British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Stead Or Kennett For The Gb Wildcard?

Steady's got to be given the wild card surely.. Carrying a very poor team on his own at the moment & he's only 24, not exactly a Vet is he...

If you put aside the clubs SS and EK ride for, GB have two 'young' riders where their careers have taken similar paths and both look to have an exciting future.....and it seems there are others on the way, Bridger, Woffinden, Auty etc.

SS - Premier League to Elite League reserve to Elite League '2nd string' to Elite League Heatleader (Albeit in a struggling Aces team)

EK - Premier League to Elite League reserve to Elite League '2nd string' to ........... it is only a matter of time.

Obviously everyone will have their own opinion about reasons why someone is picked or not picked, but whoever is selected will get the support of UK fans in Cardiff I am sure......... maybe for 1 night only !!!!

My selection would be SS but it would not be a controversial decision if EK was given the nod.

Obviously everyone will have their own opinion about reasons why someone is picked or not picked, but whoever is selected will get the support of UK fans in Cardiff I am sure......... maybe for 1 night only !!!!

This is true unless it's Lee Richardson then I'd rather cheer on Nikki P or even Bacon Balls himself :wink:

This is true unless it's Lee Richardson then I'd rather cheer on Nikki P or even Bacon Balls himself  :wink:

I was just about to say I think it will be Lee R.

Where you sitting, I'll bring my HA Racing cap over for you..........

I was just about to say I think it will be Lee R.

Where you sitting, I'll bring my HA Racing cap over for you..........

Well, it is now official...the highest placed rider apart from Nicholls and Harris, will be the Wild Card for the Cardiff GP and the next two highest qualifiers will be the reserves.

It is today on the Super7even/ BSPA site.

Would expect that the wildcard will be David Howe. It's the right move to reward the riders with the position that they acheive and it may make the racing a bit more competitive.

This whole question now seems academic. If the proposal is accepted by the SGP, then the wildcard will be the British Champion, unless that's Chris Harris or Scott Nicholls, in which case the place will go to the next highest placed rider.

The reserve berths will be made up of the next two placed riders.

This whole question now seems academic.  If the proposal is accepted by the SGP, then the wildcard will be the British Champion, unless that's Chris Harris or Scott Nicholls, in which case the place will go to the next highest placed rider.

The reserve berths will be made up of the next two placed riders.

It seems that the proposal has now been accepted.

It is on the BSPA site as of 25th. May

Edited by Pollyanna

Why does it have to be an English rider? What about Australians? It is not fair that they can't get a wildcard just because they don't have a GP. I was thinking about Rory Schlein. Alot of fans would support him.

Schlein would be a good choice.

BTW: It is not up to Middlo, he will be consulted but BSI/FIM/Ole will make the call

Thank god! End of speculation.

the only one who DESERVES it will be the rider who finishes highest of the non GP Brits.

GO HOWIE!!!!!

I have ploughed through the thread with patience. Kennett or Stead? No mention of David Howe who has an average higher than both. He is the top Brit behind Nicholls and Harris.

Fact.

I know that the top scorer on monday will be given the wild card. I also expect that if it is David Howe many will explain it by saying 'home track advantage.'

The fact remains though, he is currently having a better season than either Kennett or Stead. Both are good riders who I would be happy to support in the British GP. But let's be a little less blinkered please.

I'll bring my HA Racing cap over for you..........

Thanks but I can make myself look an ass as it is without help :wink:

I know that the top scorer on monday will be given the wild card. I also expect that if it is David Howe many will explain it by saying 'home track advantage.'

But let's be a little less blinkered please.

So it's Howes home track do you really not think that this will give home advantage then :P ........ come on let's not be blinkered here, we all have our favourites Edward and Lewis are mine so why would I want Howe or Stead as a Wildcard for the GP same as any Howe/Stead fan wanting Lewis or Edward there :rolleyes:

Dont forget Lewis rode at Cardiff 2 years ago aged 15 before the meeting and was only 0.2 seconds slower than the heat 1 time . :o