British Speedway Forum
BOBBATH

Sandor Levai

G/Day Star Gost.  B)

Who incidentally said he did?  :unsure:

Regards.

I believe that some time in the late 1960s or very early 1970s Sandor Levai also raced a season in Australia. Can anyone confirm this please?

Posting 2 says "his old team mates" referring to Halifax. I took it that the thought was that Sandor rode for them ????????????

I assumed it was what was meant

Cheers

Edited by star ghost

I'm glad you put that on about Solihull. I began to wonder if I dreamt about it possibly being in Birminham

Edited by star ghost

Posting 2 says "his old team mates" referring to Halifax. I took it that the thought was that Sandor rode for them ????????????

I assumed it was what was meant

Cheers

G/Day Star Gost

Should I have said................... :unsure:

G/Day BobB.

I just asked Greg Kentwell your question, he says the last he was told Sandor was in the USofA .... He also (Greg Kentwell) said he will dig out his 60th party photos of himSELF with HIS old Halifax team m8's.... I'm on the case.. B)

Regards.

PS.

Sorry to the forum only BobB & the ppl that have read http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...61entry926861

would know what the post ment in the full.... :rolleyes:

I don't think Sandor ever rode for Halifax.To Trackman in Australia -greetings from Canada-tell Greg Kentwell I remember him well, riding for Halifax in 66-67. One of the guys who added enjoyment to the sport by always trying his best and putting on a good show whatever the odds and wherever he went. Glad to hear he is doing well at the young age of 40 ish(tell him 60 is the new 40, particularly for former speedway riders)!! Tell him if I come over to Australia I will personally buy him a beer for all the pleasure he gave us in his speedway career!!

Tell him if I come over to Australia I will personally buy him a beer for all the pleasure he gave us in his speedway career!!

Any inside info on when you'll be over? Its just that me and a few M8s have got this terrible thirst......... :rolleyes:

Sandor was a joy to watch, hope he's kickin' on OK!

Thanx BFD in Aussie- will keep buying those lottery tickets-I noticed a post from someone called 'I like Slant'-which prompted me to think of Slant Payling -is he still around-another Prov League whole hearted trier I recall

.To Trackman in Australia -greetings from Canada-tell

Greg Kentwell I remember  One of the guys who added enjoyment to the sport by always trying his best and putting on a good show whatever the odds and wherever he went.

I will personally buy him a beer for all the pleasure he gave us in his speedway career!!

He's still the same 100% Mr smooooth.... His speedcar is like a show car, the Alfa aloy motor is polished like a mirror... ;)

Regards.

PS.

How lucky am'I to be able to take his car out for a skid. :D .....

I still pinch my self, when I get straped in. ;)

My information was that Sandors garage was in or near Solihull or was it Coleshill

Zeke Zoltan, most older Belle Vue supporters look at me with astonishment when I mention him; I was beginning to believe he was a figment of my imagination. Only rode a couple of second halfs

Yes. Zeke Zoltan did ride second half at Belle Vue. As previously mentioned, I put him and Sandor Levai forward to then promoter Johnnie Hoskins.

I have a hazy recollection that after retirement he owned a garage-car workshop business in Sheffield. :unsure:

He certainly was in Sheffield for quite a long time, as his ex wife and daughter lived in the city for years, they may still do.

He certainly was in Sheffield for quite a long time, as his ex wife and daughter lived in the city for years, they may still do.

Sorry to read the phrase "his ex wife".

In the early 1970s, on an afternoon "record choice" programme there was a request to DJ David Hamilton from Mrs Levai for him to play a rceord for her husband "Sandor Levai the speedway rider."

It's sad how times move on and people part - although we obviously don't know the reasons why they split. And it's not really our business anyway. I mention this more as colour to anecdotes about a very fine and entertaining speedway rider.