British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bazaar3

Who Should Ride For The Uk In The Wtc?

I agree with you Paul, but don't forget Adam Mckinna was also injured in 1st meeting of season :rolleyes:

Aye if we could only talk Jim McMillan and Bert Harkins into a comeback . :wink:

That's the way to do it then.  Name as many as you can (is there an upper limit?), and see who looks best at the time.  I'd like to see the young lads such as Lewis and James get a chance to be around for practice.  Let them see what it's all about.
AFAIK, it's 10. So get Scott, Bomber, Simon, Lee, David, Ed, Floppy, Joe, Olly (James in Poland) and Lewis to practice. Then keep them in the pits while the meeting is taking place as mechanics/dogs bodies/motivators/for the experience along with Havvy, Chris Louis and Mark Loram. The Aussies get every British based Aussie in the pits it seems, why don't we do the same?

Nicholls, Rico, Stead, Harris, Howe with Kennett as reserve. Sorted. Now let's all go down the pub. B)  :P
I'm all for that. You paying?! :D

Must admit with Mark out I'm not all that fussed who rides this year now  :cry:

If we chucked the towel in every time we had one of our riders out we wouldn't have competed in the WTC at all.

AFAIK, it's 10.  So get Scott, Bomber, Simon, Lee, David, Ed, Floppy, Joe, Olly (James in Poland) and Lewis to practice.  Then keep them in the pits while the meeting is taking place as mechanics/dogs bodies/motivators/for the experience along with Havvy, Chris Louis and Mark Loram.  The Aussies get every British based Aussie in the pits it seems, why don't we do the same?

Smart thinkin' 99! Get the Barmy Army down there as well!

Maybe Lewis Hamilton'll follow Mark Webber's lead?

Nothin' wrong with a bit of Nationalism, let alone a chance to stick it up the Poms, By Jingo! :rolleyes:

Some laughable suggestions. Oliver Allen? Come on. Competent reserve/low second string rider, but shouldn't even be mentioned even if Cov is his home track. Just a limited rider if honest. The Cov boys need to take their Cov specs off.

Howes average is on the way down now and he won't get any "Karlsson corridors" at Cov or Leszno I'm afraid. The guy just isn't upto be international class. Has been proved all ready in his career. Hopefully can keep up his form though.

Why are people mentioning riders like Norris and Screen? Whats the point of them using them? They aren't top riders anymore and are the wrong side of thirty. A complete no brainer picking those two. A waste of a squad place. By all means get them in the pits though. Are they better than Nicholls, Harris, Stead, sicknote and Ed? No.

Nail ons are Nicholls and Harris along with Stead and Richardson in all probability. The side should be picked by Middlo by now anyway. After watching Ed these past few weeks he has realised he has got a special rider on his hands. The lad is oozing class at the moment and has rattled up the scores in the last month. As Middlo has said, Ed has it all. Middlo is a big fan of Ed and can see the ability in him.

Yes he hasn't set the world alight at Cov before, but he has only ridden there in about two/three competitive meetings and anyway he is a different rider now. He had never seen Bydgoszcz before, but beat Andreas Jonsson around there. Go and ask the Poole fans and riders like Crump, Pedersen and Boyce if they rate Ed and whether they would pick him?

To be honest if this discussion took place in a months time then there wouldn't be a debate needed over Ed's team place.

We won't win the thing anyway, but we may as well give our brightest prospect for some time on the world stage, the experience of a world cup and anyway by the time the SWC comes around his form will make sure he gets a place.

Some laughable suggestions. Oliver Allen? Come on. Competent reserve/low second string rider, but shouldn't even be mentioned even if Cov is his home track. Just a limited rider if honest. The Cov boys need to take their Cov specs off.

Howes average is on the way down now and he won't get any "Karlsson corridors" at Cov or Leszno I'm afraid. The guy just isn't upto be international class. Has been proved all ready in his career. Hopefully can keep up his form though.

Why are people mentioning riders like Norris and Screen? Whats the point of them using them? They aren't top riders anymore and are the wrong side of thirty. A complete no brainer picking those two. A waste of a squad place. By all means get them in the pits though. Are they better than Nicholls, Harris, Stead, sicknote and Ed? No.

Nail ons are Nicholls and Harris along with Stead and Richardson in all probability. The side should be picked by Middlo by now anyway. After watching Ed these past few weeks he has realised he has got a special rider on his hands. The lad is oozing class at the moment and has rattled up the scores in the last month. As Middlo has said, Ed has it all. Middlo is a big fan of Ed and can see the ability in him.

Yes he hasn't set the world alight at Cov before, but he has only ridden there in about two/three competitive meetings and anyway he is a different rider now. He had never seen Bydgoszcz before, but beat Andreas Jonsson around there. Go and ask the Poole fans and riders like Crump, Pedersen and Boyce if they rate Ed and whether they would pick him?

To be honest if this discussion took place in a months time then there wouldn't be a debate needed over Ed's team place.

We won't win the thing anyway, but we may as well give our brightest prospect for some time on the world stage, the experience of a world cup and anyway by the time the SWC comes around his form will make sure he gets a place.

Bang on post couldnt actually agree any more than that if there was an award to the most sensible post on here that would beat allcomers! :DB)

If we chucked the towel in every time we had one of our riders out we wouldn't have competed in the WTC at all.

I'm not chucking the towel in 21stch :cry: but obviously was more interested because Mark was in the team. I'll still be patriotic and loyal to Middlo and the lads and cheer them all the way (with one exception of course :P ) . Yet with Mark unable to participate it just puts a little bit of a dampner on it for his fans.

It's a bit like being a loyal Scott Nicholls, Nikki P or even a Jason Crump fan if they are not riding you'll still support the team but probably not as much as you would of done had your favourite been able to ride.

There's not many if any fans out there whose head has not gone down because we haven't got Mark in there, within TEAM GB he has to be one if not the most popular peoples 1st choice for a squad member but who can fill his speedway boots? :unsure::cry:

I'm not chucking the towel in 21stch  :cry: but obviously was more interested because Mark was in the team.  I'll still be patriotic and loyal to Middlo and the lads and cheer them all the way (with one exception of course  :P ) .  Yet with Mark unable to participate it just puts a little bit of a dampner on it for his fans.

It's a bit like being a loyal Scott Nicholls, Nikki P or even a Jason Crump fan if they are not riding you'll still support the team but probably not as much as you would of done had your favourite been able to ride.

There's not many if any fans out there whose head has not gone down because we haven't got Mark in there, within TEAM GB he has to be one if not the most popular peoples 1st choice for a squad member but who can fill his speedway boots?  :unsure:  :cry:

plus you have less confidence as well which doesnt help but like you said you'll still be right behind em eh?

Obviously I will be right behind TEAM GB, I'm not going to cheer on another country when mine is competing am I :rolleyes: but like I say it wont be the same for me as it has been in other years. I'm really not gettting across here what I'm trying to say although it makes perfect sense to me (but then am slightly hungover :lol: )

Obviously I will be right behind TEAM GB, I'm not going to cheer on another country when mine is competing am I  :rolleyes:  but like I say it wont be the same for me as it has been in other years.  I'm really not gettting across here what I'm trying to say although it makes perfect sense to me (but then am slightly hungover  :lol: )

Btw do you get royalties every time sky screen the cardiff ad?! :D

I know what you mean Shazz. Theres not one man in the GB team this year that I'm a particular fan of. I am a fan of most of the Danes and Poles though. I'm sure I'll be patriotic at the time but...... :sad:

I'm not chucking the towel in 21stch  :cry: but obviously was more interested because Mark was in the team.  I'll still be patriotic and loyal to Middlo and the lads and cheer them all the way (with one exception of course  :P ) .  Yet with Mark unable to participate it just puts a little bit of a dampner on it for his fans.

There's not many if any fans out there whose head has not gone down because we haven't got Mark in there, within TEAM GB he has to be one if not the most popular peoples 1st choice for a squad member but who can fill his speedway boots?

Obviously I will be right behind TEAM GB, I'm not going to cheer on another country when mine is competing am I  :rolleyes:  but like I say it wont be the same for me as it has been in other years.  I'm really not gettting across here what I'm trying to say although it makes perfect sense to me (but then am slightly hungover  :lol: )

I can see where you're coming from, and watching Mark has been a pleasure for all speedway fans. There are very few riders that have the pure racing ability that he has. However, one man does not a team make. Chin up, and get behind the boys that turn out for us at Cov (whoever gets the nod). :approve:

Guest Jacques

I know exactly where you are coming from Shazzy, we are all gutted that Mark is not going to be in the team :( ...the sweetner for me is it's at Coventry, and we've Bomber and Scott riding...

Mark will always be a hero of mine no matter what and now I'm looking to Edward Kennett and Lewis Bridger to follow in his speedway boots, let's hope they don't get to big for them to quickly :wink: