , not for this fan.

Its not really the major revamp that was promised, I for one am not looking forward to the events any more than i had in the past, its just same s*it different shovel IMO.

Okay, so you don't like what has been done, and okay you do make some good points, but what would you do to turn things around, or are we saying that Speedway is dead on its feet.

I believe the changes had to come and the sport needed it, and I do think that JC has done a good job, but this is his first attempt, and just hope that at the end of the day if not all the meetings are not a success, then he is given the chance to rectify it.

For me it is a case of lets wait and see, but at least JC had the balls to change things.

Okay, so you don't like what has been done, and okay you do make some good points, but what would you do to turn things around, or are we saying that Speedway is dead on its feet.

I believe the changes had to come and the sport needed it, and I do think that JC has done a good job, but this is his first attempt, and just hope that at the end of the day if not all the meetings are not a success, then he is given the chance to rectify it.

For me it is a case of lets wait and see, but at least JC had the balls to change things.

Other than changing the venue of the events, most back to places where they have been before , and failed, what has he done ?.

A change to a race format that should have been made about 5 years ago.

I am reading about big changes but not seeing them.

Edited by wjm