British Speedway Forum

B) who gives a toss, if he was born a pom, then he,s a pom :blink: . i have 2 nephews, born in Hertfordshire. ENGLAND, they moved to aussie land when they where approx 3yrs old, they are now 24yrs old, and still living in aussie land, but you ask them what nationality they are they will say bugger, we are pommie bastads, and proud of it, what the f*^k has a flag got to do with it, it says India on my car tyres but it dont mean i,m indian, :blink:  does it, t*(ts

Well said onc onc end of story nothing else needs saying now

Guest Jacques
Well said onc onc end of story nothing else needs saying now

Bazski,

it seems that certain individuals get pleasure out of knocking the youngsters....but why??? I couldn't care less what he wears on his kevlars ( maybe he's proud of his heritage) nothing wrong with that.....there's all this talk about the future of the sport, encouraging the young riders,how many of them have thought ,that ripping a sixteen year old kid to pieces time and time again helps???????? :angry:

Edited by Jacques

Bazski,

it seems that certain individuals get pleasure out of knocking the youngsters....but why??? I couldn't care less what he wears on his kevlars ( maybe he's proud of his heritage) nothing wrong with that.....there's all this talk about the future of the sport, encouraging the young riders,how many of them have  thought ,that ripping a sixteen year old kid to pieces time and time again helps???????? :angry:

It's simply a blinkered bigotry that comes from only shouting for riders of your own team. I can guarentee 100 % the same people knocking him would be backing him to the hilt if he was riding for THEIR team. I see it on this forum and everywhere, sad fact of life i'm afraid.

It's up to Tai what he decides on his nationality. I just enjoy watching him ride, and hopefully will continue to do WHATEVER he decides :mad:

Why don,t you sad people get a life at the end of the day the our national team is called team great britain and face it there is nothing great about this country so aint that a contradiction maybe the lad had his logo designed when he started racing so why should he change it

If you think our country is not great why don't you piss off to a country you think is great? :rolleyes::unsure:

Why don,t you sad people get a life at the end of the day the our national team is called team great britain and face it there is nothing great about this country so aint that a contradiction maybe the lad had his logo designed when he started racing so why should he change it

So he started racing in a Rye House 2007 set of kevlars did he ?

Bazski,

it seems that certain individuals get pleasure out of knocking the youngsters....but why??? I couldn't care less what he wears on his kevlars ( maybe he's proud of his heritage) nothing wrong with that.....there's all this talk about the future of the sport, encouraging the young riders,how many of them have  thought ,that ripping a sixteen year old kid to pieces time and time again helps???????? :angry:

I for one am not ripping him to shreads and I havent seen many that have, the only questioning is why he is riding in the British Finals when he considers himself Australian.

Its clear that starting as a 16 year-old Brit, he can join CL teams and start on a 3.00 average, but cant do that registered as an Aussie. He is not the first to do it as I remember a certain Mr Crump starting in the juniors at Poole as a young Brit.

It's simply a blinkered bigotry that comes from only shouting for riders of your own team. I can guarentee 100 % the same people knocking him would be backing him to the hilt if he was riding for THEIR team. I see it on this forum and everywhere, sad fact of life i'm afraid.

It's up to Tai what he decides on his nationality. I just enjoy watching him ride, and hopefully will continue to do WHATEVER he decides    :mad:

Tai is signed up for Wolverhampton and will in the very near future be lining up for them in the Elite League and I will be very pleased when he does. The lad has a great riding style and looks set for a glittering career, but I would really love to see him carry on as an English rider where he could easily be the #1 Brit by the age of 21 and would gain a great deal more sponsorship as an English rider.

So one day he will ride for MY TEAM and WHATEVER nationality he decides to take, I will enjoy watching him ride for Wolves week in week out.

If you think our country is not great why don't you piss off to a country you think is great?  :rolleyes:  :unsure:

WTG SCB :lol:

Hey Sam Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what's your nationality??????? :rolleyes: Will you be riding in the British Final in a few years? :wink:

Another idiot.

Please attack the post, not the poster BWitcher. :rolleyes:

Whatever the Wolves fans think, David's qualification for the GP will always be tarnished by the fact that it came on his own track. Since Monday he has been easily despatched by Kennett at Poole, and beaten by a woefully out of form Gjedde in his only ride last night. Hardly GP material.

Like you, no doubt, I am eagerly looking forward to seeing how he fares at Cardiff. How many points do you feel he needs to score to consider the meeting a success? 6? :unsure:

Finally, credit to David for the post earlier on this thread giving his version of events. :approve:

Whatever the Wolves fans think, David's qualification for the GP will always be tarnished by the fact that it came on his own track.

No it won't! And I am not a Wolves fan. :lol:

Please attack the post, not the poster BWitcher.  :rolleyes:

Whatever the Wolves fans think, David's qualification for the GP will always be tarnished by the fact that it came on his own track. Since Monday he has been easily despatched by Kennett at Poole, and beaten by a woefully out of form Gjedde in his only ride last night. Hardly GP material.

Like you, no doubt, I am eagerly looking forward to seeing how he fares at Cardiff. How many points do you feel he needs to score to consider the meeting a success? 6?  :unsure:

Finally, credit to David for the post earlier on this thread giving his version of events.  :approve:

The last sad 'excuse' of the desperate.....it was a 'hollow' victory, his qualification was 'tarnised'.....We've heard it all before - and it was total ballcocks then too!

You say that he only won because he was on his own track and then say that he was beaten by Kennett.......ummmm wasn't that on KENNETT's own track? And as for last night - the bloke was ill for goodness sake! :rolleyes:

You say that he only won because he was on his own track and then say that he was beaten by Kennett.......ummmm wasn't that on KENNETT's own track?

My point entirely; thank you lupus. :approve:

And as for last night - the bloke was ill for goodness sake! :rolleyes:

As I posted on the relevant thread, it was a shame that he dropped out as we were all looking forward to seeing him ride. I hope he's back on form soon. :)

Anyone no the pollen count for cardiff in june ? :D:P

Please attack the post, not the poster BWitcher.  :rolleyes:

Whatever the Wolves fans think, David's qualification for the GP will always be tarnished by the fact that it came on his own track.

By the same token does that make Gollobs GP wins at Bydgoscz tarnished?

Good point well made Blazeaway. I guess to a certain extent it does, in so much as he clearly had an advantage over the other riders. That said, I don't believe that he rides Bydgoscz as his home circuit any more, so if he prevails this year it would be a pretty weak argument. :unsure:

I don't want to carry on discussing this forever, I just think that with so much at stake the meeting should have been held at a "neutral" venue, that's all. :)

Good point well made Blazeaway. I guess to a certain extent it does, in so much as he clearly had an advantage over the other riders. That said, I don't believe that he rides Bydgoscz as his home circuit any more, so if he prevails this year it would be a pretty weak argument.  :unsure:

I don't want to carry on discussing this forever, I just think that with so much at stake the meeting should have been held at a "neutral" venue, that's all.  :)

Agreed, but to find a truly neutral venue in Britain would be nigh on impossible. :)

superb point blazeaway!

EVERY track will give at least 1 rider home track advantage in a big competition.

except for the one off tracks off course.

Nothing tarnished now, i think we can ALL agree :approve: