British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Isle Of Wight stand a reasonable chance, although if Sheffield do get in, then my money would be on them.

It seems inconceivable that Sheffield have been omitted . Seems to me the BSPA are bending over backwards for Birmingham . Dont get me wrong i'm glad they have come back , but to give them a wildcard and ignore Sheffield warranted inclusion is a dreadful decision .

After all i didn't see the authorities falling over themselves to include Redcar in the fours and pairs last season when they came into the league .

Good point Paulco. The Sheffield omission will be down to the BSPA not wanting to face a backlash if they don't include Brum because of their top 4. Last season Redcar could have done better than some teams in the Pairs and 4TT but we had to miss out.

It seems inconceivable that Sheffield have been omitted . Seems to me the BSPA are bending over backwards for Birmingham . Dont get me wrong i'm glad they have come back , but to give them a wildcard and ignore Sheffield warranted inclusion is a dreadful decision .

After all i didn't see the authorities falling over themselves to include Redcar in the fours and pairs last season when they came into the league .

I agree. Perhaps if the result last night at Birmingham had taken place a week or so ago the BSPA might just have re-assessed their selection.

Nothing against Birmingham but, given they are a first season track, this smacks of favouritism. Your comment about Redcar failing to receive any such favour last year is very relevant.

Good point Paulco. The Sheffield omission will be down to the BSPA not wanting to face a backlash if they don't include Brum because of their top 4.

why,when our top 4 average more than theirs?????we have the top man in the league at the moment,an ex peterborough rider and the current british u-21 champ in our top 4 plus a big away support! there is much more to it politically than that believe me!

Sheffield will more than likely take Redcar's place as we haven't got Matty or Havvy for it.

Sour grapes from Sheffield. Your team should have performed sufficiently and then no problem. It's your own fault.

Just proves that Sheffield are an also ran in the PL these days. No recent success and other clubs have become bigger and better.

Sour grapes from Sheffield. Your team should have performed sufficiently and then no problem. It's your own fault.

Just proves that Sheffield are an also ran in the PL these days. No recent success and other clubs have become bigger and better.

thats right chris we finish eigth in the averages with eight teams qualifying and we dont qualify

thats really not being good enough isnt it, bit like dry not being enough for the Prem Trophy, Fours, pairs (sorry had the all of rye injured for that one didnt you :shock: ) cup and play offs last season isnt it (especially the play off semi final of course, well done eddie) mind you as he isnt your rider dont supose that bothered you, are you bothered about that other good rider that doesnt belong to you being injured for last night

Edited by The Third Man

thats right chris we finish eigth in the averages with eight teams qualifying and we dont qualify

thats really not being good enough isnt it, bit like dry not being enough for the Prem Trophy, Fours, pairs (sorry had the all of rye injured for that one didnt you :shock: ) cup and play offs last season isnt it (especially the play off semi final of course, well done eddie) mind you as he isnt your rider dont supose that bothered you, are you bothered about that other good rider that doesnt belong to you being injured for last night

:D:D:D

Nice one TM!

Bit rich coming from you Chris after last years premier league fours "fiasco" should we say.

IMO Rye should have automatically of been banned from this years tournament

IMO Rye should have automatically of been banned from this years tournament

can't disagree with that statement.

i'm still looking forward to the day when we get the 4TT qualifiers back ... it was a decent money spinner with the regional groups, with 4 local derby meetings most of the time it certainly added spice and gave some good meetings ... and then have the finals at Peterborough

can't disagree with that statement.

i'm still looking forward to the day when we get the 4TT qualifiers back ... it was a decent money spinner with the regional groups, with 4 local derby meetings most of the time it certainly added spice and gave some good meetings ... and then have the finals at Peterborough

Blimey someone agrees with me, i should frame that quote :blink:

Would definitely be a lot fairer with regional qualifiers rather than the BSPA bingo bonanza and it would be another decent meeting to go to.

All makes to much sense though im afraid

and heres another me wong, fully agree bring back the qualifiers then we can get rid of mr chapmans crazy ideas and the best eight teams on merit ands not averages after 1 meeting

another point are workington now not going to qualify?

hanson injured, his replacement hadnt even raced before the cut off point so that should put sheffield in and maybe the second reserve team in if redcar arnt allowed to ride

Edited by The Third Man