British Speedway Forum
Guest bluesboyfil

what song reminds you of speedway

Guest bluesboyfil
:D Thanks everyone, I just though with nobody responding this was done before, Thanks again.. Fil PS. My son keeps buging me to tell people about is webpage. So heres a little plug.. www.webspawner.com/users/philipcrouch He says can you leave a message in is guestbook... Thanks from my son Declan :)

What about "Another one bites the dust" when a rider goes out the GP @ Cardiff

Yes, but do they still play it?

All the music was so low key this year either I'd gone deaf or it was turned down so low it was almost inaudible.

Bring back "Hey Baby" and "Who let the dog's out." as well I say! :D

I think I must be the only speedway fan in the world who hates "Who Let The Dogs Out" :shock:

God, there's loads of songs that remind me of speedway, probably stuff in the charts when I first visited. Sheffield ones for me are Tiger Feet, Kung Fu Fighting, Hey Rock n Roll, many others as well. When I first began going there the teams used to come out to the "Entry of the Gladiators". As much as I like Simple Minds music, "Belfast Child" upsets me sometimes as it reminds me of when it came out that we had closed in 1989.

I never realised "Blaze Away" was the music it was until I went to Wimbledon this year. Berwick's always tickles me ("Wheels" by the String-a-longs), it makes me think of the muscle man on Opportunity Knocks!!!

Did any other places have songs for particular riders? We did in the early 80's, Shawn Moran was stuck with "It's A Miracle" by Barry Manilow due to his US nickname the Miracle Worker, so we would sometimes have that played 4 times in a meeting!

Yes, but do they still play it?

All the music was so low key this year either I'd gone deaf or it was turned down so low it was almost inaudible.

Bring back "Hey Baby" and "Who let the dog's out." as well I say! :D

Those are the 2 songs that get played whenever we get a 5-1 at plough lane, they really get the crowd singing and dancing!!.

I think I must be the only speedway fan in the world who hates "Who Let The Dogs Out" :shock:

Trust me, Tigerblade, you're not!

Well, that's a shame I say. Even Pawprint likes that one!

I usually sing it when letting her out of the car at Brandon and she joins in the chorus. :D

Guest devil horns

:twisted: :twisted: parnoid by ozzy osbourne coz thats reminds me how paranoid oxford supporters can be :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guest scream

i have loads of songs that remind me of the speedway i cant just pick one straight out :lol:

I'm sure you're right, DD. I didn't start going to New Cross until 1960.

"Fanfare of the Common Man" - played before tapes up at many places.

Or the beginning of the William Tell Overture at other places. It tended to be one or the other.

William Tell Overture was played at Birmingham and Ipswich (probably still is at Foxhall). I think Arena use it too.

The ultimate speedway song has to be Eye of the Tiger - it's great to go out on parade to as it gets everyone really fired up.

(or maybe just me :? )

rocking all over the world :P,always plays at Newport :D