British Speedway Forum

How come there wasnt the same level of complaints when Nicholls and Stead took the place of 2 "young" Aussies in their national championship.

Nobody knew about it. And anyway, they shouldn't have been entered.

What's next....a Finnish rider int the Swedish championship.

:rolleyes:

Mr Shovlar i hardly call been Born in Scunthorpe Austrailian

Someone should tell that to Tai. he has an English father, and Aussie mother, bt was born in the UK. He should be a Brit but wants to be an Aussie. Thats worse than being an Aussie. Its downright appalling.

He would make money money with sponsorship etc if he was a Brit, so hasn't thought it through. Probably too young to realise the benefits of being a Brit over an Aussie.

Tai was given the chance and has bloody well earned his place in the final next Monday with a fine display at Arlington in the u21s.

It's the people in charge of our sport that need to be looked at ......i mean these are the people that let Rene Holta ride for Poland in the world cup.

Someone should tell that to Tai. he has an English father, and Aussie mother, bt was born in the UK. He should be a Brit but wants to be an Aussie. Thats worse than being an Aussie. Its downright appalling.

He would make money money with sponsorship etc if he was a Brit, so hasn't thought it through. Probably too young to realise the benefits of being a Brit over an Aussie.

Tai's parent are both english :unsure:

:unsure: He hasnt said anything about his nationality as far as im aware. He will be representing GB in the world under 21 final if he makes it through the Semi.

He said he was an Aussie last year.

How come there wasnt the same level of complaints when Nicholls and Stead took the place of 2 "young" Aussies in their national championship.

Didn't know. Shouldn't happen.

Is it true that the highest place finisher apart from Nicholls or Harris will be given the wild card place for Cardiff?

I've been told that Kennett has already got it with Stead and Bridger reserves!

its DEFINETLY highest place non GP Brit gets it.

Your sources were wrong :approve:

Howie for Cardiff - how does that sound Orion?? :P

I just think he wildcard should go to a rider on his way up not down. Havvy, Screen, Richardson etc should not get the place.

We need riders making their way to a proper GP berth tasting the atmosphere of Cardiff.

Just for clarification, my last post was to stevebrum on behalf of Orion as I'm pretty sure that would have been his response. :P

We need riders making their way to a proper GP berth tasting the atmosphere of Cardiff.

I agree with that. I'd like to see Simon get it. He's, hopefully, the next in line to have a crack at the GP's.

Has to be a good decision. I can't remember the last time I was actually looking forward to watching a British Final!

It would be nice to see a youngster like Stead or Kennett getting it, but if they get beaten then fair enough. A little bit of qualification for the GP - no matter how small - goes a long way.

Tai's parent are both english  :unsure:

So he had British parents, was born in Britain, but is half Aussie? Shurly shome mishtake.

Anyway, if Tai was born in the UK to an English father and Aussie mother then he is probably proud of both nationalities. It's not his fault he has to choose one. If he wants to be Australian rather than British then it's up to him.

It might have nothing to do with speedway issues. He might just love the country.

So he had British parents, was born in Britain, but is half Aussie? Shurly shome mishtake.

He has lived in Oz since he was 3 years old, and does have an Australian accent. But he IS actually british, and will be representing GB in the World Under 21's, he as you say just loves Australia, no harm in that is there?

its DEFINETLY highest place non GP Brit gets it.

Your sources were wrong :approve:

Howie for Cardiff - how does that sound Orion?? :P

Sounds good steve and he does the buissness on monday then he shall go to the ball :approve:

And lets face it he should do it with ease on his home track ,be a shock if he can't push home his massive advantage he has on the other riders .

Has to be a good decision. I can't remember the last time I was actually looking forward to watching a British Final!

Same here! I'd have no trouble cheering on David Howe or Simon Stead at Cardiff, so I'm going to go against my obvious choice to be British Champ (sorry Loobie) and go for one of these two young Brits. :approve:

Edited by London Witch

My answer is simple to the Woffinden situation.

Ask him out-right at the start of next season, who does he want to ride for in 6 or 7 years time.

If he wants to be a Brit, support him.

If he wants to be a Aussie, tell him to get an Aussie license and claim their u-21 or championship spots.

I dont want a situation of developing Tai for 5 or 6 years to be shafted when Australia are in need of a quality rider for a WTC in years to come.

The Aussie Championship - Stead/Nicholls thing is a red herring. They were invitational places which were open to anyone. Various GP riders were offered the places too but rejected.

Edited by Hazzman