British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Lonigo Gp

After the Zagar and Holta crash in heat 12? did I hear correctly that they have 'got rid of Tony Steele as far as the GP refing in concerned'

Or was that meant in a different way?

He was slumming it in the cruel, crazy town last night.

Bomber scored 7 out of 15, how is that a discrace?

Ok it was not a great result but small steps and all that. If he scores 7 in every GP he should be on the cusp of a top 8 place and how many riders have managed to make the top 8 in their first GP season?

He's currently 9th best rider in the World, is that really so bad?

What is this obsesion with some that to be a worthy of a GP place you have to be in the top 8? Because using that theory, half the rider in the GP series every year are not good enough for the GP's and should be replaced by 8 others, but then you'll still have 8 riders not good enough!

Bomber did well, he is GB's second best rider (in theory), what was the let down yesterday was Subedeis favourite, Scott Nicholls! (about time he learnt how to ride the 1st/2nd bend in a GP, he's greta in league racing on the first bend but it's a completly different game).

9th in the World right now and a disgrace! Oh dear! What does that say about the 1000's of riders 10th or lower?

Bomber did us proud, Scott on the other hand, oh dear, I'm starting to think Subedei may not be as mad as I thougth he was tho I still think Scott is a GP standard rider, he's just not capable of winning GP's.

Good to see Bomber not disgraced.

While that's true

Bomber scored 7 out of 15, how is that a discrace?

Did someone say it was?

Did someone say it was?

No, norbold, you didn't, but the terminally deluded don't read posts, they interpret them according to what they want them to read. Happens to me all the time.

sorry Norbold.

Off to do 100 lines of, "I must read others posts properly". :(

Have just watched the meeting from last night, and while it was quite boring at times, I'm well chuffed with the result :approve::D

Bomber went really well - what a great debut, which he looked really pleased with and so he should.

Hans had a bit of bad luck on the night. Winning heat one by a mile til it was re-run... almost taken out by Bjarne... but he just didn't have what it took to get to the final.

I know it's only one of 11, but Nicki has been on fire all season and I really hope he carries it through until October.

Thanks Stuart Road and Neil Watson for clarifying the tie breaks. I was aware of the system for the traditional individual meeting, heat wins, seconds etc, but wondered how they sorted who went into which semi. If it isnt 1st, 4th,6th and 7th and 2nd,3rd,5th and 8th in the next GP i'll be totally confused !! :blink:

Oh dear, I'm starting to think Subedei may not be as mad as I thought he was.

Don't be afraid, young fellow. Your delusions are lifting, slowly, but hopefully surely. You're beginning to see things as they really are. Don't try and fight it. It's rewarding to see things clearly.

Thanks Stuart Road and Neil Watson for clarifying the tie breaks. I was aware of the system for the traditional individual meeting, heat wins, seconds etc, but wondered how they sorted who went into which semi. If it isnt 1st, 4th,6th and 7th and 2nd,3rd,5th and 8th in the next GP i'll be totally confused !!    :blink:

The race formula is fixed so you shouldn't be confused!

Riders placed 1st, 4th, 6th and 7th in the intermediate classification will take part in

Semi-final 1 (Heat 21).

Riders placed 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th in the intermediate classification will take part in Semi-final 2 (Heat 22).

Surprised no-one has mentioned Hancock and what a good night he had. Wasn't giving an inch. Best I have seen him ride for a good while at this level. Nicki was in great form, all the pratice he had at Lonigo sure paid off.

What fool decide to keep soaking the track with water, between Heat 5-8 we seen some decent stuff. They didnt lightly sprinkle the track, soaked it.

Dreadful and left us with no passing except Harris cracking overtake of Bjarne Pedersen.

I predict Nicki to win and he did. Never looked troubled.

I reserve the right to comment on this thread in about 6 weeks time when we get our 3/4 of an hour of badly edited "highlights". Roll on IMG!