British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Let's really go for it. Have an all day meeting, have every team ride in qualifiers in the morning and afternoon with the final in the evening.

:D

It would stop the moaning tho  :wink:

Somehow I doubt it! The toilet will probably be painted the wrong colour or something.

Getting really fed up with the Sheffield fans perhaps they would prefer us to close again after a season so they can get a Fours place back!

Maybe just maybe the BSPA are trying to give us a higher profile and giving us a helping hand maybe just until we get established.

Or maybe you would prefer us to close again after 3 yrs; surely you could give us a break for the good of the sport for heavens sake :neutral:

Hope Rye House win the League as there fans are a lot nicer than Sheffied who seem very one-eyed and i will never feel sorry for them if they fail at anytime!!

Rant over!

Someone must have known Brum was going to be there because in the Sheffield programme dated the April 6th Birmingham supporters club are already running a coach to the 4TT.

Also on there fans website they say come and see the Brummies in 4TT action at Peterborough which was last edited on April the 1st. Yet as I read it the line up wasn't announced until the 17th.

Edited by Tipsy_McStagger

Someone must have known Brum was going to be there because in the Sheffield programme dated the April 6th Birmingham supporters club are already running a coach to the 4TT.

Also on there fans website they say come and see the Brummies in 4TT action at Peterborough which was last edited on April the 1st.  Yet as I read it the line up was announced until the 17th.

quite amazing, the line ups were based on averages after this date, but birmingham had already been guarenteed a place before that date.

perhaps we should give birmingham a helping hand by seeding them to the KO cup final and play off final, and handicap the other finalists so birmingham win.

just think league and cup winners in teir first season wouldnt be good publicity????

or perhaps they should be made to qualify for events like the rest of the teams and like redcar had to in their first season.

not sour grapes about not qualifying just fed up with speedway being run by a bunch of amateurs

PS hows our rider sanchez doing for birmingham

Getting really fed up with the Sheffield fans perhaps they would prefer us to close again after a season so they can get a Fours place back!

Maybe just maybe the BSPA are trying to give us a higher profile and giving us a helping hand maybe just until we get established.

Or maybe you would prefer us to close again after 3 yrs; surely you could give us a break for the good of the sport for heavens sake :neutral:

Hope Rye House win the League as there fans are a lot nicer than Sheffied who seem very one-eyed and i will never feel sorry for them if they fail at anytime!!

Rant over!

The complaint is not about Birmingham but rather that the qualification system is not as great as it could/should be and probably needs to be looked at before next season. If you look at the general consensus it is fans of all clubs who are saying this and not just Sheffield supporters although with our club directly affected it is obvious we have more interest in this.

For me it's not about the fact that Sheffield are the team to miss out, it is wrong whichever side is 8th in the standings. To suggest most Sheffield fans would prefer Birmingham to close so the 8th best side are in the competition is nonsense. If not being in the 4's final is going to force the Brummies to close then they aren't going to be open for long whatever - I can't see any connection between this meeting and the survival of the club. Even if it was the case I'd have more respect if the organisers had had the balls to come out and admit this rather than a bizarre riddle about Ostergaard being a 'home track' rider!?!

Perhaps it does help Birmingham but then where does it end? As has been said by others I didn't see Redcar getting any preferential treatment last year and with clubs like Stoke, Newport and Mildenhall struggling with crowds and/or performances perhaps we should seed them in too to help them out? Where does it end - and again how does the 4TT final at Peterborough help Birmingham to keep the sport going?

Sheffield has it's fair share of supporters who can't see beyond their own bias - every club has them, including your best friends at Rye! If you think Chris is nice and not one-eyed then I suppose I might as well stop here as you are immune to reasoned debate! Personally I think it's brilliant that Birmingham are back in the sport and to be honest if this helps them out in their first season I would understand but I don't see in what way it does and would appreciate honesty from the organisers. Anyway it's great to have another club back in the PL along with Redcar and Mildenhall and hopefully Scunthorpe to follow plus good news from Exeter and perhaps others. All the best for the season and as the decision has been made now I hope it does benefit your club and guarantee a long term future. For the majority of Sheffield fans this is not about any problem or dislike of Birmingham rather frustration at another poorly explained and seemingly illogical decision from those in charge. Enjoy your dislike of us one eyed Sheffielders and also seeing what those much nicer fans of every other club have to say when you're seemingly progressive promotion bring success over a period of several years.

Points taken Shoddy at least you seem to be fair minded unlike some others and maybe i was a little over the top but you must remember we have been out of the loop for such a long time and maybe you have seen organisational blunders in the 20 odd years we have been away.

I'm not saying we should get preferential treatment throughout the season but as i remember the Fours was the lesser of the "big" meetings when i last went ;and maybe it was the BSPA's way of giving a new track a boost as why they didn't do it for Redcar i can't comment.

I had imagined after 20 years with no speedway it would be a happy return for us but after all the negative comments i really wonder wether we should just batten down the hatches! :blink:

just because Birmingham had arranged coach travel to the 4s doesnt necessarily mean they were in it.

i seem to remember something on this forum where Mildenhall were sorting a coach to run to the 4s too, but they aren't in it, but maybe they thought they would be.

maybe a little bit of paranoia going on from some quarters here.

I only heard half this as I wondered in half thought the conversation held at a fans meeting, but I’m sure I heard from someone who should know these things that Perry Barr had been offered the chance to stage the 4TT but at the time the planning permission only aloud for 15 heats per meeting.

Edited by Tipsy_McStagger

Rant over!

nothing against brum (i hope they romp away with the league!),but against the amateur running and internal politics which make our sport a laughing stock.

ps/ we await your rants when things go AGAINST you! :wink:

just because Birmingham had arranged coach travel to the 4s doesnt necessarily mean they were in it.

i seem to remember something on this forum where Mildenhall were sorting a coach to run to the 4s too, but they aren't in it, but maybe they thought they would be.

maybe a little bit of paranoia going on from some quarters here.

Steve

You know Perry and the Barmy Army.

We were hoping to be in it but Perry said if there was demand he would organise it anyway.

Cant have the meeting without the Barmy Army :blink::P

Steve

You know Perry and the Barmy Army.

We were hoping to be in it but Perry said if there was demand he would organise it anyway.

Cant have the meeting without the Barmy Army  :blink:  :P

yeah thought that would be the case Neil :wink: maybe they'll be supporting the Stars :D

maybe Birmingham were thinking along the same lines ... that they would run a coach anyway.

some people might have been putting 2+2 together and getting a few more than they should.