British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M08

Wieslaw Jagus

BTW there are only 3 other riders in a race.....I realise you're Welsh and a Cvoentry fan ;) but I thought you might be able to count the number of riders in a race!  :lol:

Bugger, I thought I'd got away with that :D

Of course Nickis at fault, after all, it's hardly the other 4 in the races fault is it?  Equally, Jason is at fault for his fall!

So its now its 5 riders a race SCB ?

How can you NOT blame Nicki's riding for the crash?   :blink: He went underneath a guy riding ON the white line and clipped the kerb.....or did his bike do this all on it's own?!  HE and he alone made the decision to try a manouvre that was reckless and unfortuantly for Jagus and Bjarne, they took the brunt of HIS move!

I am certainly not saying his intention was to deliberatly injure the other riders - however to say he was not to blame is wrong!

lupus having another 'debate' about Nicki. Quit when you're behind. ;)

:blink::blink:

Edited by Tsunami

How can you NOT blame Nicki's riding for the crash?  :blink: He went underneath a guy riding ON the white line and clipped the kerb.....or did his bike do this all on it's own?!  HE and he alone made the decision to try a manouvre that was reckless and unfortuantly for Jagus and Bjarne, they took the brunt of HIS move!

Yes, Nicki caused the crash, and he was rightly excluded from the re-run. To look any deeper than a racing mistake is a nonsense though. There was nothing malicious or cynical about the move, it was simply bad luck....He picked up drive and lost control, just like Jason did when he fell.

The real person to blame, IMHO, is the person responsible for the track surface. If it wasn't such a barren surface Nicki wouldn't have been climbing over the white line desperately seeking some grip to propel him around the first turn.

I also feel gutted for Jagus. Yes, he may have taken a knock to the head but that's not the first time this has happened in a GP. I can clearly recall TRick being knocked out cold in a race in 2000, but there was no question about him completing the meeting (although not the re-run as he was disgracefully excluded, and anyone who remembers the incident will know what I'm talking about).

Honestly, do you remember Gollob causing anyone's fall in recent years..?

Honestly, do you remember Pedersen grabbing anyone's nuts in the middle of a race? ;)

Oh yeah Nicki's fault, he was excluded for it lol

Huge shame it peed up Jagus's night!

The real person to blame, IMHO, is the person responsible for the track surface. If it wasn't such a barren surface Nicki wouldn't have been climbing over the white line desperately seeking some grip to propel him around the first turn.

Nicki's move was unnecessarily desperate. But as you said, it's ridiculous to call it malicious or even dangerous. Just one of those things.

As for the track, I disagree. Track was fine when slick on the inside and grippy outside...right up until the semi's when they completely ruined it by giving the inside the grip ! :rolleyes:

Honestly, do you remember Pedersen grabbing anyone's nuts in the middle of a race?  ;)

Honestly not.. but I'm not sure if I get you meant :rolleyes:

Honestly not.. but I'm not sure if I get you meant  :rolleyes:

Think back many years (maybe you're too young :P ) to the GP race where in the middle of the straight Tomasz reached across and grabbed Henka by the testicles.....now THAT is a dirty move :D

Think back many years (maybe you're too young  :P ) to the GP race where in the middle of the straight Tomasz reached across and grabbed Henka by the testicles.....now THAT is a dirty move  :D

Oh I don't remember this one. But after Henka's famous past in Bydgoszcz I guess this must 've been just a friendly gesture :wink:

Mateusz...when Tomasz stopped causing so many crashes, his great form stopped as well.

Right, that's the other side of the coin. But his great form actually stopped when he crashed himself in Golden Helmet '99. Then the guy calmed down but as you said it's been not that Gollob anymore.

Oh I don't remember this one. But after Henka's famous past in Bydgoszcz I guess this must 've been just a friendly gesture  :wink:

LMAO....I really don't want to know about the "team bonding" sessions in Bydgoszcz now :blink:

I'm a big fan of Nicki's fully committed racing style but I thought he was at fault for the crash as his front wheel was over the white line.

His rear wheel clipped the kerb which straightened him up and the melee unfolded from that.

It was a racing accident and Nicki was rightly excluded

Shame that Jagus took the brunt of it all by being forced to crash then being made withdraw from the meeting - though in hindsight he might well thank the medics for doing that - or perhaps not

Think back many years (maybe you're too young  :P ) to the GP race where in the middle of the straight Tomasz reached across and grabbed Henka by the testicles.....now THAT is a dirty move  :D

thats what you call hands on style :)

LMAO....I really don't want to know about the "team bonding" sessions in Bydgoszcz now  :blink:

:D:D

No one of them is in the team now, don't worry :rolleyes:

Edited by Mateusz

pedersen lost control yes but if jonsson or adams etc had done it would they receive this much stick? of course not

pedersens a class act. if his ribs are broken and he still makes the final so soon after the impact of the crash then fair play, thats 150% dedication and what we need in the sport.