British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Watched my first gp of the year last night, watched it in the pub where there were some bemused people staring at us shouting for Bomber, we were also joined by a few regulars who now watch the gp's while they are drinking.

What about dragging a few along to see some live action?

I am sure a few of these cflag.gif will be flying in Cardiff on June 30th.

As there were in theWroclaw Stadium yesterday. But now its sopping wet and needs repair work for Monday.

But I dont care. :D:D

I wonder if Bomber is happy though. That boy strives to be the best and I wonder if he is happy at a third place or dissapointed he wasnt first!!! :unsure:

Great night for CH. First GP I've watched in 18 months, very exciting with some very high quality entertainment. We are lucky at Coventry to have such a gifted racer in our team. CH serves up breathtaking passes on a weekly basis. Never doubted his tallents. I think the 2 main factors in CH's fantastic showing is that he hasn't been phased by the GP, indeed the guy is oozing confidence when talking to the cameras las night. The 2nd reason he is going to do very well in the gps is that he has an excellent pit crew and in Brian Andersen a very experienced man on board. I'll have to try and get to see more GPs this year.

Great stuff Chris, ride on from here and don't let your standards drop. Awesome riding in an overall decent meeting. Good luck and looking forward to the net GP.

Fantastic for Chris Harris! So pleased for him.

I hope the people on here (and there were loads) who were shouting him down when he was awarded a wild card, saying 'he would be out of his depth' and 'he won't get anywhere round the big polish tracks if he cant gate'!! You lot look like idiots now don't you!

I hope your going to come on here and apologise, i hope finally the speedway fans in Britain will back our best hope for glory this year instead of putting him down.

Chris Harris is one of the nicest, modest guys you will ever meet, he strives to the be the best.

Even without his gating skills he can pass the top riders in the world - Greg, Hans etc.

Poole fans take note, i rememeber some of you saying that it's all very well passing 2nd strings like Ed Kennett :lol: but he will not pass the top riders.... well i'm afraid he will, he's a natural on a speedway bike, he went round Bjarne Pedersen tonight with ease! Brilliant! Forget Lindback, support Harris!!!

I also disagree with Steve's comments about Chris in his first GP - 7 points is superb in your second ever GP, to get that amount of points you have to beat the top riders, so of course we are going to be ranting and raving about it.

So lets raise your glasses to Harris, for once us Brits have something to shout about - Harris is the new Gollob!!!!

Well done to Chris Harris a brilliant display from the guy also what a gutsy display from Scotty Nicholls, would surely have qualified for the semis had he been fully fit.

QUESTION - Where are all the people who predicted Chris Harris would finish bottom of the GP standings? Where are all the people who have been complaining that he should not even be in the GP series?

ANSWER - They are currently wiping egg of their faces.... Apologies can be accepted by fax or email thankyou very much.

I'm delighted for him. Well done Bomber (or "Baby Gull" as the PA announcer used to call him when he used to ride at St Austell - I wonder why that name did not stick!).

Anyone got any video of his GP rides?

:D

Guest Jacques
QUESTION - Where are all the people who predicted Chris Harris would finish bottom of the GP standings? Where are all the people who have been complaining that he should not even be in the GP series?

ANSWER - They are currently wiping egg of their faces.... Apologies can be accepted by fax or email thankyou very much.

I'm delighted for him. Well done Bomber (or "Baby Gull" as the PA announcer used to call him when he used to ride at St Austell - I wonder why that name did not stick!).

Anyone got any video of his GP rides?

:D

The bit you mised from your answer Steve R...is that the fickle bunch are actually also on here congratulating him :blink::(

Edited by Jacques

But late on this band wagon (heck its Monday morning now!).

Well done Bomber, a truly superb display!

Ballsy riding all night and a podium to show for it. :D

WELL DONE CHRIS "BOMBER "HARRIS !!!

A REAL SCRAPPER, TRYER, RACER...ALL IN ALL A "PROPPER JOB"

I HAD A GOOD FEELING THAT BOMBER WOULD DO WELL,BUT DIDNT DARE SHOUT ABOUT IT ON HERE FOR FEAR OF SARCASTIC REPRISAL. AND I URGED THOSE WHO WERE WHINGING TO GET BEHIND THE BRITS.

WELL DONE BOMBER..... LONG MAY YOUR FORM CONTINUE !!!

WELL DONE SCOTTY TOO,... MOST MEN ON THIS FORUM WOULDNT GO TO WORK WITH A BROKEN THUMB, INCLUDING ME !... LET ALONE RACE A FRIGGIN SPEEDWAY BIKE,... SCOTT DESERVES RESPECT FOR THE VERY FACT THAT HE WAS EVEN THERE.

Edited by Chris-P

Guest Jacques

Thanks Randle the bee...sooo great watching that again....that semi final ride !!jeeezz :blink::D

Edited by Jacques

I actually enjoyed Heat 13 better - the pass on Hampel was breathtaking! (even by Bombers standards) And look how close to the fence they were!

Edited by RandleTheBee