British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Now I'm just a simple man - but - Would it not be better to have quailifying events and prevent any arguing about who should and should not be there

Message to the BSPA - the simplest ideas are the best

Of course it would be better, that's exactly why the BSPA don't bother with it.

Pleased we're in but got to feel sorry for Redcar, and as has been said, be interesting to find out who pulled them from the competition, whether it was the Redcar management or everyone organising the 4s.

is it not because when you add the redcar riders replacing havvy and tres that it is a lower total or am i completely wrong?

and as far as the post by SCB i was asking a simple question not having a go it is possible for people to ask questions without trying to make a point.

According to the Star today Redcar were given a deadline of last Friday to indicate whether Gary Havelock would be fit and as we couldn't guarantee this 'Redcar had to pull out under competition rules' Ha Bloody Ha !

It also states that 'the Teesside club made a late appeal to stay in by including new signing Robbie Kessler in their quartet. Said Sheffield chief Neil Machin: "The rules are quite clear.." ( :blink: ) "and even though Redcar wanted to include new signing Robbie Kessler on his starting average this season rather than his current figure, they had to pull out"

Right that'll be the Neil Machin whose Sheffield team are replacing us in the competition.

The fact is that we don't need to take Robbies starting average, or his current average all that should matter, and "the rules are quite clear" is his average as at qualifiaction shut off date 13/04/07. Robbie average then was 4.76. If you replace Gary's average at that point (10.52) with Robbies 4.76 you have a difference of 5.76. Take the 5.76 off our qualifying averages from the Super7 PL 4TT details on the website and this leaves us with a combined average of 29.89 for our quartet STILL above both Somerset and Sheffield. And I don't want any of this crap about Robbie's average being for Sheffield - at least he'd ridden official matches this year - Workingtons quartet contain Carl Stonehewer who on the cut off date was still in retirement and hadn't turned a wheel in anger.

UNFAIR

:mad::mad:

cannot help but agree with you!

According to the Star today Redcar were given a deadline of last Friday to indicate whether Gary Havelock would be fit and as we couldn't guarantee this 'Redcar had to pull out under competition rules' Ha Bloody Ha !

It also states that 'the Teesside club made a late appeal to stay in by including new signing Robbie Kessler in their quartet. Said Sheffield chief Neil Machin: "The rules are quite clear.." ( :blink:  ) "and even though Redcar wanted to include new signing Robbie Kessler on his starting average this season rather than his current figure, they had to pull out"

Right that'll be the Neil Machin whose Sheffield team are replacing us in the competition.

The fact is that we don't need to take Robbies starting average, or his current average all that should matter, and "the rules are quite clear" is his average as at qualifiaction shut off date 13/04/07. Robbie average then was 4.76. If you replace Gary's average at that point (10.52) with Robbies 4.76 you have a difference of 5.76. Take the 5.76 off our qualifying averages from the Super7 PL 4TT details on the website and this leaves us with a combined average of 29.89 for our quartet STILL above both Somerset and Sheffield. And I don't want any of this crap about Robbie's average being for Sheffield - at least he'd ridden official matches this year - Workingtons quartet contain Carl Stonehewer who on the cut off date was still in retirement and hadn't turned a wheel in anger.

UNFAIR

:mad:  :mad:

Seems all a scam. Ok sheffield should have been into start with, but i bet they put them in because they said they wouldnt go to elite league championship later on. Thats why i hardly bother going now, chucking money down the drain.

Edited by Matousek

Its going to be so awesome to see the Rye boys woop ass at The East of England Schmowground. By the way i used to support the panthers and went loads from about 97 to 05 but haven't bin there for a while because of poor track, no racing etc. But it will be awesome to see my current team the ROCKETS take off at the showground.

Defo better racing at rye than peterborough!!

I know its a bit early but i hope all of you hardcore PL fans will show up for this meeting if only to support Chappo and his super 7even match. i would laugh if there was a bumper crowd for PL action and then a poor crowd for the next panthers borefest. If i go to cheer on the Rye boys i want there to be a super atmosphere, i can see it now that if i do go there will only be 5 people and a dog there and it will be so quiet u could hear a pin drop. lets hope not eh, lets show the EL boys how its done and how to support your team.

COME ON ROCKETS

Edited by Saulyistheman

Sorry but Rye will be laughable around the showground.

The premier league as a whole are missing out on the most exciting prospects the PL has ever seen in Carl Wilkonson and Jonas Raun.

this counts as a non-event as far the masses are concerned.

Its going to be so awesome to see the Rye boys woop ass at The East of England Schmowground. By the way i used to support the panthers and went loads from about 97 to 05 but haven't bin there for a while because of poor track, no racing etc. But it will be awesome to see my current team the ROCKETS take off at the showground.

I know its a bit early but i hope all of you hardcore PL fans will show up for this meeting if only to support Chappo and his super 7even match. i would laugh if there was a bumper crowd for PL action and then a poor crowd for the next panthers borefest. If i go to cheer on the Rye boys i want there to be a super atmosphere, i can see it now that if i do go there will only be 5 people and a dog there and it will be so quiet u could hear a pin drop. lets hope not eh, lets show the EL boys how its done and how to support your team.

COME ON ROCKETS

this is a wind-up, right?

COME ON ROCKETS

Are we really supposed to take seriously the view of a fan that wants a club to get poor crowds with all that could possibly lead to :mad: .

It also states that 'the Teesside club made a late appeal to stay in by including new signing Robbie Kessler in their quartet. Said Sheffield chief Neil Machin: "The rules are quite clear.." ( :blink:  ) "and even though Redcar wanted to include new signing Robbie Kessler on his starting average this season rather than his current figure, they had to pull out"

UNFAIR

In full agreement, sheffield should have been in from the begining, redcar should not have had to pull out, and have to disagree with Mr Machin, there are no rules, as there arnt for the pairs either

COME ON ROCKETS

but will they have a team or will all 7 get injured the night before

UNFAIR

Is Kessler not a replacement for Tressarieu though and not Havvy? Is Tressarieu going to be fit to ride in this meeting - if not the Redcar 4 would be Grieves, Kerr, Kessler and Giffard (I think) which is surely below the Somerset and Sheffield figures?

If Redcar can track a side with a higher figure than Sheffield then this decision is more ridiculous than the inclusion of Birmingham for no, apparently, sensible reason.

It would of course be good if the website carried the full averages and information so we could see the reasons. Surely not difficult?

We could ask the BSPA about it but I assume the request would go to the back of their queue. As I'm still looking forward to a response about my question on the rider gradings for reserves I wouldn't expect anything back too soon. You could try the great journalists at Speedway Star but they're no better at replying to anything that isn't cooing over how great they are evidently!

It could well be that the inclusion of Birmingham has a genuine reason and the pulling of Redcar also makes total sense but it's obviously too hard for them to avoid any questions with clear and informative press releases.

It's a shambles all round :mad: Same old same old!

There has been no credulous thought given to the qualifying criteria and I don't expect the pairs to be any different.

Are we not missing the point though that Redcar without Havvy should be out??? Seems a bit easy to jump on them at the moment but if it's the right decision to take a weaker side out then it's fair enough isn't it? (And I'm not saying that just because it's Sheffield who have benefitted here).

Not fully explained but their line up is going to be Grieves, Kerr, Giffard and Kessler or Tressarieu. Can anyone give averages for them that will come to more than Somerset or Sheffield?

Still waiting for an honest and reasonable answer on why Birmingham were included to start with??? If it's because they wanted to help a new club then at least say it but the reasoning that Ostergaard has home advantage is frankly still b******s!

Edited by Shoddy