British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M08

Wieslaw Jagus

No it would still have been reckless - however it would have been reckless and lucky (that no-one got hurt) as opposed to just plain reckless!

Edited by lupus

Try telling that to Jagus done out of Points and SOME prize money.

Agree that he was very unlucky tonight but that is sport for you, ups and downs.

I think we will have to agree to disagree lupus :wink:

Can't beleive I am defending Nicki P :D:shock::blink:

Edited by Bagpuss

Felt desperately sorry for Jagus. Perhaps, and it's a big perhaps, if Nicki P rode with more control in the first place, such "racing incidents" wouldn't happen so often? It's a thought....

I would not be at all suprised to see yet another rider take the next two weeks off omestic raising, yet be strangely fit for the next GP. Radical I know - but you heard it here first.

Nasty accident but as harsh as it is if there was the slightest chance Jagus suffered concussion he had to be withdrawn.

Edited by superjoe

Definately keep an eye on Jagus in the future his odds will go out now. :)

Wieslaw has very much impressed me in this season's GP's - so surely it's time for a Promoter in this country to get him over here to race?  :unsure:

He has been approached/asked to sign for a British team since he was 25 and has never shown an interest in riding in this country, especially with so many different race nights.

Typical out of control Pedersen again causing another pileup, was very similar to what he did to Simon Stead at Belle Vue a few weeks ago when Stead  went over the fence.

Wolves fan - Speedway Fan - Not a Nicki fan

However much I feel for Wieslaw, you cant blame Nicki's riding for this one, it was a racing accident and this happens at times which are just a part of the sport.

Nasty looking crash but definitely a racing incident with no malice from Nicki in my opinion.

We thought Bjarne was very lucky to come away, hopefully, unscathed. Imagine Crump and Bjarne both being injured!!

As said before Jagus had to be withdrawn with concussion whereas it was Nickis own decision to ride through the pain barrier.

Lets hope all 3 riders plus Crump don't have serious injuries and aren't too bruised and battered in the morning.

How can you NOT blame Nicki's riding for the crash? :blink: He went underneath a guy riding ON the white line and clipped the kerb.....or did his bike do this all on it's own?! HE and he alone made the decision to try a manouvre that was reckless and unfortuantly for Jagus and Bjarne, they took the brunt of HIS move!

I am certainly not saying his intention was to deliberatly injure the other riders - however to say he was not to blame is wrong!

Edited by lupus

I would not be at all suprised to see yet another rider take the next two weeks off omestic raising, yet be strangely fit for the next GP.  Radical I know - but you heard it here first.

There is another GP rider that may well not be turning up for his team again as well, though not because of unjury.

How can you NOT blame Nicki's riding for the crash?  :blink:He went underneath a guy riding ON the white line and clipped hte kerb.....or did his bikew do this all on it's own!  HE and he alone made the decision to try a manouvre that was reckless and unfortuanlty for Jagus and Bjarne, they took the brunt of HIS move!

It's a perfectly legitimate move. Happens at least 15 times a match at Peterboro.

Honestly, do you remember Gollob causing anyone's fall in recent years..?

I remember Gollob being a right dirty sod!

Of course Nickis at fault, after all, it's hardly the other 3 in the races fault is it? Equally, Jason is at fault for his fall!

Edited by SCB

Guest Jacques
Nasty looking crash but definitely a racing incident with no malice from Nicki in my opinion.

Clearly, :) we are going to all agree to differ on this...I saw it as a racing accident too.

It's happened, done and gone.. and luckily nobody too seriously hurt..

How can you NOT blame Nicki's riding for the crash?  :blink: He went underneath a guy riding ON the white line and clipped hte kerb.....or did his bikew do this all on it's own!  HE and he alone made the decision to try a manouvre that was reckless and unfortuanlty for Jagus and Bjarne, they took the brunt of HIS move!

Nicki was on gate one, nearest the kerb, Jagus was off gate two. They both got to the bend and went for the white line, but Jagus got in front, but Nicki had to put his front wheel on the kerb, which is allowed. The problem was that his rear wheel then caught the kerb and the drive sent him straight.

It is a GP meeting and they all go for every point, but Nicki's mistake was an accident and for a change, I will defend him on this one as it was clearly and accident

I remember Gollob being a right dirty sod!

Of course Nickis at fault, after all, ut's hardly the other 4 in the races fault is it?  Equally, Jason is at fault for his fall!

THANK YOU Shawn - that's what I was trying to say!

BTW there are only 3 other riders in a race.....I realise you're Welsh and a Coventry fan ;) but I thought you might be able to count the number of riders in a race! :lol:

Edited by lupus

There is another GP rider that may well not be turning up for his team again as well, though not because of unjury.

I do hope you aren't thinking of a certain American TNT. Because that's gossip - and we never gossip on the forum... ;)