British Speedway Forum
Guest bluesboyfil

what song reminds you of speedway

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Also That silly Bee song which Arthur Askey did. Both remind me of Peterborough because they like to take the mickey out of the opposition. :lol:

Another tune would remind me of Leicester Speedway in the 60's if I could damn well find out what it was called! :x

Ok Scream, why don't you put the gray matter into gear GO...........

Don't hold your breath Phil! :P

Diamonds by Jet Harris and Tony Meehan has been Newcastle's parade

tune since the early sixties.

Flight of the bumble bee, Coventry 1950, or how I think of it as....... "The Bum of the beetle fly" !!!!!!!.

"Knights in white satin", Groveway Stadium Milton Keynes 1978....

"Imperial Echo's" Oxford 1993....

Nothing brings back memories to people more than smells or Music, the music chosen is very important, its what I've been trying to get through to Boston for some time

I went to Glasgow Speedway for the first time this year. They play the Police hit "Don't Stand So Close to Me" everytime George Stancl wins a race. Singalong and you'll get it... :D

"Knights in white satin", Groveway Stadium Milton Keynes 1978....

Somehow that doesn't quite strike me as the sort of inspirational music for a speedway meeting!

I think I'm in the minority up here but I don't like Edinburghs although at least we have our own identity. Just how many tracks play Eye of the Tiger? lol

Going Underground...

the way tracks are having to close due to complaints and any new ones that open are in the middle of a field

...and here was me expecting you to suggest Gary Numan and Cars :twisted:

"What kind of Fool am I"

Shirley Bassey!!

Whenever I am stood at some of these dodgy promotions serving up inferior track surfaces, inadequate facilities & mickey mouse competitions.

:D

I'd do anything by Simple Plan always reminds me of speedway i dunno why. It was played some time after a meeting and it reminds me of speedway now!!!!!!!

I remember at Hyde Road, they used to play Tokyo Melody by Helmut Zacharias. Blaze Away was another one.

There's a country and western singer over here (Oz) Adam Brand who sang before the Oz G.P. - He's got a great song called "Dirtrack Cowboy' its meant to be about Sprintcars but it's pretty apt. He sang the song at the G.P. along with our national anthem and all the Oz riders came out of the pits and stood on the track all but one J. Crump. :roll:

[

Somehow that doesn't quite strike me as the sort of inspirational music for a speedway meeting!

Your right Lioness, several fans thought the same at the time, but it was played prior to the March out to inform the the fans in the bars and the cafe that the parade was about to start.

I think it would be more applicable with todays race suits!!!!!

You don't hear it played much today, but when I do hear it my thoughts go straight back to those (K)nights.......

Its what I said, music is very potent.

Guest cheetahhawk

Whenever I hear Tina Turner's," Simply the Best ",I always think of Arena Essex in 1991. That was played a lot at Arena that year. After Hackney folded that year we went along to Arena to see all our old riders and they were the best that year.

Also Queen's" We are the Champions" reminds me of Oxford 2001 for obvious reasons :)

The boys are back in town remind me of sheffield speedway they always play it at every home meeting. It just gets me in the spirt of things :D

Also Queen's" We are the Champions" reminds me of Oxford 2001 for obvious reasons :)

That will always remind me of Reading winning the league in the early 90s. They played it as the team came round, and Cloive Fisherr (sic) decided to sing along to it.

Every time I hear it, I think of Cloive going: 'Weee yarr the champyuuuns, moiy frrrraaand' over the pa.