British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

Conference League 4tt Draw Announced

what sort of side are stoke putting out with no evans or hargreaves prem duty for stoke easy ride to the final for plymouth

Where are the potters on friday night? Somerset?

I am not saying Plymouth isnt a nice place, im sure it is and i know for a fact they have some of the best fans but that team will walk it, Nicki Glanz is flying this year and the other 3 are top cl riders.

Its not the promoters who are unhappy its the fans. I just cant see this being a very fair meeting and there is no reason why Stoke couldn't of staged it again.

There was a very decent crowd for it last year i remember it well.

There wasnt much support for other sides no but that isnt Stoke's fault, it was a saturday night cant see why more people didnt turn out to support their sides.

Where are the potters on friday night? Somerset?

I am not saying Plymouth isnt a nice place, im sure it is and i know for a fact they have some of the best fans but that team will walk it, Nicki Glanz is flying this year and the other 3 are top cl riders.

Its not the promoters who are unhappy its the fans. I just cant see this being a very fair meeting and there is no reason why Stoke couldn't of staged it again.

There was a very decent crowd for it last year i remember it well.

There wasnt much support for other sides no but that isnt Stoke's fault, it was a saturday night cant see why more people didnt turn out to support their sides.

Plymouth don't even have a bar!!!!!! :cry: Although its nice and close for us Weymouth supporters it would have been nice to have had a stadium where there was seating though imo. Still think it should be a good meeting, just need to have a bit of luck on your side in these meetings although I think the big two will be hard to beat.

Jules

Edited by jules m

Rye House unable to raise a team - Oxford have come to the rescue and will replace the Raiders in Group 1.

All the best

Rob

P.S. Odd location for this thread - shouldn't it be in the CL section? 'Tis not a indivdual, testimonial or Super7even event.

Edited by lucifer sam

I notice that there is a thread for this in Testimonials / Individual meetings / Super7even events, but as this competition is none of those, hardly anyone has contributed to it... probably because they can't find it!! :wink:

So time to start a thread here I think!

Oxford have now replaced Rye House, who were unable to raise a team, so the revised line-up is:

GROUP 1:

Scunthorpe

Buxton

Oxford

Sittingbourne

GROUP 2:

Plymouth

Stoke

Boston

Weymouth

It is the first of four visits to the St. Bonniface Arena for Oxford in 2007.

The Lions will be without Jordan Frampton and Andrew Bargh, who are riding in the PL, but I still think we're in with a chance of getting to the final.

As for the eventual winners, as long as their top four are avialable, I can't see anyone stopping the homesters... not even Scunthorpe.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Well done, Rob. Let's hope that sense will prevail this time!!?? ;)

You are, of course, right that virtually no-one was contributing to the other thread coz no-one knew it was there!!

Sorry but for their strength in depth I would have to say that nobody is going to beat the Scorpian's.

Sorry but for their strength in depth I would have to say that nobody is going to beat the Scorpian's.

Spin King,

This is the fours... strength in depth has nothing to do with it... Plymouth are top heavy, which suits them down to the ground in this competition.

All the best

Rob

Spin King,

This is the fours... strength in depth has nothing to do with it... Plymouth are top heavy, which suits them down to the ground in this competition.

All the best

Rob

Sorry, but I still see Scunthorpe doing it.

i can definatley see plymouth and scunny in the final but i think we might have a little to much and we will win.

but this is speedway so anything can happen

darren

Lets hope the weather is not like this weekend or not a lot will happen!! :)

Thats OK we could just move it up the road to Weymouth

:D

Jules

I notice that there is a thread for this in Testimonials / Individual meetings / Super7even events, but as this competition is none of those, hardly anyone has contributed to it... probably because they can't find it!!  :wink:

So time to start a thread here I think!

All the best

Rob

Thread moved AGAIN. :mad:

i really cant think why this is here..

we in plymouth want as many people to this event as possible and if it is in here and no-one unless they actually search for it is going to find it in here.

it isnt a testimonial or an individual event it is the CL 4 Team Tournament so should be in its rightfull place in the conference league section.

plymouth are possibly going to lose out of people actually seeing this event on the forum and not know what is going on thus not want to come down to plymouth and watch what is going to be a very good contest..

please please see sense and move this back if not for plymouth's sake but for the fans of speedway so they know were to find it.

darren

please please see sense and move this back if not for plymouth's sake but for the fans of speedway so they know were to find it.

darren

Darren,

Unfortunately, the thread is still here, despite the efforts of Parsloes and myself.

It's telling that yesterday in the CL section, this thread picked up 8-10 replies, but today nothing, well apart from your post and now this one from me.

The mods obviously don't give a stuff about the Conference League.

All the best

Rob