British Speedway Forum

Howie - brutally honest and totally fair....just what we've come to expect. You are going to Cardiff matey and it doesn't matter how many sour grapes have been consumed in the Dorset area over the last 24 hours - no-one can take that away from you.

No sour grapes from me. Eddie did very well. He's only 20 years old and his time will come.

Well done, David and after last year when you were thinking of packing it all in, I am very impressed with your form this year, as I said on another thread on this Forum. Congratulations on your 2nd place in the British Final! :D

Enjoy yourself riding in Cardiff. There will be no pressure on you, so relax and Good Luck.

From a Poole Pirate supporter.

I am very surprised Ed may not take up his option to qualify, to my mind this is mistake as to progress he needs to ride in the big meetings,

go there be under no pressure and you never what happens, this remionds me of his decision not to go Elite full time last year....

Says he wants to concentrate on the Under 21 Championship this year. Obviously thinks it's the right decision for himself. Whether or not he is right, time will tell.

Well he wants to bloody hurry up I got money riding on him and Lewis Bridger :approve::wink:

according to a report in the peterborough et richard hall has been added to the gp qualifier in italy,so it seems like somone has pulled out and others have turned the chance down

But why Richard Hall? :blink:

Are there really that few people who want to go in?

Edited by Silver Bee

But why Richard Hall? :blink:

Are there really that few people who want to go in?

:blink::blink:

Howe and Harris are schedule for the qualifier in Italy. Please don't tell me one of those have pulled out.

Or maybe there has been a re-jig? :blink:

Didn't they say on the GP on Saturday that Bomber has decided not to go through the qualifiers this year?

I can see the logic in that - he is by far the best Brit in the series this year so even if he doesn't finish in the top 8 he'd still be the first to get the nod next season! Why knacker yourself riding in the qualifiers for no reason?! :approve:

Edited by lupus

Didn't they say on the GP on Saturday that Bomber has decided not to go through the qualifiers this year? 

I can see the logic in that - he is by far the best Brit in the series this year so even if he doesn't finish in the top 8 he'd still be the first to get the nod next season! Why knacker yourself riding in the qualifiers for no reason?! :approve:

To stop Subedei labelling him a beggar?

Anyone know how much the riders get paid for competing in the qualifiers?

My point entirely; thank you lupus.  :approve:

As I posted on the relevant thread, it was a shame that he dropped out as we were all looking forward to seeing him ride. I hope he's back on form soon.  :)

Seb the Snail. You really don't get it do you.

HOWE IS THE THIRD HIGHEST AVERAGING BRIT. That is an average earned on ALL the tracks.

Therefore his wildcard position is ENTIRELY justified as he is the best rider on form to take it.

I can't believe I forgot to post here. :rolleyes:

Congrats to Chris on his first win. Clearly the rider of the night, and fully deserved on this seasons performances.

Congrats to David on his rostrum place and upcoming trip to Cardiff. Again fully deserved.

No problem with Scott being very unhappy. He went there to win it, and failed. It's nice to see that the meeting really meant something to him. Far from just a test session, he really wanted badly. Any other rider would've been happy to get on the rostrum. Scott saw it as failure. It's nice to see that he has that drive to be the best he can be. If he can get these engines working then the rest of the GP boys can watch out. There's a lot of frustration building.

Congrats to Ed on a very good performance. Clearly the best he's ever ridden at Monmore, and what a time to do it. Very much worth his place on the final, and a creditable ride despite being edged out by the top 3.

Other noteable performances by Danny (again the best he's ever gone around Monmore), Olly (unlucky in the first turn a couple of times and also a race stopped while he was leading), and Lewis (could have made the race off but for the fall).

Chris could've crept in as well if not for the engine/chain failure.

The biggest disappointment was Steady. IMO (and it won't be popular in some quarters) he desperately needs to get away from BV, and get back to the old Steady before his career nose dives.

Stead's been put in a massive position by Belle Vue.

If he stays there he risks completely losing it like he's started to this year by the pressure put on him by being at number 1 and the lack of racing at Kirky Lane.

If he leaves he risks leaving Belle Vue with massive problems as there number 1 rider. Loyalty is all well and good but it depends what Simon wants from his speedway career.

Stead's been put in a massive position by Belle Vue.

If he stays there he risks completely losing it like he's started to this year by the pressure put on him by being at number 1 and the lack of racing at Kirky Lane.

If he leaves he risks leaving Belle Vue with massive problems as there number 1 rider. Loyalty is all well and good but it depends what Simon wants from his speedway career.

I doubt Simon would leave BV, with his main sponser being the promoter.