British Speedway Forum

They said on SKY than Compton was "rather annoyed" at being left out of the line up ....................

Not surprised when he is top of the premier league averages.Nothing against Havvy,but how did he get in?

Gary Havelock 10.43,

Andre Compton 10.11

;):)

Yes SCB point taken but surely as Gary has had a nasty injury and therefore doesnt have a true average for this season as yet (not saying he wont make that anyway)then surely it would have been a little better to use the man at the top of the bunch of true averages.This of course is Andre Compton at the moment but as i am from Sheffield this may seem a little bias but whoever was at the top then they should be the man for the job.This is just my opinion and is by no means a way of saying Havvy is not worthy,he is a rider i have had many years of pleasure watching and i look forward to his return to the sport very soon.

Maybe they just used Havvys 2006 average, 10.19 ;)

We could argue this all day, we have seen with the 4TT, they (the BSPA?) seem to pick the top riders by average regardless of the number of rides/meetings they have had. That has it's good and bad points.

Shame there was not a semi-final stage really. Go with the top 8, the 3 under 21's 4 semi-qualifiers and a wildcard.

TBH, I'd prefer to see Havelock and Compton ahead of Richard Hall in this meeting.

Edited by SCB

Yeh like you say we could go on all day with what we all think, but to me the important thing is, that whoever the riders are that are in it lets just hope that they all come through it with no more injuries, as this season so far has been horrific with the injured list so far.On another note would love to see 'bomber' win this one,he was an absolute pleasure to watch in the last gp and what Britain have been crying out for, for a long time,someone who actually wanted to win!!!!!

That looks a poor line up,do the wild cards get in to the main meeting.

Is that a wind up or just ill-informed. :blink:

Should be irrelevant.

Doesn't mean it is irrelevant though does it?!

Olly Allen very good round Monmore? Brilliant

He certainly was a couple of weeks ago, and is now showing his true form. He's very much worth his place in the line up.

On another note would love to see 'bomber' win this one,he was an absolute pleasure to watch in the last gp and what Britain have been crying out for, for a long time,someone who actually wanted to win!!!!!

Monmore is a cracking race track but I am yet to see Chris at his best around there. He failed to win a race in his ercent visit. He'll need more than that against a bunch of riders that can ride the track well.

Personally I think Scott will edge it, but it's by no means certain. At their best Joe, Floppy, and Chris can still win plenty of races around there and David H will be a real threat. I wouldn't be surprised to see the points shared around with everyone dropping points to each other at some stage.

Bianca Gascoigne...............they'd have got more people through the doors with Bamber Gascoigne :D

Havvy in the British Final ??

But surely Super7even Unwritten Rulebook Section 143.7 subsection 2 states that No Redcar rider however valid his/their qualification shall ever darken the door of a Super7even meeting.

I'll believe it when I see it.

The Redcar 4 are innocent!! Arthur Fowler WAS innocent! Free Nelson Mandela!

:D

Is it true that the highest place finisher apart from Nicholls or Harris will be given the wild card place for Cardiff?

I've been told that Kennett has already got it with Stead and Bridger reserves!

Not more unwritten rules for the super 7s, unwritten so they can be altered if it doesnt work out according to expectations of course.

Not more unwritten rules for the super 7s, unwritten so they can be altered if it doesnt work out according to expectations of course.

Yawn.

Edited by Bagpuss