British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

once again,we've no problem with birmingham themselves only the principles /politics/personalities involved.

I think the qualification for this meeting is done far too early in the season.So why not work out the qualifiers from last seasons finishing results.(I know a lot of riders leave teams at the end of every season.) Why not make it that you have to finish in the top 8 the season before to gain access into the following years competition.Not only would this give teams something more to fight for during the season but also helps out where teams have a bad start but get progressively better during the season.The original top 4 declared riders from the clubs that are lucky enough to be in the competition are then the ones that ride for the team.

I wish people would stop bitching and moaning.

When have rules and logic ever prevailed in speedway before.

It's fair play to J Chapman to explain the seeding process, good to see from a BSPA member.

Sheffield can blame their woeful riding at Saddlebow Rd for their exclusion I think. Shame really, considering that both tracks are big & grippy Tigers were likely have been favorites for this event, especially as Ashworth rode of the Panthers a year or 3 back. Alas, perhaps on your next visit to Kings Lynn you'll grab a 2nd place, hunh? ;)

Surely Somerset start as favorites now, Zetterstrom & Hawkins have both been Panthers in recent years. Redcar will likely struggle without Havvy :(

I might come to this, not decided, I do like my Sunday football (playing) and with Brummies taking on Kings Lynn at Perry Barr the week before it'll likely depend on finances.

The last time I went to EoES (many years back, solitary visit when Cradley made the 4's final) the roads were goddam awful from here to there, have they improved?

As for people who think Rye House will walk this with their averages... I have a feeling that the deep shale and wide open spaces of the EoES will see them a little intimidated. Just a hunch.

As far as the Brummies go at least Lyons has ridden there allot but I doubt he likes the track, both Sanchez & Ostergaard have been Panthers during their careers and thankfully it's Collins not Werner, who I imagine has an allergict reaction to such tracks.

Somerset to win, Brummies second, Kings Lynn third, Glasgow forth.

Edited by Col

It's fair play to J Chapman to explain the seeding process, good to see from a BSPA member.

Sheffield can blame their woeful riding at Saddlebow Rd for their exclusion I think.  Shame really, considering that both tracks are big & grippy Tigers were likely have been favorites for this event, especially as Ashworth rode of the Panthers a year or 3 back.  Alas, perhaps on your next visit to Kings Lynn you'll grab a 2nd place, hunh? ;)

actually its nothing of the sort, we finished 8th in the averages, so even a second place at kings lynn would have made no difference what so ever, as did scoring more points than birmingham in the two matches we rode against them.

as for mr chapman telling us how it was all sorted out, thats fine after the event when anything can be made to fit, would have been much better explaining how it was going to work before the teams were selected, and i dont remember seeing anywhere why birmingam were seeded, perhaps you can enlighten me on that one.

would be nice to see the details of how the pairs are going to be selected now, rather than after they are selected

Question. If you were organising a 'big' event would you invite the team that turned up at your track and failed to beat even a home reserve?

No . I wouldn't either.

Question.  If you were organising a 'big' event would you invite the team that turned up at your track and failed to beat even a home reserve?

No .  I wouldn't either.

so qualification is based on how well teams do at KL, bit harsh on those teams that havnt ridden there yet this season, they dont have a chance of qualifying

also didnt know qualification was based on invitations, unless your birmingham of course

Question.  If you were organising a 'big' event would you invite the team that turned up at your track and failed to beat even a home reserve?

No .  I wouldn't either.

come on col surely you are not that naive or blind ???

question; which team has finished in the top 4 for the last 10 years on the trot?

would you "invite" them....if it were an invitation event (which it never has been previously).

The Rules were for all to see on the super 7 website....and from Febuary it was listed that there would be the top 7 teams plus one seeded

God people scramble for rules...then when they are professional enough to use them they get slagged off for that as well because some people dont think they are fair

Its amazing isnt it Liverpool won the Champions League couple of years back....but did not qualify for it the year after....and yet through the back door were allowed in...No one questioned Uefa about it...

jaybea

No .  I wouldn't either.

Err a bit of a daft comment that. What's any teams performances at KL got to do with qualifaication for the fours at another track :blink:

Until the qualification rounds are re-introduced there are always going to be arguments as to why this team or that team should or shouldn't be included.

Its a shame because the event promises to be a very good one on a neutral track.

Edited by Bagpuss

Does it matter what teams are in it ? Its a day of Top Class Premier League Speedway, on a big fast track.....I guess you cant please all of the people all of the time.

I just hope that speedway, in general terms is the winner with Kings lynn 2nd of cos :D

Errr yes I think it does matter to those who support a PL team!

My interest would be much less if the Stars were not in it. Would still go though.

Edited by Bagpuss

Does it matter what teams are in it ? Its a day of Top Class Premier League Speedway, on  a big fast track.....I guess you cant please all of the people all of the time.

I just hope that speedway, in general terms is the winner with Kings lynn 2nd of cos  :D

and which team is used to big fast tracks where you pass inside or out?????

and have won two of the last three fours at peterboro??????

and as for knowing the rules, no one knew when the cut off date was for qualification until after the teams were announced and no one still knows why birmingham and not any other team that didnt qualify were seeded

so we still dont know the rules, as we dont still know the rules for the pairs

Edited by The Third Man