British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

for the Canterbury fans out there i have a message from mbbunyan....

14th October 1978 was a happy day

25 years ago today

Is it Jason Bunyan's birthday? :P

Happy Birthday Jason.

for the Canterbury fans out there i have a message from mbbunyan....

14th October 1968 was a happy day

25 years ago today

err Steve......this is 2003.

2003-1968=???????

(give you a clue it aint 25! lol) :clown

doh!!!

you know i meant 1978.... beat Mildenhall to win the league

(formed in 1968)

:oops:

Thanks to Mbunyan for the information there on the anniversary of winning the league, I can still remember Barney on top of the tractor holding the trophy, a proud day in a sad year xx

a proud day in a sad year xx

Very very true mate - but I can still remember that they superimposed GB's pic onto the team pic in the programme for the final meeting that year and full credit was given to everyone who played a part.

God I miss that place :!:

God Kev I'd forgotten all about that happening, now you mention it I can remember as I was only 11 at the time I wondered how they managed it.

You and me both Kev have just had a look at the site that was given on another thread and there is an address there for suggestions for Kingsmead, did say I should but I have now emailed them and suggested a speedway track might be a good idea, there should be plenty of interest in Kent what ya reckon :P;) Mark Loram #1!!!! must go out and get my lucky lottery ticket for Saturday night :approve:

Canterbury Speedway without Shazzybird would be like the Pope without Rome. It keeps its status almost through her alone.

When I now think of Shazzybird, I will always think of Canterbury Speedway. And visa versa.

"Long may she reign"

I have now emailed them and suggested a speedway track might be a good idea, there should be plenty of interest in Kent what ya reckon :P;) Mark Loram #1!!!! must go out and get my lucky lottery ticket for Saturday night :approve:

Good on yer Shaz, I reckon you're dead right :!:

Yeah, I agree about Mark. If you reproduce the track just as it was, he would be outstanding around there. Now you've really go tme thinking - how many ex-Crusaders are still riding today? (I can think of one).

OK listen - I've got a plan - I'll go halves with you on the lottery ticket, we'll collect the money on Monday, set everything up and on the opening night I'll meet you in Don's before the meeting. Then we can walk round the corner, get the show on the road and after the nine o'clock curfew we'll still have time to hit the town and celebrate - you up for it? :lol:

We might even be able to talk Honey into riding in the second half - that should put a few on the gate! :)

You and me both Kev have just had a look at the site that was given on another thread and there is an address there for suggestions for Kingsmead, did say I should but I have now emailed them and suggested a speedway track might be a good idea, there should be plenty of interest in Kent what ya reckon :P;)

Come on all you Kent/South East based people....give the girl some backup!

Actually come to that they cant tell from an e-mail addy where someone comes from can they?........hmmm, got to dash, got some e-mails to do :clown

Yeah ....... you lot give me some back up. This bloody lot on here think I've buggered off to become and Eastbourne fan.................................

Eastbourne..............who are they????????? :lol:

You know you can count me in Shazzy. I'll get an extra lottery ticket every week too. You never know, by this time next year, we could be promoters - aaaaaaaagh!!!

Of course we're behind you Shazz - I've sent mine along with Lioness and Duncrusadin' - thats four - go for it forum - get behind us and make it clear to Canterbury Council that there's still huge support for speedway in the City and you never know.........

Hi Shazzy. I met your uncle Ted at long last today. What a nice man. But he doesn't look anything like the slim youth of my photos of him in his riding days!

Much more distinguished now... :)

bugga can't believe that I offered to Work Saturday night rather than go to Hoddesden with Unc. and miss the chance of Meeting you Norbold :cry: how gutted am I :cry: