British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M08

Wieslaw Jagus

Remove all kerbs and run the risk of riders cutting the corners. This would have to be refereed appropriatley.

Glad that all are up and about, albeit feeling very second hand.

I may be mistaken, but didn't you post a freeze frame from last year's Kskro GP that showed young Nicki P riding with both wheels over the "white line" in one race?

I trust he will ride through the pain barrier for his team on Thursday night as well at Ipswich

jaybea

I may be mistaken, but didn't you post a freeze frame from last year's Kskro GP that showed young Nicki P riding with both wheels over the "white line" in one race?

Not me guvnor - somebody did though !

Also at Bydgoszcz in 2001 (the amazing heat 18) Hancock also went grasstracking to pass Adams.

I vote for kerbs and the rule no part of the bike across the line.

Nope. That was me. Because he was.

I trust he will ride through the pain barrier for his team on Thursday night as well at Ipswich

jaybea

Very doubtful seeings though it's been reported on the BSPA site that Nicki has collarbone, rib and shoulder injuries AND internal bleeding following the crash on Saturday night. :(

Very doubtful seeings though it's been reported on the BSPA site that Nicki has collarbone, rib and shoulder injuries AND internal bleeding following the crash on Saturday night. :(

But that was probably taken from Nicki's site where it says he will see his physio(?) today to decide on the meetings in Sweden and Denmark tues + wed.So there is a possibility.Although i can see him sitting the week out until the Danish final friday

Nicki Pedersen bad boy. A fair few riders would have backed off and left it too the next lap or corner.

Feel extremely sorry for Jagus (and Crump), both riders I went for the GP competition withdrew due to injury.

I did feel sorry for Jagus to be ruled out through not fault of his own, but that's speedway. Nicki went for a move, and in hindsight we can all say it was ill-advised. If he'd got through it'd have been a great move. It was just unfortunate that his back wheel seemed to clip the curb. I don't see the problem with riders going over the curb if they choose to try it. You can get your back wheel on a fresh bit of dirt, and it's not against any rules. If you want to stop this sort of incident you have to make the curb higher or not have one at all.

Back to Jagus. He's had a great start, and I hope he's back for the next one with no after-effects from this crash.