British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Now that the 4's has been rescheduled, surely by rights Redcar should be returned to the line up, as their line up will (touch wood) be back to full strength?

Anyone know if this will be the case?

Now that the 4's has been rescheduled, surely by rights Redcar should be returned to the line up, as their line up will (touch wood) be back to full strength?

It'll be the same. They won't change it just because of a rain off....surely? :blink:

lets have a level playing field with EVERYBODY having a chance to QUALIFY between now and july....please.

Unfortunately they are in a no win situation (not sticking up for JC who has made some mistakes along with all the positives surrounding the Super7).

You could make a strong arguement that given the timescale between now and the restaging date they could recalculate the lineup 30 days before the meeting as per the original qualifying criteria - response from the fans who went in the rain and whose club is no longer in the tournament would probably be less than complementary and thats without the financial hit of reprinting all the programmes from scratch

Equally keeping the original lineup (or the revisied original lineup) leads to its own can of worms as far as Sheffield and Redcar goes and heaven forbid if Sheffield were in the top seven averages come early June and the BSPA go back to the original original line up

Personally I would go for a recalculation (Super7 tickets are redeemable at any of the other events so the PL pairs may see some cashed in there, equally an offer of a refund to any fans who wished to would not do any harm in the PR stakes) but think it is the less likely of the two options

The final line up has been decided, wrongly i must admit, so it should remain as it should have been on Sunday, however there is once more a deafening silence from the BSPA on the subject.

why does that not surprise me

Edited by The Third Man

The line-up should remain as it did from Sunday as you cannot go changing the line-up when fans have paid to come and see there team and the next thing you know is there team is not in the re-staging of the event. If this happens I will be writing to the Chipmunk and the BSPA asking for my money back.

Its ok saying you can use your tickets at other events but what if you have already got a ticket for the PL Pairs and the ELRC. You cannot go to the British Final as its on a Monday when working plus on sky and the PLRC is on a Sunday night at Swindon in September when am back at Uni. If the PLRC would have started say 2pm then I would have attended this if Sheffield are not in the fours but a 6pm start time is ridicoulous when you have a 4 hour drive home.

Should be, but i bet it wont be. :rolleyes:

Why have reserves full stop?, didnt happen in pairs when glasgow sent another team out with mccallan and ksiezak!

Edited by Matousek

If that's the case, I hope the Redcar promotion is going to buy back all the rain-off tickets from Sheffield fans, not to mention the programs. we purchased these tickets to see our team as advertised - any change now means we are entitled to a refund, as we bought tickets to see a product including our team, and not Redcar with all respect. Any other teams supporters would feel the same if they were in this position.

Regards

If that's the case, I hope the Redcar promotion is going to buy back all the rain-off tickets from Sheffield fans, not to mention the programs. we purchased these tickets to see our team as advertised - any change now means we are entitled to a refund, as we bought tickets to see a product including our team, and not Redcar with all respect. Any other teams supporters would feel the same if they were in this position.

Regards

Usig that theory, did the Sheffield promotin buy tickets from the Redcar fans who had bought tickets?

Sure ive read somewhere redcar have written as they want to be back in it when its restaged. :unsure:

Usig that theory, did the Sheffield promotin buy tickets from the Redcar fans who had bought tickets?

I take your point with that - but they had the choice on the day if they had not pre purchased tickets - I chose to go and pay on the day.

However, I have already bought tickets for the pairs and ELRC, and PLRC at Swindon on a Sunday night is not an attractive journey - so my options are limited.

I take your point with that - but they had the choice on the day if they had not pre purchased tickets - I chose to go and pay on the day.

However, I have already bought tickets for the pairs and ELRC, and PLRC at Swindon on a Sunday night is not an attractive journey - so my options are limited.

Thanks for conceeding that point Seanisnumber1. We do have sympathy but it isn't Redcar's fault that the original staging was called off - and we were highly unlikely to have bought on the day after being booted out were we? All that is required is to refund any monies to anyone affected by the restaging, any fans lost in these circumstances would be replaced by the 'new' teams fans so no-one will lose out. And anyway if the correct action is taken - that of 'new' teams qualifying at the 'new' cut of date of 08/06/07 Sheffield stand as much chance (and probably more) of being amongst the qualifiers as everyone. Everyone starts back on a level playing field and all teams have another 3 weeks before the qualification period is over.

Redcar fans are just upset that as valid qualifiers for the original staging and being kicked out due to injuries if we can field that original qualifying team for the restaging but aren't allowed back in then something is wrong somewhere. By the same token if a new cut off date is given (and let's face it much was made of the fact they were using up to date averages to determine qualification!) and Redcar do not qualify by right then we can hardly complain, can we.

Edited by Boothers

Well a week has passed and no word from the BSPA about the teams for the restaging, what other sport would have a governing body that stays so quiet on such an important subject.

the fans need to know what is happening but once again othing, so far the "super 7s" have been a complete farce, when will theBSPA learn that fans are important and like to know what is happening