British Speedway Forum
chris67bug

Name Of Famous Rider Who Committed Suicide?

Welcome to the forum Norbet Happy posting........... everywhere you go you see an Norbert Dentrassangle I'll think of you now :rolleyes::P

A number of expatriate Poles attend the Paris Ontario track , and I got into the subject of Edward Jancarz with one of them-who apparently knew the family.It is true that Eddie was stabbed to death by his wife.According to the Polish lady I spoke to she was aware that Eddie was a drinker who would get violent, and his death occurred during such a dispute. Terrible all round.

Let's not forget the tragic tale of Lukasz Romanek, who sadly took his own life almost a year ago.

R.I.P. Lukasz

Sadly there seems to be a very high incidence of suicide among speedway riders, which I guess must be related in some degree to the high stress levels, lack of security and lonliness of a life spent travelling without family and without much psychological support. Could there be any other reason? :unsure::(

Guest Jacques
Sadly there seems to be a very high incidence of suicide among speedway riders, which I guess must be related in some degree to the high stress levels, lack of security and lonliness of a life spent travelling without family and without much psychological support.  Could there be any other reason?  :unsure:  :(

and don't forget being ripped to pieces by people on forums such as these!! which allegedly they all read :(

I seem to remember that the circumstances fo David's death were never released at the time (2004). Has it since been confirmed that it was suicide?

The local paper reported (eventually) that he was found suspended from the rafters in his loft conversion. What a terrible thing to feel you have to do. Poor, poor bloke. :cry:

I won't go into the full story, but I once wrote a play about a boy who was intent on committing suicide and did a lot of research into the subject. Still got the books, in fact. What fascinated me was the fact that many people are making a "gesture" and never intend to actually go through with it - just make a cry for help. Yet for one reason or another many people still manage to die pointless deaths because they can find no other way to express their misery. Sad. :sad:

Let's not forget the tragic tale of Lukasz Romanek, who sadly took his own life almost a year ago.

R.I.P. Lukasz

Even though i think i keep up with all the goings on in speedway i totally forgot about this. Thanks for reminding me, i'll spare a thought for him, as i do all lost speedway riders.

Welcome to the forum Norbet Happy posting........... everywhere you go you see an Norbert Dentrassangle I'll think of you now  :rolleyes:  :P

And i will think of you every time i see an ad for Cardiff 2007.

And i will think of you every time i see an ad for Cardiff 2007.

Look on the bright side at least you'll be spared after 30th June :lol::wink:

I've seen somewhere a big monument in Gorzow as a tribute to Edward Jancarz but i would guess Wimbledon fans would know more.

On the subject of Eddie.On the 16th June Gorzów will be staging the 10th Edward Jancarz Memorial meeting.Some of the riders in the line-up so far

J. Crump

A. Lindbäck

R. Holta

L. Adams

J. Hampel

W. Jagus

T. Gollob

Ch. Harris

R.Sullivan

After I heard of Vladimir Paznikov's death I mentioned that I was aware of only 2 World Finalists(not riders just talking about World Finalists-[i'm thinking of the one-off World Finals here which I wish were still around]) who had committed suicide- besides VP (if true) I could only think of Kenny Carter, I sadly had forgotten Billy Sanders-so I reckon just 3 WF'ists had died this way. I honestly can't think of any others-so is 3 the number all you speedway historians out there.

Former Stoke rider Ian Robertson took his own life and dosen't even get a mention :(

i knew Ian personally his mother worked for us for awhile and my father was Ian's first sponsor at Elle Port ,Ian was a fine man and a resonable rider .It was agreat shook to hear of his death and agreat waste of a young life ,I can't image why he took his life although he did have a very sensitive side to his nature that very few saw RIP Ian.