British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Always Something There To Remind Me...!

It's weird but I drive to work every day past the end of Waterden Rd. and EVERY time (on the way in and the way home) I always think of the late lamented Speedway track there..!! :sad:

Then I often drop my daughter off at her pals in Romford and they live on the road where Brooklands used to stand..

Today, I was in a work meeting about recycling; and discussion turned to the recycling sorting plant the borough I work in uses..: it's in Crayford!!!

Am arranging to go there..!!

Interestingly, apparently the place is staffed almost exclusively by Poles (I guess you'd be more surprised to hear that many are very well-qualified including doctors: yes, qualified medical practitioners sorting through the East End's rubbish!! :blink: ).

The thought of so many from the country where Speedway is most revered across Europe (the world..??!) being based in Crayford was something to dwell on..

Are there every day events which get you thinking of tracks and events gone by..??!

And no, Bryn, not going past the Super Kings factory!!

Everytime I sit at my pc and look at my Hackney Speedway 1975 poster from the Hackney Reunion, when I look at it I instantly think of my happy childhood spent on a Friday night at Waterden Road :approve:

Most times I go to Manchester, I drive past the site of where the Hyde Road stadium used to be and sigh deeply! :P

Don't get me started, though I now live many miles away from the site of my beloved Dudley Wood, I have had a good few looks on Google Earth.

Makes me want to go and burn down a couple of Barratt Homes!!!!!

Looking on the bright side there is a possibility we could be back on track next year. Until then the memories will have to do, thank god for video!