British Speedway Forum

It was better than most expected and " most experts " predicted, I think Chrissy Boy deserves a bit of credit for what he done on Saturday , its a long old season but if he just keeps plugging away ( which will all know he will ) then he will do ok.

MON THE BOMBER :lol:

Credit must go to him for qualifiying in the first place though.....

Remind me what Harris did to qualify? As far as I can see, his qualification is largely because circa 20 years ago he was born British.

I rekon he will prove his worth over the season, but people will stll be bleating on about the qualifying process. :rolleyes:

I was there on Saturday right on the 1st bend & even Chris' gating was pretty good. Also he overtook B Ped & AJ and generally was looking fast. However, Scotty, Bjane, Lindback & Holta all massive disappointments. Even the Wild Card looked like he had more Horsepower!

Remind me what Harris did to qualify? As far as I can see, his qualification is largely because circa 20 years ago he was born British.

Exactly.....

He put in years of hard work to be classed as one of the top 2 in britain alongside Scotty (who he comprehensively beat on saturday, even before the crash)

Makes me laugh now thinking back to just a couple of seasons ago, me battling against just about every coventry fan on here and the coventry forum who wanted chris sacked.

How quickly things can change.

Well done Bomber, great start :)

(and where did you learn to gate like that? :o )

Edited by Cornishman

(and where did you learn to gate like that? :o )
It seems to have come from noewhre on occasions this year. I think he's making 1 gate a meeting now!! It was 2 ok starts on Saturday though, so he's used up the next GP's good start :D Edited by SCB

Yes but Jagus is about 40 :P  years old and doesn't ride in the Elite league

Am about 30 then :P

Jagus is 32 (only)! Born 13.09.75 in Torun.

Edited by Mateusz

Am about 30 then  :P

Jagus is 32 (only)! Born 13.09.75 in Torun.

:D

It was tongue in cheek as you know.Just the photo they seemed to use on sportowefakty last year made him look like he was about 40-50 years old :P

Harris couldn't even pass Troy Batchelor at Poole last week. Or Boyce. Didn't even win a heat.

I am certainly not doing Harris a disservice. He scored OK on Saturday, a similar performance to Poole last Monday, but not worthy of high praise IMO. If he had made the semi, well it would have been an acheivement. As it was, he failed. But then we are used to failure in this country, and accept a 7 point haul from 5 rides as a brilliant debut. :rolleyes:

I want Harris to do well, but let's be realistic about Saturday.

Thats a poor point when you consider how crap the Poole track was last week.

You know i've always been a positive person and the way i see Bombers 1st g.p. is like this :

The first thing we heard on t.v. was that the track was slick and we all know Bomber lokes as much dirt as possible.

He had gate 4 twice with that producing just 3 heat wins in 23 races.

He beat : Lindback, Zagar, Nicholls, Jonsson, B Pedersen and Holta.

He showed no sign of nerves, made some good gates and finished 1 point short of the semi's.

Now if that is anything other than a success then personally i don't see it.

Well done Chris, it doesn't seem 5 minutes since you were showing glimpses of what might be at the Moto-parc and now you are fast approaching the top of the sport.

You might reach it, you might not , but everyone that knows anything about you knows that whatever the result, it won't be for lack of effort.

Well done again mate and keep up the good work.

what a post subedei. We are praising the efforts of a young at the start of his gp career and you post something like that. i take it your not british?

Not are you presumably not British, but obviously not Cornish. I, like Chris, am very proud to be both. Congratulations Chris on a fantastic performance, which was undoubtedly much better than our other British rider!!!!!

Thats a poor point when you consider how crap the Poole track was last week.

.........and Crump couldn't come from behind either. Mind you, he didn't do very well in the GP, either!!!