British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Are we really supposed to take seriously the view of a fan that wants a club to get poor crowds with all that could possibly lead to :mad: .

Whatever, i would be just as pleased if both meetings got 5-10,000 but knowing Peterborough like i do i think the fours will pull more fans than the EL meetings usually do, look at it logically there will be hopefully fans from 8 PL teams there supporting thier riders and maybe panthers fans aswell. You know i make sense Star Lady. Any way i didn't say i wanted it to happen i just said it would be laughable. Peterborough have had poor crowds over the last 5 years sorry if i offended you missy, would that be speedway star in your name or Kings Lynn stars.

In response to John Thomas they prob won't be as good as Zorro and Shane Parker who are former panthers and top PL riders.

And in response to The SAINT no its not a wind up i just want it to be a bumper crowd because i am not prepared to go to the schmowground if it is half full with no atmosphere... sorry for wishing it to pull a big crowd. I am guessing your one of those fans that wont travel the extra miles to support what is going to be a gd meeting.

Edited by Saulyistheman

Whatever your views of Peterboro (or any other club) and the standard of racing/atmosphere they serve up, to wish a poor crowd on them without thinking of the consequences is a very poor thing to do.

I've never yet been to a 4s final at EOES that has been poorly attended. It's the best racing day of the year IMHO and I salute the decision to take it back to it's spiritual home.

I have my fingers crossed for good weather, to allow the cricket and picnics to go nicely and a well prepared fair track. I hope all the teams ride well and we are treated to a fantastic display of speedway skills. Being the realist I am tho, I guess there will be a few poor races but hey if the sun shines and the best team on the day wins I'll be happy.

It's Star as in Lynn BTW :wink: .

It doesn't matter who Kessler is replacing, at the moment he has signed for Redcar for a month and is a Redcar rider. Redcars top 4 available riders (the only qualification needed as far as I'm aware) are Grieves, Tresarrieu, Kerr and Kessler. As I stated in my last post at the qualification cut off date their combined 'current' averages were higher than both Somerset and Sheffield. I wouldn't give a monkeys if the averages for our 'second' team were less than Sheffields and Birminghams but this isn't the case. Redcar have 'qualified' twice for the final of this competition but are still booted out.

I will say this for one thing , it wont be as well attended as the Play Off Final.

I thought this would have been in the 4s section but hey ho.

I don't see a great crowd being at the 4s, as i have already said, Charlie Chapmans idea of re inventing theses events seems to be putting them back to venues where they were moved from about 5 years ago.

The reason the venue was changed ? poorly attended.

I was trying to think what like the crowd was at the last 4s at Showground which Workington won ? :blink: on the TV.

Biased as my view may be to say this, but it will be a lesser event for not having teams like Edinburgh and Berwick in it , two teams who travel well to the bigger events and always have a decent following.

I mean at events like the P.L.R.C at Sheffield or even when the 4s were at Peterborough in the past both teams used to run at least a coach full of fans which is more than can be said for some teams in this event.

Edited by wjm

I'm not as the Boro have their last game of the season at home that day. COME ON THE BORO!!!!!!

Are we not missing the point though that Redcar without Havvy should be out???  Seems a bit easy to jump on them at the moment but if it's the right decision to take a weaker side out then it's fair enough isn't it?  (And I'm not saying that just because it's Sheffield who have benefitted here).

Not fully explained but their line up is going to be Grieves, Kerr, Giffard and Kessler or Tressarieu.  Can anyone give averages for them that will come to more than Somerset or Sheffield?

Still waiting for an honest and reasonable answer on why Birmingham were included to start with???  If it's because they wanted to help a new club then at least say it but the reasoning that Ostergaard has home advantage is frankly still b******s!

averages are not relevant after the cut off date or workington would be out as one of their riders didnt have an average as he hadnt riden a meeting this year, and one rider had and average based on one uncompleted ride.

i was told by a promoter that once the cut off date had passed the TEAM had qualified and what happened to the riders after that was not relevant, unless you happen to be Redcar of course.

Could all have been cleared up by publishing the rules before the start of the season, but that doesnt allow for juggling does it.

Perhaps someone from Redcar should ask Mr Chapman tonight why redcar have withdrawn, and let us know the answer?

Same will happen with the pairs as we dont know much about that subject either

Edited by The Third Man

Being called 'missy' by a 16-25 SL? Now that's got to make you feel good. :lol:

What a strange initial post :blink: I look forward to seeing some of this 'woop ass' stuff from Rye House with anticipation. :lol:

It doesn't matter who Kessler is replacing, at the moment he has signed for Redcar for a month and is a Redcar rider. Redcars top 4 available riders (the only qualification needed as far as I'm aware) are Grieves, Tresarrieu, Kerr and Kessler. As I stated in my last post at the qualification cut off date their combined 'current' averages were higher than both Somerset and Sheffield. I wouldn't give a monkeys if the averages for our 'second' team were less than Sheffields and Birminghams but this isn't the case. Redcar have 'qualified' twice for the final of this competition but are still booted out.

I can see where you're coming from but I assume that at the moment the declared Redcar 1 to 7 is Havvy, Grieves, Kerr, Kessler, Giffard, Courtney and Auty/Hodgson.

With Havvy not available the best 4 isn't high enough and if Tressarieu comes back in time then Kessler won't be in the declared team anymore. As such the Redcar team doesn't qualify whatever averages you use.

I'm not saying it's fair or sensible but it does technically stack up although personally I think a bit of common sense may have been applied with Redcar allowed to use Grieves, Kerr, Kessler and Tressarieu. It's not like Kessler would be a guest who hasn't ridden for the club so it would seem an obvious way for Redcar not to be punished for being unfortunate with injuries. All that said is the French lad going to be fit in time for this anyway?

averages are not relevant after the cut off date or workington would be out as one of their riders didnt have an average as he hadnt riden a meeting this year, and one rider had and average based on one uncompleted ride.

i was told by a promoter that once the cut off date had passed the TEAM had qualified and what happened to the riders after that was not relevant, unless you happen to be Redcar of course.

Could all have been cleared up by publishing the rules before the start of the season, but that doesnt allow for juggling does it.

Perhaps someone from Redcar should ask Mr Chapman tonight why redcar have withdrawn, and let us know the answer?

Same will happen with the pairs as we dont know much about that subject either

I'm not saying that - I am saying the best 4 riders Redcar could line up with don't qualify on whatever averages you take. I assume for Workington they are saying that if a rider hasn't gained an average then they use their previous figure? Makes sense but not sure if I agree with it or not personally - seems harsh punishing them because Wright was injured by not allowing his last average to count although sneaking Stoney in for Hansen who is 2 points lower at cut off hardly seems sporting.

Agree in full with you on everything else. If the TEAM qualified at the cut off date and clubs were told this then Redcar should take this up with a lawyer. If sides could be changed after the date it took one line on the website to clear this up but evidently they cannot be bothered explaining why they do anything to the fans.

In my opinion nothing too sinister has taken place with any of the decisions (Birmingham in, Redcar out and Workington still in) but they've just not explained anything and had the rules been in place and made clear then nobody could have moaned.

Question - Will they learn anything from this before the pairs?

Answer (I suspect) - Will they ****!

Rye will get absloutely nothing from this. Look for a bottom of the group finish and an early exit.

The big problem is (as everyone but the organisers of the event can see) is that the only rules we know about are the cut off date and that 7 teams qualify and one is to be seeded, but nothing else.

We only want someone to tell us what the rules are (and for the pairs) however this should have been done before the season and not after things have been done, no transparency, everything cloudy as usual in speedway and upset supporters, but what do we matter anyway :sad::sad:

Every team should be represented....as we are not :angry: in.....stuff it!

Edited by Mauger_Magic

I totally agree that ALL PL teams should be included in a series of knockout events leading upto the semi's and final that way the best PL foursome wins and can claim they are truely the top 4 man team.

Its going to be so awesome to see the Rye boys woop ass at The East of England Schmowground..... i used to support the panthers and went loads from about 97 to 05 but haven't bin there for a while because of poor track, no racing etc. But it will be awesome to see my current team the ROCKETS take off at the showground.

Defo better racing at rye than peterborough!!

......if only to support Chappo and his super 7even match. ......

COME ON ROCKETS

these are the wind up bits right?.... poor track,no racing- and you watch the concrete cowboys??? and who,outside of tractorland,supports chappo?

oh and i take it you are a well travelled supporter,but have obviously never been to the fours at peterborough????

Who was the last team to win the 4s at a neutral venue ? just out of interest.

With Havvy not available the best 4 isn't high enough

Sorry Shoddy but it is. If it wasn't then I'd quite happily forget about it (well maybe happily is the wrong word, we all want to see our teams qualify don't we :) )

As stated in my other posts at the cut off for qualification the combined current averages for Grieves, Tresarrieu, Kerr and Kessler was higher than that of the top 4 of Somerset, Sheffield and Birmingham - all of whom are now in the competition!

I know I'm wasting my breath (not with you, but with the 'powers that be' :) ) but it's so infuriating to be kicked out of a competition you should be in just because someone obviously doesn't think your side is attractive enough without it's star man.