British Speedway Forum

Look at the EL averages, (with bonus' before anyone tries to claim about Kennets mass of them) Howe is top Brit, (excluding Scotty and Bomber) followed by Stead, followed by Richardson and THEN Kennett.

I've always said it should be the top non-gp Brit in the averages. That is, simply, the fairest way to do it.

The fact I cannot stand Eddie Kennett has a lot to do with it too - but IMO he hasn't earned his place as a wildcard this year.

David is having a great season, but Kennett is having an awesome season. They both deserve it, but even I would give it to Edward, who has really come good this year, and will do much better at Cardiff than David would, mainly because its a slick track and he is a good gater.

Can see Howe having the night of his life and winning this one :)

Good Luck Havvy :D

Guest The Sceptic

The fact I cannot stand Eddie Kennett has a lot to do with it too - but IMO he hasn't earned his place as a wildcard this year.

Ed speaks very highly of you Alan :oops:

Okay, let's move this on to predictions then.

Assuming it's top two plus two from four(?)

Top two

Scott

David H

4 semi-finalists

Joe

David N

Chris H

Simon

Final result

Scott

David H

Chris H

David N

Think Flop is out for another month 21st, meaning he'll miss this.

Wasn't aware of that.

Hmmm...will have to have a re-think because I think the a few others could be pretty close. Chris L and Lee should be clost to the semi, but Lewis or Olly could step up and sneak in. I'll edit my original plan sometime later today.

*starts thinking*

Have to say that I am disappointed with No Andre Compton, but there you go there is usually one rider who is gets left out.

Of course the best solution would be to have proper qualifying rounds.

Base qualification on start averages, due to inequality in the number of matches riders may have ridden when the matches come around. It's a clear and well-defined cut off date for riders to set a qualifying average.

The top 42 Brits in the averages qualify. That the top 40 plus two reserves for the first round.

Round 1 features the lowest averaging 18 riders. A standard 16 rider format, with two reserves. Straight forward 5 rides each and winner takes all.

The top 8 from this meeting qualify direct into one of two semis, plus one of the 9th and 10th placed riders going forward as reserve. Each semi features 12 of the top 24 averaging riders plus 4 of the top 8 from round 1. Same format again.

The top 8 from each of the semis go forward to the final. The 9th placed rider from each semi goes forward as reserve for the final. Same format again.

The riders place in each round is determined by a random draw (where applicable).

In the event that a rider is unable to ride due to illness or injury a reserve takes his place. The place of the reserve is taken by the next highest placed rider in the previous round.

In the event of riders being tied on points for a rostrum place there will be a run off.

In the event of a tie for qualifying positions there will be a run off.

In the event that a reserve from a previous round in needed to be promoted to a later round his place will be decided by 'count-back' (as applicable).

Round 1

Lowest 16 + 2 reserves.

Top 8 qualify + 4 reserves for the semi finals.

Semi 1

Half of the highest 24 averaging riders + Half of the qualifiers from round 1 (decided by random draw) (12+4=16 +2 reserves)

Top 8 qualify direct.

9th placed goes forward as reserve.

Semi 2

Other half of the highest 24 averaging riders + Other half of the qualifiers from round 1 (decided by random draw)

Top 8 qualify direct

9th placed goes forward as reserve.

Final

Top 8 from each of the semi finals + 2 reserves (1 from each semi)

No doubt there'd be moans about too many meetings.