British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

that's a shame ... if you ask the question i'm sure he would answer

I think the answers are pretty clear, with the exception of including Birmingham against the averages.

Redcar are out because the highest available 4 from their declared team is not strong enough. The same doesn't go for Workington with Stoney and Wright - as they don't have real time averages they have to be counted on their starting figure.

I'm not saying I agree with this just that it seems the logical reasoning behind it all.

Why Birmingham got in I can half understand but I just wish they'd have been honest and up front about it instead of the clearly stupid reasons they gave.

For me the final would line up with Redcar still in as once a team qualifies at cut off surely they have qualified? If not then have the cut off later surely???

Sheffield would have been in to start with as the 8th placed team as I am still to hear any sensible reason for Birmingham being seeded.

Who was the last team to win the 4s at a neutral venue ? just out of interest.

was it not sheffield at peterborough (2001 or 2002)??

was it not sheffield at peterborough (2001 or 2002)??

No I don't think it was, im sure the last one was at Coventry on national telly, but it really has slipped my mind who won. :unsure::lol:

No I don't think it was, im sure the last one was at Coventry on national telly, but it really has slipped my mind who won.  :unsure:  :lol:

Wouldn't have been Berwick in 2002 would it WJM :rolleyes::D

I have my fingers crossed for good weather, to allow the cricket and picnics to go nicely

Now your talking, bat, ball and wickets packed, now who has that nice Brian Griffin's telephone number so we can get back the most unorthdox umpire (and speedway promoter ;))that cricket has ever seen? :approve:

There was one from coventry that arena looked to have sewn up and tatum ran a last in the last heat to gift the win to someone else,cant for the life of me remember who they were tho..

I'll be there, looking forward to it already!   :approve:

Second thoughts..... don't need an old bat if your gonna be there :P Third thoughts will bring one just in case I need to hit someonething for six :D:wink:

Edited by Jive

There was one from coventry that arena looked to have sewn up and tatum ran a last in the last heat to gift the win to someone else,cant for the life of me remember who they were tho..

Ow I know but im sure most fans are very greatful to Newport and another PL team for the race that was going on in front. :P

Being called 'missy' by a 16-25 SL? Now that's got to make you feel good. :lol:

What a strange initial post :blink: I look forward to seeing some of this 'woop ass' stuff from Rye House with anticipation. :lol:

First things first what the hell does SL mean and secondly u have read it differently as to how it was intended, i did not say i wanted there to be a poor crowd for peterborough but if you go to both meetings i am pretty sure there will be about 2 people at the panthers match and little or no passing on track. I used to go there every week a few years back but i just got bored of it and turned to Rye for my weeks dose of speedway. I know they have new(ish) promoters and they seem to be heading in the right direction but i still have bad experiences with that club, but loads of good ones obviously. Peterborough are a team i watch out for now and again, but i am not as bigger fan as i was.

I know rye won't perform to good at the huge schmowground but i will still go.

Sorry for the huge post but i am having to defend myself here, Shooting Star 'woop ass' relates to how passionate i am about rye and speedway in general, it is a term that us 'youths' use to show how our teams our going to win, basically.

THE SAINT u obviously have either never been to the scmowground or have when they actually care about what thier track is like. I know for a fact home riders have been a bit upset about how the track is set up at times in the last 3-4 years. Again sorry for the huge post but some of you people really do jump to conclusions and judge someone u don't even know.

Oh and onother thing i don't travel very far to speedway because news flash i dn't drive yet and my father is heavily involved in work for Rye and The Panthers.

Redcar are out because the highest available 4 from their declared team is not strong enough.  The same doesn't go for Workington with Stoney and Wright - as they don't have real time averages they have to be counted on their starting figure.

but Stoney was not in the team until AFTER the deadline. Surely it has to be the 4 highest averaged rider who are still in the team that was declared on the cut off date?

First things first what the hell does SL mean

I'm not mean :rolleyes: you might have a bit of a shock when you meet this "missy" tho :D .

On 4s day, find the cricket match and I'll be the one sitting knitting at silly mid off :P

Edited by Star Lady

Yeah whatever your 60 or so :P ,but what does SL mean.

Plus when i said 'missy' i don't know u i just thought it was a good reply to your negative comment. u could be 18 0r 60 i don't know do i, or did you not notice that there are't video phones in this place.

Edited by Saulyistheman

"Whatever your views of Peterboro (or any other club) and the standard of racing/atmosphere they serve up, to wish a poor crowd on them without thinking of the consequences is a very poor thing to do"

What are you on in this post lady, they do'nt need me wishing it on them they do it themselves. Oh and one poor crowd would not do anything, an accumulation of years of poor crowds is what would lead to a club going out of business.

P.s are u a teacher or something cause you seem to have no respect for the young peoples opinions at all.

Guest PanthersChamp06

On a Brighter note, whos making the trip to the EOES :D